Goldeen OP

GottaLoveShuckle

Lol just doing another playthough (love this game) and I realised how amazing Goldeen is for the first Gym! You wouldn't think about it seems as its water and the Gym is a electric Gym but Goldeen gets Lightening Rod ability making it immune to all those electric attacks and actually get its special attack boosted by them! Whats even funnier is the Gym leader doesn't seem to get it and still tries to Charge beam it boosting Goldeen special attack for water pulse. Goldeen is possibly the best option for the first gym! :P

I actually used a similar tactic for this gym. Except I used Pachirisu with volt absorb and switched to a water pokemon over and over to heal Pachirisu and do some damage.

Another cool tactic! :o

This Goldeen is better though because for some reason they kept spamming electric moves on it despite it doing nothing. Best of all it let Goldeen reach +6 special attack and 1 hit everything with Water Pulse! You only need 1 Pokemon for that electric Gym and that's Goldeen!

That's just something wrong with the AI... i mean, if Julia noticed that your Goldeen doesn't take electric attacks, she should explode on your face ^^

But yeah, i never thought about those 2 when i started ^^

(But i think in episode 9 OR 10, these two abilities [Lighting Rod and Volt Absorb] weren't working, so i would be screwed anyway ^^)...