Reborn League Team advice:

Sithe Fahrenkopf

Hey Everyone!

I challenged the league last season and got all the way to Amaria...before getting beaten to a pulp. Thinking about some adjustments to my team since badges are getting reset and I would love some feedback. Considering 8 or 9 different members right now.

First is Typhlosion, my right hand man. He will always be on my team.

Eruption

Flamethrower

Thunder Punch

Focus Blast

Speed boosting nature with charcoal

Milotic, probably my favorite wall behind Umbreon

Scald

Ice Beam

Recover

Toxic

Defensive build with leftovers and marvel scale most likely

Gallade, definitely my favorite fighting and psychic type

Drain Punch

Rock Slide (Good in triples and flyers)

Shadow Sneak

Leaf Blade (Really wish I had this last season)

Probably attack and special defense evs with sitrus berry, has worked well in the past

Weavile

Ice Punch

Night Slash

Brick Break

Poison Jab (New Fairy type coverage I guess)

Speed boosting nature with choice band

Jolteon, I love Jolteon, him and Umbreon are my favorite eeveelutions

Thunderbolt

Volt switch

Thunder wave (I know it seems redundant, but in situations there is an enemy faster than my other guys this has saved me)

Shadow ball

Full out speed and special attack, probably with a magnet or air balloon

Flygon, definitely my favorite dragon

Rock Slide (Good for triples and avoids ally strike like earthquake)

Dragon claw (or outrage can't decide)

Thunder Punch

(Can't remember what I was thinking for the fourth move)

Also in contention are:

Gligar (Love this little creature)

Roost

Rock Slide

Toxic

Swords Dance

Fully defensive with eviolite, could be a good physical wall

Scizor

Bug Bite

Bullet Punch

Brick Break

Swords Dance

Life orb and technician

Ninetales, my second favorite fire behind Typhlosion

Flamethrower

Calm Mind

Confuse Ray

Will o wisp

Drought with a balance of speed, special defense, and special attack evs probably.

So I'm just looking for some feed back on movesets, Pokémon combinations and the like before I adjust my trainer card for the league. Thanks everyone!

I like your team lineup! Definitely have more than enough experience facing off against this crew. For Flygon's final move you could consider Power-Up Punch, have him full Attack + Speed invested with a Speed Nature while holding a focus sash. One PUP will boost him to about 448 attack and he should be fast enough to wallop whatever comes next. I'd suggest using Pokemon Marriland's team builder to see how your Pokemon stack up as far as strengths and resistances go. No doubt you already have nice coverage, a balance between physical and special attackers, and Milotic's physical defense/Gallade's special defense. Back to Flygon, you may want to watch out for using Outrage as fairy's would get a free switch in. I know you like Gallade's sitrus berry, but if you wanted him to be a more dedicated wall while still packing a punch you could equip the Assault Vest to boost Special Defense by 50%, perfect for his already high special defense stat. Good luck assembling your team!

Not a problem! I seem to keep finding more and more uses for Assault Vest each time I turn on Pokemon Online :D I've yet to find a reasonable number of Pokemon that would appreciate Weakness Policy, I wouldn't say that any of those listed above would really appreciate it more than what they already have equipped.

Twas just skimming your topic and noticed you were considering gligar, it's seems okay to use at first but once you get into higher tier leaders like amaria/serra and other leaders that generally have more special attackers, it'll have some problems

i normally don't recommend including a poke as a full tank in league since it's primarily doubles/triples and it just can't put in to much work in those situations

I used gliscor all throughout normals league and i have to say, it did absolute crap and was almost always a burden except for like Sigmund for the first half of the battle and Titiania/Hardy/Ciel

Once i have time i'll add more suggestions!

Murdoc, Thanks, I'll definitely consider a milotic build along those lines, the extra boost to defense would be really nice for the team.

Secundum, Maybe there are better fire types than Typhlosion, but he always works well for me, and he's my favorite. Besides, I made it pretty far with him in the last season, thanks for the input though.

I'd also question Typhlosion's moveset. You've got two fire moves, and Thunder Punch which is physical, Mixed attackers are generally difficult to effectively run due to the way EVs need to be spread. I'd go with Volt Switch over Thunder Wave, personally, but it's up to you. Flygon needs Earthquake over Earth Power; again, mixed sets are hard to utilize.

Earthquake proved a problem with triple battles since some of my team doesn't like ground and doesn't have the defense, but looking at Flygons stats I think you're right about that so I think I'll adjust that. I've considered putting in extrasensory for Typhlosion but just haven't decided on it yet. Jolteon has Volt switch and the main reason I have thunder wave on there is to help the team against potential faster foes that could sweep. Its situational but it seems to work, still not sure whether to put signal beam of hp ice in there yet. Thanks a lot for the feedback!