It's been 2 years since the end of a war with Hoenn. The Parthenia region has nearly finished reconstruction, and the region is slowly returning back to its normal routine. The region of Parthenia is returning to its more industrial ways, being the major exporter of construction materials and Potions to the other regions of the world. However, it seems no one really knows how the war ended. Some believe Parthenia was beaten but Hoenn left the Parthenians with their dignity to allow for more peaceful reconstruction. But the government has made no confirmation of anything.

However, you are just a student at the Pokémon Institute. And your path to graduation is to take on the Gym challenge in Parthenia. This Gym challenge is unlike many others, in that it chooses to adopt different strategies instead of adopting type themes. Along the way, you'll encounter the different military branches, as well as the military science groups that have developed Pokémon that were modified for war. And since you happen to start your adventure right as the Professor runs out of starters, you get to choose one of the Wartime Pokémon as your starter! Get ready to explore Parthenia and see what all kinds of Pokémon were modified for war, learn the story behind the Parthenia-Hoenn war, and find out what the secret Militia group is scheming as you travel to defeat the Gym challenge.

MAJOR UPDATE:

The game is complete through the main story! And now an expansive post-game has been added!

New Features in this game:

Warning: this game is meant to be difficult. It was intended to be played as a hard-core nuzlocke, and the lowest difficulty available still prevents item use in battle.

New Mega Evolutions
Wartime forms for Pokémon
New type: Cosmic - a typing discovered in Parthenia after the government attempted to expand to outer space to gain a military advantage.
New abilities and moves
All Pokémon up through Scarlet and Violet are now available! Post-game provides access to most of the Gen 9 Pokémon!
Updates to old Pokémon's typings, abilities and stats to make some less desirable Pokémon better, allowing for versatility in teams.
A stronger AI designed to make the Gym challenge an actual challenge
A few new weathers: Eclipse, Windy, Sleet, and Starstorm, as well as updating Storm and Fog to match Sword and Shield mechanics and Snow to match Scarlet and Violet!
HM Catalogue - no more HM Items or HM Slaves. Just have the move registered to your Catalogue and you can use it outside battle!
Changed Freeze to Frostbite to match with Legends: Arceus mechanics
EBDX with many custom move animations and some custom battle backgrounds
================
DOWNLOAD LINK
================
MediaFire Link
NOTE ABOUT THIS LAUNCHER:
This Launcher, by default, installs to your C: drive. If you choose to install elsewhere, ONLY USE THE SHORTCUT PLACED ON YOUR DESKTOP TO LAUNCH THE GAME! Anything else will likely launch something different, and until I can make a new launcher, this is just the easiest method to ensure you're playing the correct game.
================
Join the Discord linked here to download the latest version as patches will also be released as soon as they are completed, while updates will be more timed. So please come enjoy the Parthenia region!

Discord link: https://discord.gg/mTEkbDn6bu

Documentation

==========================
CREDITS
==========================

Spoiler

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14, Rataime, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J., and everyone else who helped out

Plug-ins:
Marin
Maruno
Luka-SJ
Golisopod User
Voltseon
Boonzeet
Nuri Yuri
Mej 71
derFischae
Carmaniac
Avery
Kleinstudio

Ekat & Idilio- tilesets

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, aR0y2810, Katten

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
Caruban, CarmaNekko, AxelLoquendo, Cesare_Cbass, MBCMechachu, Vent

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:

Azria (Greavard)

DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc (Legend Plate, Linking Cord, Hopo Berry, Blank Plate)
-3DJackArt (Hisuian apricorn, poke balls, Black Augurite, Peat Block)
-Caruban (Adamant Crystal, Griseous Core, Lustrous Globe)

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet (Wyrdeer, H Growlithe)
-DarkusShadow (H Qwilfish, H Decidueye, Kleavor, H Typhlosion, Overqwil, H Liligant, Enamorus (AF and TF), H Sneasel, Sneaseler, H Basculin, H Avalugg, Dialga O, Palkia O, H Voltorb, H Electrode, Ursaluna, H Sliggoo, H Goodra, H Zorua, H Zoroark)
-princess-phoenix (H Sliggo,H Goodra,H Avalugg,H Decidueye)
-Ezeart (H Braviary, Basculegion)
-Wolfang62 (Samurott)

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
http://(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Phantombass - art, all other scripts and plug-ins not mentioned, mapping, events

ThatWelshOne_ - feedback, etc., and the Quest UI

Screenshot_20221215_023710.png

Screenshot_20221215_025944.png

Stream Thumbnail.png

MUDKIP2.png

TORCHIC2.png

TREECKO2.png

Looks amazing, and a challenge might be good. Personally, I am fairly knowledgeable on typings, so the unqiue variants, types, or pokemon might add something more. Furthermore, something to encourage me not using a set team might make things more interesting- at least it will encourage examining most Pokemon to see what best fits my style.

I might check it out (when I have time). I have just one question- what about bagon? Can it be caught, and if so, where and how?

49 minutes ago, flamesear said:

Looks amazing, and a challenge might be good. Personally, I am fairly knowledgeable on typings, so the unqiue variants, types, or pokemon might add something more. Furthermore, something to encourage me not using a set team might make things more interesting- at least it will encourage examining most Pokemon to see what best fits my style.

I might check it out (when I have time). I have just one question- what about bagon? Can it be caught, and if so, where and how?

Bagon is available and very early too :]

7 hours ago, flamesear said:

Found a bug against the first gym trainer, with chimcou as the last remaining pokemon:

image.thumb.png.a56a2ce9e55025b0f4e1fa8a3b856147.png

For some reason, they did not show back up after using volt switch.

Some of the switching moves have a bug in the animation. Same thing with Substitute. Also you can speed up by pressing Q

Anyway, pretty solid, and definitely quite hard. Especially for a player who operates on speed and damage. That did not work so well on a fast gym with constant swapping...I eventually just defeated the gym leader.

I noticed that it does not take an average or median level, when scaling- it takes the highest level of your team. This is so people do not take low level team members to artificially lower the difficulty of battles, I presume.

There's one thing I noticed that I liked. There are grind reducing options, such as manually changing EVs, IVs, abilities, and natures, or triggering an evolution you missed (if conditions are met for the evolution). It's also nice to have the option to start out knowing where all available Pokemon can be found, and even ensuring an encounter of one available in the area (with an egg move???). There's classic modes, like the original, with the three difficulties (normal, hard, extreme), nuzlocks (ironman), randomizers, and one more (I forgot which that one was...)

The first few areas, however, I feel are slower paced and relatively easy, which does make sense to introduce players to the style. Unlike in the first gym or second route, the trainer AIs in the first town are awful.

One additional nice thing is the number of pokemon available early on. Some areas have 12 encounters, others 4, others 9, and various typings are covered early on. So far, each town and route has mostly different Pokemon, too. Just remember one thing, if anyone else plays; The only useful healing items in battle are berries and other holdable edible items.

Also, as a note, I think you have the cycles for berry growth far too low, or some other issue. It rapidly swaps between cycles on berry trees.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...