Shade y u do dis to me :/

Feareth

So yeah Shade is really killing me at this point in time I've changed my team setup to straight type advantages and still get wiped before i can get past chandelure i need help :/ what did you guys use and if you had a starter might just leave that out cause i have typhlosion whose my fav but is useless this one gym leader is on the verge of making me quit ive grinded all new pokemon with advantages and still not enough.

i went against him with: Charizard, Gardevoir, Electabuzz, Gyarados, Scolipede and Primeape. Won easily enough (maybe it was just luck dunno), try to bring fast pokemon with you, his pokemon hit fast&hard but are fragile.

Unless Ame changed the game, Scrafty

she did change the game. you need to find the dull key in the railnet now to unlock scrafty.

As an added bonus Feareth if you can get the key there are a couple other things you might find to help you against shade. Other good poke vs Shade include houndoom, Sharpedo, murkrow and zoroark.

I beat him with Speed Boost Sharpedo. Just did the gang storyline till I am able to get it, then reset until I got an adamant Carvanha with Speed Boost. Yeah, kinda cheaty, but worth.

she did change the game. you need to find the dull key in the railnet now to unlock scrafty.

As an added bonus Feareth if you can get the key there are a couple other things you might find to help you against shade. Other good poke vs Shade include houndoom, Sharpedo, murkrow and zoroark.

Was wondering what the heck that key was for but I've been having scrafty just never used him didn't know the bastard was half dark :3 also you can can Zorua?? and i have no idea where those others are at.

Normally i just use gardevoir with calm mind to sweep him. it's kinda a pain to set up on rotom but after a couple of calm mind and parlyz heals i just confusion the hell out of everything

I don't have ralts never found the event so dont know how to get it i have Grumpig as my psychic type.

One tip I have is to save even after you lose to him. That way your Pokemon will get experience from the few of his Pokemon that you did kill, which will help your Pokemon level up to get better stats and moves. Get your Pokemon up to lv 35 as that's the max they can reach before disobeying you (or 34 if you're worried they'll level up during the battle). This is the team I eventually beat him with:

Lv 34 pachirisu (spark, swift, sweet kiss, thunder wave)

Lv 33 numel (earth power, magnitude, lava plume, flame burst)

Lv 33 gyarados (tackle, bite, dragon rage, ice fang) lv 35 during battle aqua tail replaced tackle

Lv 32 dewott (razor shell, revenge, water pulse, N/A as was a deleted HM move)

Lv 32 kadabra (psybeam, confusion, disable, miracle eye)

Lv 34 emolga (spark, pursuit, acrobatics, shock wave)

Saved after dying for experience gain. Used potions. After winning only gyarados was left alive.

One tip I have is to save even after you lose to him. That way your Pokemon will get experience from the few of his Pokemon that you did kill, which will help your Pokemon level up to get better stats and moves. Get your Pokemon up to lv 35 as that's the max they can reach before disobeying you (or 34 if you're worried they'll level up during the battle). This is the team I eventually beat him with:
Lv 34 pachirisu (spark, swift, sweet kiss, thunder wave)
Lv 33 numel (earth power, magnitude, lava plume, flame burst)
Lv 33 gyarados (tackle, bite, dragon rage, ice fang) lv 35 during battle aqua tail replaced tackle
Lv 32 dewott (razor shell, revenge, water pulse, N/A as was a deleted HM move)
Lv 32 kadabra (psybeam, confusion, disable, miracle eye)
Lv 34 emolga (spark, pursuit, acrobatics, shock wave)
Saved after dying for experience gain. Used potions. After winning only gyarados was left alive.

*facepalm* the lv. limit is 40 for god shade gym is the 4th not the 3rd

Beat magma leader went and got a shiny Zorua grinded him to a lvl 37 Zoroark got foul play and wrecked shades team one shot got to gengar got hit 2 times died from a damn burn sent gyrarados took out gengar and then used crobat to down spiritomb to whoever suggested Zorua i love you <3 he is now going to be one of my fav members of my team ^.^

Edited by Feareth

Beat magma leader went and got a shiny Zorua grinded him to a lvl 37 Zoroark got foul play and wrecked shades team one shot got to gengar got hit 2 times died from a damn burn sent gyrarados took out gengar and then used crobat to down spiritomb to whoever suggested Zorua i love you <3 he is now going to be one of my fav members of my team ^.^

Zorua will be more awesome as soon as its ability is realized