Chess gym puzzle help

ApatheticPanda

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necroing this thread but I have to express my frustration. This "chess" challenge is probably the worst puzzle this game has to offer, which is surprising to me considering I enjoyed the other puzzles thoroughly.

The reasons this puzzle is bad and in my opinion must be replaced with something else are as folllows:

1) The most glaring con of this challenge is the obvious fact that if someone does not know of chess, will be forced to look an online guide and get to the solution that way. Lets not kid ourselves, if you know nothing of chess you are NOT going to read everything about chess pieces and learn how they move etc just to get through this puzzle. Which brings me to my second point...

2) While I personaly know how to play chess and have a good amount of practice on it, most of my struggles with this puzzle were due to its mechanics. They way we can controll each piece is bad, unintuitive and got me frustrated more than Taka's Chatot, which says a lot by the way. I could see the solution but I could not for the love of god move the pieces to the correct place, even if I tried to use legal chess moves. Oh and pieces behind knights are completely hidden by the way.

I don't know if all this is caused by the general mechanics of this game or it is just a half assed challenge desing with very bad quality.

Either way, to conclude, I would suggest that this whole "chess" puzzle is changed to something more in line with the exellent quality of the rest of the game and something that interests a wider range of players.

My regards