My insane idea regarding Eevees

Destinyweaver

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put this here...

What if...I were to attempt taking on the Reborn League with a team of only the evolutions of Eevee?

COULD IT BE DONE?

I'll let you equally insane(maybe) people decide if this is a possible undertaking, and if I should attempt this.

So, Rebornians...Give me your thoughts about this little idea of mine...Should I try this? Which Eevees should I use? AM I COMPLETELY INSANE?

The floor is yours

Well, entire Eeveelution teams are not uncommon whatsoever, though admiteddly slightly underpowered. I've shore it would be a fun endeavor. Jolteon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, and Sylveon are all good. I'd say Umbreon for the last slot, makes a great Toxistaller

Espeon can be used to set up Reflect and Light Screen, Magic Bounce lets it avoid Taunts and stop entry hazards too. Jolteon and Leafeon are both good sweepers (though you could swap LEafeon for Flareon if you are really crazy) Sylveon is a great special wall. I honestly have no clue what Vaporeon is a supposed to do. I hate its design and thus have avoided it as much as possibubble

Good luck ^^

Espeon - Magic Bouncer / Calm Mind user

Umbreon - Toxic Stall / Wish

Jolteon - Volt Switcher / outspeeds Greninja for OHKO

Sylveon - Special Wall / Dragon counter

Flareon - pysical one with good SpDef

And the last one is an eviolution of your choice

Vaporeon is a far superior Wish passer compared to Umbreon.

Jolteon, Espeon and Sylveon are a given.

Guts Flareon with Flare Blitz is nothing to laugh at.

I'd probably go for Glaceon in the last slot as a bulky(-ish) special attacker.

Problem with eeveelutions is a serious lack of physical sweepers. Leafeon just doesn't cut it.

Hmm...Good to know I'm not COMPLETELY out of my mind...

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I'm probably going for Jolteon(Dat fast electric sweeper, tho), Flareon( PHYSICAL SWEEPER BWAHAHAHHAAHAH..and just to prove to those dumba**es that he's not useless>:( ), Espeon(Magic Bounce lead to fight against rocks, and as a reliable calm mind sweeper(Maybe screens, idk what's better),Sylveon(Dragon crusher/healer), Leafeon(Physical wall/ backup physical sweep), and the amazing Umbreon(With his stellar Toxic stall abilities, and maybe as a back up Wish user)

No Glaceon because Fairy is the better dragon counter

No Vaporeon because...idk really, I just prefer the restXD(Though I may need him to take on the current champs and they're shared weakness of water.....I'm still considering)

Vaporeon is a far superior Wish passer compared to Umbreon.

Jolteon, Espeon and Sylveon are a given.

Guts Flareon with Flare Blitz is nothing to laugh at.

I'd probably go for Glaceon in the last slot as a bulky(-ish) special attacker.

Problem with eeveelutions is a serious lack of physical sweepers. Leafeon just doesn't cut it.

Good points...I think Glaceon is a bit too slow...and Sylveon is a WAY better dragon counter.. And can be a bulkier special sweeper if wanted

Thinking about it...Vaporeon does has the most HP of all of them....So it WOULD have the best Wish...Maybe I'll ditch Leafeon...idk

Preach it with the Flareon, bro....Gen 6 Gave it a mighty weapon.

Leafon cuts it quite well imo. I used on last generation, never let me down. I've been wanting to run Guts Flareon, big problem is that you can't run Flame Orb over Toxic Orb, though it's not too bad if there's no Stealth Rocks, so you can reset the damage by switching

EDIT: Eh, actually, Ice is better than Fairy (if you only care typwise, stats...) A lot of dragons are Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground, and Ground and Ice types are also quite common threats. However, Glaceon is basically useless on anything that isn't a Hail team. It needs 100% accurate Blizzards or it isn't even gonna put a dent in a Magikarp. But it you run it with Choice Specs in Hail, you can usuallu OHKO anything weak to you, though Speed is still problematic of course

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Pure ice isn't good with defense with weaknesses being fire, rock, fighting, and steel, and the only resistance being ice. Though it IS true ice takes advantage of double weakness for many dragons...Many ice types whose name isn't weavile get outsped and crushed by a fire move or something, unless you're ice sharding...

Fairy, on the other hand, is weak to poison and steel, resists fighting, dark, and bug, AND is immune to dragon. Most dragons don't carry poison or steel outside of dialga(Which can't be used in the league), and dragalage...Dragons that DO carry these have them as special moves, so they don't dent the sp.def of several fairies(not being STAB and all)

Glaceon DOES have a little bit better speed, special attack, and a decently better physical defense.....Sylveon has better special defense and HP for days, making it generally bulkier, with the cost of 5 base speed and 20 base special attack.

Also, Pixilate makes Hyper Voice DEADLY, plus it has the great benefit of bypassing substitutes.

All in all...Both have their props, but Sylve is better in my opinion...

Leafeon is awesome... but Idk if I should use it....Maybe

Sylveon is way better than Glaceon. Glaceon is arguably the worst Eeveelution now that Flareon has Flare Blitz

I was simply arguing that Ice as a type is better for taking out Dragons than Fairy, even if Ice types themselves all kinda suck (Ice is a great offensive type, yet GF insists on trying to give them Defensive stats. WHY?!)

Avalugg and Mamoswine are both very good for taking out Dragons. The former crushes the largely physical realm that they seem to have, only being stopped by special Salamance and Hydreigon (the latter of which I have yet to see another person use, people really need to learn that a double weakness to Fairy doesn't actually mean it can't be used *OHKOs Mawile with Fire Blast/Earthquake*) And Mamoswine crushes with those Ice Shards (And can also outrun several slower Dragons to use Icicle Crash instead, it's not as slow as its design suggests and was on of the best Dragon killers until everyone decided Fairy was better than Ice under all circumstances)

But meh, you people can all think your Fairy types are so amazing, I shall continue to smash them with my Hydreigon (I had one week where she was literally the only Pokemon of mine to KO any Fairies at all. And for the first half of that week I didn't lose a single battle)

Hydreigon is awesome and all...I planned on using him before the eevee idea came to mind. Yes, Ice has it's perks...Yes Mammo destroys many dragons(Just ask the salamence I used before...Ice sharding jerk)...But I think Fairy is generally better due to being immune to dragon.....

Wait...I just had a strange thought...Maybe Ice is a all out offensive, fast way for tackling dragons(disregarding things like avalugg....), while Fairy is the more defensive way to counter dragons....

Food for thought...

That's the way I think about it. Only problem is the fact that offensive Ice types are so stupidly rare

I like your selection of Eevee BTW, that's pretty much what I'd be running. Espeon runs best for screens if you're using it as a lead. Though you could also Baton Pass Calm Minds to Jolteon and smash practically everything that isn't Ground

Still heavily debating Leafeon vs. Vaporeon........

Vaporeon has bigger wishes than Sylveon(allowing it to become a bulky sweeper of sorts with wish and protect freed up...), can cripple the physical attackers that threaten the rest with Scald, and is really the only thing that could hope to effectively handle fire types......

Leafeon has the best physical defense of the group, can be a decent physical sweeper with access to SD,Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, etc.....It has some good support moves too...

IDK who to choose!

Thing with Leafeon is its Sp. Def in addition to the number of weaknesses Grass has makes it annoying to use at times. And now that I think about it, Glaceon is pretty meh outside of Trick Room teams as well.

Best choice for a 6th Poke is to use a Curse + Sucker Punch/Payback Umbreon. Those things can dent if they let you set up.

Well, Vaporeon vs Leafeon you wanna go with Vaporeon, except that that drops you down on your physical again (unless you're running an offensive Umbreon I guess) Not to mention you do kinda already haver its niche filled with Sylveon

Thx for the ideas everyone...I decided to make Vaporeon as a Wish user, and make Sylveon a bulky special sweeper of sorts. I still feel as if Umbreon should be a backup wish user, but maybe I'll throw Curse/Payback on him instead of Toxic/Foul Play to cover for less physical power for not using leafeon.