trying to play pokemon reborn first time with charizard from start to finish no breeding help and advice please

I'm going to play Pokemon Reborn for the first time, and I wonder if I can beat the game with Charizard as my starter without breeding. I know this is stupid, but for me, the starter is important. So could someone tell me how I could do it I am a casual Pokemon player, and I know this game is hard, and I want to beat it without the use of passwords. Help and advice would be appreciated

I don't care if I have to soft reset a lot of times to get a good nature and the best IVS I can get. I was thinking of going with a Charizard with a timid or modest nature with EV in 6 hp/252 s.atk/252 spd. moves: heat wave,air slams, sunny day, and solar beam. Regarding the helm item, I don't know if charcoal,life orbs, or wise glasses if are available in the game. Could you help me with the teammates?

Gonna give you a wall of text here XD

The game can definitely be beaten with any starter, some may be harder than others if you are dedicated to always keeping them in your party, but it can definitely be done.

Mega charizard X is one of the earliest mega stones you can get (Though still a decent ways into the game) so definitely recommend using that as soon as you can. If you where to look char x up on smogon it would tell you its a physical attacker, but you don't need to pay attention to that if you want to use special attacks, its still a good special attacker, and most of its physical moves are learned through TMs that are obtained late game, so play it physical or special, however you want.

A lot of the time in Reborn you are going to be switching up your team a lot based on who you are fighting at the time, especially your first time playing, you aren't really going to have a one and done team.

That said, there are some things to pay attention to to have a well rounded team.

There are two primary defensive cores where having one pokemon of each type gives you a way to resist pretty much everything in the game and switching in and out to take any attack, Water Fire Grass is one, and the other is Dragon Fairy Steel.

On the offensive side is something called 'bolt beam' which is thunderbolt ice beam. Really what it is referring to is the combination of electric and ice typing, these two typing can hit pretty much every single pokemon for at least neutral damage.

So a strong 'general use' team could look like your charizard with a dragon, fairy, steel, ice and electric type. Or Charizard with a grass, water, ice, and electric type, with an open slot that could be filled by a ground type to get electric immunity.

All that said, early game you pretty much just have to use whatever you can get your hands on. There is a mystery egg you can get, not gonna give spoilers unless you want them, it is missable, but there is a chance to get a couple extremely strong pokemon from it very early in the game, and you can pretty much build your team around that if you get one of the good ones.

16 hours ago, FerrousOxide said:

Gonna give you a wall of text here XD

The game can definitely be beaten with any starter, some may be harder than others if you are dedicated to always keeping them in your party, but it can definitely be done.

Mega charizard X is one of the earliest mega stones you can get (Though still a decent ways into the game) so definitely recommend using that as soon as you can. If you where to look char x up on smogon it would tell you its a physical attacker, but you don't need to pay attention to that if you want to use special attacks, its still a good special attacker, and most of its physical moves are learned through TMs that are obtained late game, so play it physical or special, however you want.

A lot of the time in Reborn you are going to be switching up your team a lot based on who you are fighting at the time, especially your first time playing, you aren't really going to have a one and done team.

That said, there are some things to pay attention to to have a well rounded team.

There are two primary defensive cores where having one pokemon of each type gives you a way to resist pretty much everything in the game and switching in and out to take any attack, Water Fire Grass is one, and the other is Dragon Fairy Steel.

On the offensive side is something called 'bolt beam' which is thunderbolt ice beam. Really what it is referring to is the combination of electric and ice typing, these two typing can hit pretty much every single pokemon for at least neutral damage.

So a strong 'general use' team could look like your charizard with a dragon, fairy, steel, ice and electric type. Or Charizard with a grass, water, ice, and electric type, with an open slot that could be filled by a ground type to get electric immunity.

All that said, early game you pretty much just have to use whatever you can get your hands on. There is a mystery egg you can get, not gonna give spoilers unless you want them, it is missable, but there is a chance to get a couple extremely strong pokemon from it very early in the game, and you can pretty much build your team around that if you get one of the good ones.

I was thinking of a team of Charizard, Roserade, Ampharos, Excadrill, Silveon, or Gardevoir, and the six slots, which I am still thinking of.

So big thing, like I said, you aren't going to have a one and done team in Reborn, you absolutely need to switch out members of your team depending on the fight. By the end of the game I typically have about a full box and a half of fully trained pokemon that I swap in and out.

That said if you add a water type, or a dragon type to that team as your sixth slot, its not a bad general use team that you can use for the basic fights between each of the gym leaders or major story fights.

I would switch ampharos, it is disappointingly bad unfortunately, its just way too slow without the defensive stats needed to stay alive.

Something that can help is if you go to smogon and use the 'SM' (sun and moon) tiering to see what kinds of pokemon are considered good and how you should EV them.

Since Smogon is based on competitive play its not going to be the final word on what is good in Reborn, but it can definitely help get you going in the right direction.