Possible Bug with Quest Completion?

Joram

I *might* be experiencing a bug where quests aren't completing when the completion goals are met (e.g. handing in a missing item/pokemon) and have now ended up in an infinite loop at the end of Ryder's infiltration quest (he keeps walking through me after the initial round of dialogue and starting over ad infinitum until he gets far enough away that the dialogue freezes).

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a known solution?

If not, is there a list of flags for quest completion? I'd like to fix the problem myself, as I know using debug isn't supported and might somehow have been responsible, though I don't *think* I've done anything that would cause such issues, as I can say for certain that I've not skipped any quest triggers by walking through walls (learned that lesson playing Reborn).

• Global Mods

If it highly likely that debug caused this, but feel free to send me your save and I can have a look into it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
8 hours ago, Joram said:

Apologies for the ping, but have you had any luck, @Posty?

Apologies for the delay on looking into this, been busy.

The reason why this is happening is due to you debugging, essentially, you have 999 credits in your bag due to debugging them in, and the quest is unable to give you the 5 credits at the end since you are already at the maximum allowed, hence the event repeating itself. This is strictly why we ask people not to debug like so, cause these sort of bugs occur. Throw out some credits and you'll be good to go.

On 4/2/2023 at 8:23 PM, Posty said:

Apologies for the delay on looking into this, been busy.

The reason why this is happening is due to you debugging, essentially, you have 999 credits in your bag due to debugging them in, and the quest is unable to give you the 5 credits at the end since you are already at the maximum allowed, hence the event repeating itself. This is strictly why we ask people not to debug like so, cause these sort of bugs occur. Throw out some credits and you'll be good to go.

Ah, duh. I wouldn't have figured the limit was sub-1k, thanks.

Apologies for the relatively stupid mistake.

EDIT: Presumably this is also the cause for the *other* quests not turning in, too?

EDIT 2: It would appear so. **Thank you again, it's appreciated**

Edited by Joram

• Global Mods
On 4/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, Joram said:

Ah, duh. I wouldn't have figured the limit was sub-1k, thanks.

Apologies for the relatively stupid mistake.

EDIT: Presumably this is also the cause for the *other* quests not turning in, too?

EDIT 2: It would appear so. **Thank you again, it's appreciated**

Any quest that gives you items when your bag is already at the max it can hold of said item will repeat the event. For example, if you have 999 Pokeballs and pick one up off the ground, it'll stay on the ground. People believed this was an "infinite" glitch, but they didnt realise that they debugged in the max number you can hold of said item. There are ways to sort this out manually in the events, but its a waste of our time to do that. Credits is something we'll look at adjusting for EP7 since with the farmable Fight Club now, I'm sure people will be at maxed Credits soon enough anyways.

23 hours ago, Posty said:

...since with the farmable Fight Club now, I'm sure people will be at maxed Credits soon enough anyways.

Would it be feasible to do a Coin Case-type key item, if it's not readily doable to implement a second 'currency'?

I had noticed weirdness with itemball pickups not despawning, but wouldn't have thought that it was due to the max item limit. I forget that RPGM has that, as mainline Pokemon games let you have multiple stacks and this game is so well-made I forget it's done in RPGM.

Once again, thank you for the help, especially given the policy with regards to debug use.