A New Game and a New Style of Play

Anthalt

Hey Everyone! I’m Anthalt and while I’ve been playing Pokemon since the launch of Pokemon Red, I’m still pretty new to Pokemon Reborn. That said I absolutely love it and definitely have to tip my hat to Amethyst for creating such an in depth and enjoyable game up to this point so far (Can’t wait to play more of the story)! After watching Shofu’s play through on Youtube, I downloaded the game and it was basically all I did over my winter holiday and I even managed to get all my friends playing it so that we could compare notes and compete at trying to build the strongest teams.

I took my entry into this new and far more challenging game world as a chance to jump in to the more competitive side of pokemon battles. I had never done so before, but it seemed pretty clear to me that if I wanted to progress past Florinia at the second gym I was going to need to play a little differently than an 8 year old spamming earthquakes (ironically that’s basically what my Flygon does anyways...). Since that point I’ve been carefully raising pokemon, sifting through piles of eggs to find just the right ones, and EV leveling everything with painstaking pen and paper accuracy. It’s been a really tough go and I realize my team is still a long way from perfect, but the improvements have been huge and there’s definitely something thrilling about creating that perfectly unkillable god monster (like an Arcanine capable of going toe to toe with a Garchomp twice its level, or a Flygon clearing out an entire factory full of bad guys singlehanded).

As it stands, my team will likely shape up to look a bit like this by the time I reach the end of chapter 10

Pokemonteam_zps0df95e08.png

With the Arcanine, Flygon, Venesaur, and Forretress already EV leveled and performing at their full potential, and the Reunicluss and Blissey still on the way.

Welcome, You'll get the hang of creating teams and strategies. If you run a full competitive team, you won't have too much trouble beating gym leaders either. I don't run a competitive team and I've had no trouble beating leaders.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) The team has been having it's ups and downs. I've just reached Serra and typically find myself getting swept pretty consistently. Guess it's back to grinding some more. I tried a sunny day fire team against her, but the weather seemed to get kind of wacky (the sunlight was strong, but all the snow veil pokemon still got their increased dodge chance).