Dragonite

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• Administrators
(More standards from Ikaru...)
Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch / Earthquake / ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Finishing off my league team is this, the dragon that was overlooked for so long because of Garchomp and Salamence. Along comes Gen V, and Dragonite got a new toy in Multi-Scale... Combo it with Roost and this is one bulky Dragon. 369 Attack unboosted is strong on its own, but add in Multi-Scale halving the damage of any attack while you're at full HP, and you're almost guaranteed a Dance. This pushes its attack up to 550 or so, I believe, well enough to throw out STAB Dragon Claws and for those pesky Steel types who think they can wall your claws... Fire Punch will torch them nicely. Earthquake is an alternative that deals with Steel just as nicely, but Fire Punch is used in case of Ice as well. ExtremeSpeed is also an option for reliable Priority, since it's above all the other priority moves. In my experience, usually only Heatran and burns are the only thing that's stopped this set from sweeping, or at least doing a ton of damage.

• 4 weeks later...
[Bro in Rain]
Dragonite (M/F) @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost/Surf
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Hurricane

As the name of the set suggests, this set is best used in Rain. Thunder and Hurricane have 100% Accuracy when Rain is present. Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor are pretty good STAB moves. Like most of my other sets, Leftovers for health and Life Orb for power. 299 Special Attack should be enough to deal reasonable damage. 284 Speed can outrun most non-Swift Swimmers which increases your chances of getting your opponent confused and having them attack themselves.

---

N8 here, I added Surf as a possible choice, as it gets a double boost in Rain which makes it a way to put huge dents in stuff, even if they are only neutral to the non-STAB move.

• 3 weeks later...
Bulky Dragonite

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Roost

Dragonite is naturally pretty bulky, so it can take a few hits. Dragon Tail is to force switches when needed. Substitute when hp is relatively high. In most cases, the sub will be able take a hit or two. Thunder Wave shouldn't need explanation.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mafia
Stall all nite
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute

Multiscale with the given defense Ev's allows DNite to take physical hits he would not normally take well and allows him to set up a T-Wave with Substitute allowing him to safely set up on walls that lack roar or whirlwind Dragon Tail with many spikes are always good fun if you can predict a switch in or in general annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...
Testing the winds.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Tail/Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Rush
- Aerial Ace

This set I've had for years, it's the one on my Diamond and Pearl! I found it still works out pretty well. I may mention this is a set for a lead, a Pokemon meant to die, BUT to also make a hard hit! Jolly vs. Adamant nature just depends on what you want more, speed or attack, with the choice scarf it should out speed a lot. Dragon Rush is risky for it's accuracy but worth it for the power and possible flinch it has. Aqua Tail for rock, fire, ground Pokemon that cause a threat. Earthquake for fire/rock/electric/poison/steel. It just depends which one you're more worried about, also if you want to have another not 100% accurate move. Fire Punch takes care of grass and steel but more importantly ice and with multiscale you should be able to land two good punches before they get to you. Dragon Rush for stab and to take care of other dragons, again with multiscale [s]andabitofluck[/s] You should be able to land a devastating blow to your opponents dragon before it can finish you off. I put Aerial Ace for STAB purposes but it helps against fighting which may help your team out in the end, I know it's changed things around for me a couple of times, plus better chance in taking out pesky grass types like Breloom :D

• 1 month later...
Super haxy Knight

Dragonite (M)@leftovers

trait- multi-scale

evs- +252 sp def. +252 def. +4 hp
adamant nature

- dragon claw
- thunder wave
- roost
-dragon dance

Ok, the theory behind this dragonite is to boost up to an insane sweeper. first move you are mostly protected by multiscale. you use thunder wave to paralyze your foe. then you use dragon dance untill you are lower than 30% hp. next turn because you are faster thanks to paralsyis, you use roost. then repeat with dragon dance. this will either cause you oppeonet to switch, or sit there and wathc you build your sweeper. either way if you get in a dragon dance or 2, there dead. and sometimes somebody stupid will let you build to a +6 attack and speed. i knoe a very problamtic thought would be that this dragonite is walled by steel. this is probably the only weakeness of this dragonite. if you come in contact with steel, realistically the only thing to do is switch unless you have 3 dragon dances. also the other problem would be taunt. if you can avoid these two things you will be unstopable!

- Conor

• 4 months later...
Well here are two rain sets ive been using for Dragonite. I feel like Dragonite's true potential can be unlocked in the rain

Speedy sweep
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility/thunder wave
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf

the theory behind this set is to hide behind multi scale and and set up an agility to boost your speed to roughly 450. able to out speed any normal unboosted pokemon. ten pikc your poison with each match up you face. hurricane takes care of most and has raised accuracy. Thunder for a little extra on bulky water pokemon and also boosted endurnace. Surf to take care of steel pokemon which hurricane and thunder wont take care of + gets the power boost in rain.

Mixed recovery in rain
Dragonite (M) @ leftovers
EVs: 200 SAtk/ 255 Spd/ 75 Atk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, )
-Outrage
-Hurricane
-roost
-thunder

On my rain team which happens to rape the ladder on PO and the other big servers, i use the previous set which is all special attack. but if you have a rain team and you need a filler towards endgame where youve figured out most of you opponents pokemon i would use him. if you get in the previous situation a lot where your down to 2 pokemon and your opponent has 3, and your trying to stage a comeback, this set is perfect because of its variety. it can really hit hard. but caution warning: ONLY USE OUTRAGE ONCE YOU ELIMINATED THE CHANCE OF FERROTHORN. if that then hes the perfect endgame sweeper. Again pick your poison for the moves and hell do you good Edited by conor k

I would be careful with the agility in rain. If you encounter a Swift Swimmer you my friend are screwed. T-wave might work better in rain. That way you cripple Swift Swimmers. Since even at 450 you aren't going to touch any SS pokemon.

You are also lacking EVs on the mixed recovery.

I ran these sets on the PO server where swif swim is banned (as well as on Smogon and on PBC.) I feel like agailty would be a much bigger help on those servers. however if you are on Reborn or a server where swift swim is aloud in OU, I would agree that thunder wavw would be a better option. and thank you i added evs on the mixed recovery set.

• 4 weeks later...
Dragonite (F) @ (No Item)
- Agility
- Wrap
- Take Down
- Substitute

Gen 1 Dnite. Wrap was broken as fuck back then, and agility didn't help with the fact that Dnite was outspeeding everyone. Take Down is literally the only other viable move on a Gen 1 nite. Substitute for maximum trolling. See my early update was a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 144 Atk / 116 Def / 124 SDef / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Best used with a spinner, but my Espeon typically shoos away the stealth cocks.
Basic offensive bulky set, you may have problems with steels, but unless they can take you out while you're roosting damage away (Which is something most steels don't have the moveset to do) you can just Ddance your way to victory. It might look pretty rudimentary but this set has helped me out SO MUCH. ExtremeSpeed is the final say on priority, no way to beat it~

• 2 months later...
Dragonite is one of my favorite pokemon, so I have many sets for him/her. Here they are (with explanation):

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Roost
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

With This Dragonite, I take advantage of multiscale and use roost when needed. You are more than likely to use it first knowing you will have at least 1 dragon dance used already. A lot of people have steel types to counter dragons because they will not die from a hit and this can be annoying, so to counter you use brick break (whats a reflect to you pfft). This set can be proven useful. He has won me many battles.

Trait: Inner Focus
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake/waterfall

This Dragonite was built to kill quickly as you can see the Adamant Nature. Lum Berry is there to protect him from confusion and or (thunder wave, toxic, spore, etc.) And with dragon dance your outrage is very lethal. Brick Break For steel types and other problems. Earthquake is to ensure that other nuisances are dead and gone. The can be replaced by waterfall as it covers more types than earthquake and can be better.

- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Waterfall

This Dragonite was my most recent creation. I did notice off the top that Dragon Tail has a very low priority, so to work around it i had another pokemon to have stealth rock and with 1 dragon dance already being used dragon tail puts in more damage and constantly switches out making your opponent take more damage from S.R. Roost takes advantage of multiscale and leftovers helps support it further, waterfall is to cover other annoying types like steel.

• 1 month later...
priority abuser

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

The idea behind this dknight set is to be an OU version OF Arceus. Arceus mostly in the uber tier runs a swords dance extreme speed set. This ruins most teams with a very strong stab move always going first, with a swords dance boost. with dragonite, the choice band pretty much covers the swords dance boost the best it can be covered. a good thing here is that choice band dosent hinder you because your mostly going to be coming in revenge killilng with dragontie with an extreme speed. the rest of the moves are for mainly ghosts and steels. fire punch for steel and same with earthquake. outrage for stab on other pokemon.

• 4 weeks later...
Hydra (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SDef / 240 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

This is my Dragonite, and he's worked out for a long time. partially because of his Multiscale ability. one dragon dance + and outrage = extreme power. Lum berry helps when he gets confused after outrage.

• 6 months later...
hallo

[i][b]Outrage[/b][/i]
[img]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/149.gif[/img]

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Aim of the set is to set up as many Dragon Dances as possible before clicking outrage. Simple enough. Pretty standard Dragonite, Fire Punch for Ferro, Scizor, Gene, Forretress etc. ExtremeSpeed is a much better option over Earthquake as it's a +2 priority. Lum Berry and Multiscale allow him to set up at least one boost before clicking Outrage.

[b][i]Trick Room[/i][/b]
[img]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/149.gif[/img]

Dragonite (M) @ Dragon Gem / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef | 0 Spd IVs
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower

This Dragonite set works wonderfully on a Trick Room team. The moveset given allows him to hit almost everything extremely hard and is used for taking out defensive threats to other Trick Room users.The set aims to eliminate threats to Trick Room with a variety of attacks which work very effectively.

- Ferrothorn / Celebi / Skarmory / Forretress / Jirachi / Other Defensive Steel types -- Fire Blast -- helps with Conkeldurr / Mew / Breloom / Rampardos / Etc

- Tyranitar / Blissey / Heatran / Other Specially Defensive Rock / Normal / Dark Types -- SuperPower -- helps with Reuniclus / Slowking / Slowbro / Porygon2 / Mew

- Hippowdon / Politoed / Ninetails / Gliscor / Tentacruel / Other annoying Defensive Pokemon -- Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor -- helps with -- Conkeldurr / Mew / Breloom / Rampardos / Etc

Extremespeed can be used for picking off threats after the five turns have ended.

ya

We just had like three people in a row post a set with the EXACT same moves and nature, and two of them with the same item. Is that not redundant?

Rain Tank

Serj Tankin' (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Hurricane
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder
- Roost

Sorry, I had to drop the Serj Tankin' bomb somewhere. (For those who don't know, it's a reference to Serj Tankian, the lead singer of System of a Down.) Anyway, this set is designed to play to Dragonite's multitude of resistances. [b]Hurricane[/b] and [b]Thunder[/b] are very related moves. One's STAB, though. In either case, they form a pretty sexy coverage core and can make a mess of things in rain. See something you don't like? [b]Dragon Tail[/b] it out. Just beware of Pokemon whose abilities set off when you touch them, like Ferrothorn and Volcarona. [b]Roost [/b]puts Dragonite's health up, perhaps even back to full health where [b]Multiscale[/b], its ability, can do its job once again.