Low Catching Rates

Sir Galahad

Now I'm sure many of us had the same problem, but, is there a way to catch low-rate pokemon faster? (Blipbug, Meditite and such) I'm asking because I tried for hours, HOURS, just t get one of them and nothing.

Any kind of help and/or hint is apreciated (Mods, an object in the game, etc.).

Edited by Sir Galahad

5 hours ago, Sir Galahad said:

Now I'm sure many of us had the same problem, but, is there a way to catch low-rate pokemon faster? (Blipbug, Meditite and such) I'm asking because I tried for hours, HOURS, just t get one of them and nothing.

Any kind of help and/or hint is apreciated (Mods, an object in the game, etc.).

unless the rates were altered i dont see why it would cause you to take hours on end to catch the likes of blipbug and meditite as the former has a roughly 43% catch rate and meditite has a catch rate of roughly 33%................ blipbug especially since if im not mistaken you can get net balls relatively easily to increase said catch rate, but unsure with meditite as there isnt a specific ball to boost its catch rate unless ur finding it at night or in a cave or something then dusk balls would help

overall there's no reason u should be having such low success chances for them, let alone taking hours

15 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

unless the rates were altered i dont see why it would cause you to take hours on end to catch the likes of blipbug and meditite as the former has a roughly 43% catch rate and meditite has a catch rate of roughly 33%................ blipbug especially since if im not mistaken you can get net balls relatively easily to increase said catch rate, but unsure with meditite as there isnt a specific ball to boost its catch rate unless ur finding it at night or in a cave or something then dusk balls would help

overall there's no reason u should be having such low success chances for them, let alone taking hours

I'm talking about how RARE is to find them... 2 hours trying to find a Blipbug and nothing!!

Best way to find some rare Pokemon is through repel manipulation. For Blipbug your best bet is a level 61 Pokemon in the lead slot, probably something with Illuminate to boost encounter rates, and bring a lot of repels. Brings your odds to three Pokemon you can encounter instead of nine.