My Future Wi-Fi Team (Pokemon X)

CaptainWaber

Alright! After my sister gave me the Pokemon X game (After trying so many failed attempts to get a shiny starter -_-) I spent a lot of time checking out Wi-fi battles and checking pokemon stats. HOWEVER, I don't believe the set I have for them might not be that great and after seeing how the Pokemon Reborn community helped made my PO team powerful I thought maybe they can help this one as well and learn what I can from their advice!

Note: I put in "future" meaning that I have not IV bred or ev trained them. So if you guys think that something needs to be changed please go right ahead and tell me! I am also using the PO template which is pretty ironic but it is simple and the only one I know how to make.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash 248.png

Trait: Sandstream

EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

-Earthquake

-Stealth Rock

-Crunch/

-Stone Edge

My main purpose for this guy is place those terrifying Stealth Rocks because I am that type of guy. I would've used the Mamoswine I had in my PO team but I learned that most of his selected moveset are only obtainable in earlier gens and I just use him as a throwaway pokemon which I learn NOT to do anymore. I am honestly debating whether I should keep Crunch or Pursuit for Crunch is stronger but in Wi-fi battles smart players tend to switch their pokemon if the first one they brought out is weak against this guy.

Azumarill @ Leftovers 184.png

Trait: Huge Power

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

-Bellydrum

-Aqua Jet

-Play Rough

-Superpower

Kind of unoriginal but I did got nearly perfected IV Marills with Adamant and Huge Power from Wonder Trade and Azumarill is a force to be reckon with. I didn't feel as much to give it a speed-boosting nature or ev train it but Bellydrum with Aqua Jet is just amazing. I also placed in Superpower to take care of those pesky Steel types (I'm looking at you, Empoleon)

6.png Charizard @ Charizardite X 6-mega-x.png

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Dragon Dance

-Outrage

-Flare Blitz

-Steel Wing

Yeah I know, another Adamant... If you guys rather think it should have a speed-boosting nature then I'll happily accept it. Since I have Pokemon X and not Y, and got this stone for a fairly cheap price, Charizard X is a perfect Dragon type to fill in the slots. I got Outrage from one of the many Charmanders I got from Wonder Trade (And yet not a single one with Solar Power T_T) and another one packing Dragon Dance. I also placed in Steel Wing as a pretty decent cover move.

Gengar @ Life Orb 94.png

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

-Shadow Ball

-Sludge Wave

-Giga Drain/Energy Ball

-Psychic

RIP Mega Gengar... ANY WHO, I won't be really needing its Mega evolution so now here's the special attacker of the team! Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave is pretty decent for its moveset. Psychic would be great to take out those fighting types and other poison types, and quite possibly another Gengar. Giga Drain is great to have to balance out the Life Orb's effect but Energy Ball can deal more damage so it's debatable.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf 462.png

Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

-Volt Switch

-Flash Cannon

-Hidden Power (Fire)

-???

Another special attacker of the team. I personally never really used Magnezone but he is pretty beast. With him as a Steel type, Tyranitar's sandstream won't be a bother to him and with his Magnet Pull and Hidden Power (Fire) combination I can put the pain on Steel types. As of now I have no idea what to put for the fourth slot.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon 530.png

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sdef / 252 Spd

-Sword Dance

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

-Rapid Spin

And last but certainly not least... this guy. He really shines when paired up with Tyranitar's ability giving him AWESOME speed boost! Air Balloon gives him the time to use Rapid Spin to clear out any bothering debris or possibly get a free Sword Dance if he was switched in against a Ground type.

If you guys have any suggestions or critiques, please share them.

Edited by CaptainWaber

Unaware Quagsire will be your bane, as only gengar can take it out. If you see one in the preview, try sneaking gengar on an expected earthquake, and then gigadrain. Because gigadrain is so uncommon on gengar, it will be a great opportunity to through someone off guard. Looks like this team can plow through most mons, but just play smart around quagsire. Also belly drum on Azmueral is very risky, as both Greninja and Talon flame can revenge kill it. This is a good team, and can do much if played well. I know it seems dumb to try to tell you how to play your team, but I know how to deal with this stuff, and other people do too, so just try to play around your weaknesses, and victory will be yours.

To answer your question about pursuit or crunch on T-Tar, I say keep Crunch. I personally run both on my main Tyranitar, which is fully invested Sp. Def, but I find that Crunch covers more ground as where Pursuit is more situational and takes more prediction than Crunch. But its really up to play style and preference.