How do I pull old save data to go back to certain points in the game?

HoplashTheGuy

2 hours ago, HoplashTheGuy said:

I wanna go back to the end of the blacksteeple arc, how do I pull old save data??

Uhhh,,, not quite sure if I know what you mean, but... If you have a save in your "Rejuv" save file, that you know you made in blacksteeple, you can change that to your new Game.rx file by deleting the original, and naming it "Game.rxdata" or "Game_3.rxdata" yk? I don't know what happens if you're much farther in the game, and you load a file from MUCH further back, and then try to go back to a newer file instead, so... That's the best I think your question can be answered rn.

40 minutes ago, comcart said:

Uhhh,,, not quite sure if I know what you mean, but... If you have a save in your "Rejuv" save file, that you know you made in blacksteeple, you can change that to your new Game.rx file by deleting the original, and naming it "Game.rxdata" or "Game_3.rxdata" yk? I don't know what happens if you're much farther in the game, and you load a file from MUCH further back, and then try to go back to a newer file instead, so... That's the best I think your question can be answered rn.

thx man, so do I just delete all the data past what I want? Or just the current data?

18 minutes ago, HoplashTheGuy said:

thx man, so do I just delete all the data past what I want? Or just the current data?

the only file you delete, is the original file named "Game.rxdata" bc that holds the data for your most r e c e n t save. when you want to name a different save, like for example, go from when you had 2 badges, down to 1, and say the file where you have 2 badges is your current "Game.rxdata" save, you delete that, and rename the file that has 1 badge, "Game.rxdata" instead, so that the game recognizes and refers to that as your new "most recent" save, and you can play on from there. If you want to go from a file with 3 badges, to 1, and you skip over all those saves where you had two badges, and don't plan on returning to those, I suppose deleting them for the sake of a clean, clear save file wouldn't be a bad idea. I did that once, where I skipped over some other saves to go back to a different past save, and left the other files there, and it sorta messed with how the game saved my files. Not in a bad way, it just made it confusing to find the most recent file, regardless... Just delete the OG "Game.rxdata" save file, or else the game will always refer to that as your most recent save, and try to load that.

22 hours ago, comcart said:

the only file you delete, is the original file named "Game.rxdata" bc that holds the data for your most r e c e n t save. when you want to name a different save, like for example, go from when you had 2 badges, down to 1, and say the file where you have 2 badges is your current "Game.rxdata" save, you delete that, and rename the file that has 1 badge, "Game.rxdata" instead, so that the game recognizes and refers to that as your new "most recent" save, and you can play on from there. If you want to go from a file with 3 badges, to 1, and you skip over all those saves where you had two badges, and don't plan on returning to those, I suppose deleting them for the sake of a clean, clear save file wouldn't be a bad idea. I did that once, where I skipped over some other saves to go back to a different past save, and left the other files there, and it sorta messed with how the game saved my files. Not in a bad way, it just made it confusing to find the most recent file, regardless... Just delete the OG "Game.rxdata" save file, or else the game will always refer to that as your most recent save, and try to load that.

I'm on v13, not 13.5, if that matters. I don't see any files saying Game.rxdata, do I delete LastSave.dat??

47 minutes ago, HoplashTheGuy said:

I'm on v13, not 13.5, if that matters. I don't see any files saying Game.rxdata, do I delete LastSave.dat??

ohhh... Hmm... I don't think that should change anything? If you open the Save File Shortcut folder in v13, and scroll to the bottom, right above the LastSave.dat, there s h o u l d be a file named "Game.rxdata" "Game_2.rxdata" or "Game_3.rxdata" and so on for how many different save files you have in the game, so if you have 3 different playthroughs, the third playthrough would be connected to Game_3.rxdata, and so on. I don't think you should be deleting LastSave.dat, because when I was moving through different save files in v13, I never had to do that.

22 hours ago, comcart said:

ohhh... Hmm... I don't think that should change anything? If you open the Save File Shortcut folder in v13, and scroll to the bottom, right above the LastSave.dat, there s h o u l d be a file named "Game.rxdata" "Game_2.rxdata" or "Game_3.rxdata" and so on for how many different save files you have in the game, so if you have 3 different playthroughs, the third playthrough would be connected to Game_3.rxdata, and so on. I don't think you should be deleting LastSave.dat, because when I was moving through different save files in v13, I never had to do that.

thx man, I figured it out.