Level 100 and beyond!

Calvius

So basically, I was thinking about whether Ame will let us level our pokemon beyond the almighty level 100. It is a theory of mine, I never saw any statement from Ame or so. Here are some pro and contra points:

+ We are at level 70 with our Pokemon and still have 9 Badges to go plus we must beat the Elite 4

+ Ame promised a huge aftergame, which would maybe be boring if everyone is on level 100

- Ame wants to stay very close to the original games

- It might be difficult or even impossible to script (I don't think so but I'm really not into scripting)

What do you guys think? Any pro/ contra points which can be added here? Or a clear answer? Maybe I've missed something and Ame already confirmed/ denied it?

I personally hope so. I mean, how epic would a battle against a level 150 Arceus be? Right. Damn epic

Edited by Calvius

Ame said something like this: "Some badges might not raise the level cap". That's because she didn't knew how the level curve would go as the game goes on... The badges might raise the stats of pokemons (Like they say in the original game, remember? "Just having this badge , the speed of all your pokemon will raise")

Since she wants to stay as close as possible to the real games, i don't think our pokemons are goign over level 100...

This doesn't mean that the legendaries in the future can't be over 100... Catching a lvl 255 Dialga wouldn't be an easy task...

hey, it's Ame's game... I don't know what goes through her head...

Just like EV's. There's just a script restricting it. The main games, I think, can do this as well. I've played ROM hacks where you can go to level 255.

Sorry for going off-topic for a moment, but I'm kinda interested in which hacks that were... As far as I knew, I've played all of the completed ROM hacks by now.

I really hope we don't go over level 100. I'm kind of hoping for some funky plot twist that makes us go all team Rocket and makes us stop using our old Pokemon until after we beat the rest of the game. Though that might be a bit tough to make work, especially resyncing the box networks afterward

Sorry for going off-topic for a moment, but I'm kinda interested in which hacks that were... As far as I knew, I've played all of the completed ROM hacks by now.

I know that the game I'm playing at the moment, Pokemon Zeta, can get your Pokemon beyond level 100. My Hawlucha's nearly level 100 in it, and I just defeated the second Sigil Hall, where his strongest was level 98. I've still got a while to go before getting to the second region in it