Possibly editing stats?

dellonabell

On 3/3/2023 at 11:03 PM, dellonabell said:

Howdy, Mod Market. I’m curious if there’s a way to mod the game to edit the base stats or types of a pokemon to buff it? Thanks.

Editing Pokemon directly is a bit tedious, as you have to get the PBS files, edit them and then compile. An easier way is to add a new form for the Pokemon in the MultipleForms.rb script (it's easy to figure out by looking at the other examples there), but you will need Debug to access the forms in-game

On 3/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, Karvanha said:

Editing Pokemon directly is a bit tedious, as you have to get the PBS files, edit them and then compile. An easier way is to add a new form for the Pokemon in the MultipleForms.rb script (it's easy to figure out by looking at the other examples there), but you will need Debug to access the forms in-game

Hi! How exactly do you compile the game files? I booted the game in debug mode but it only shows Compile Text, Compile Trainers, Compile Items, Compile Moves, Compile Data (No Maps) and Compile Data. And every time I hit compile data the game crashes. 

3 hours ago, PetiteSnowman said:

Hi! How exactly do you compile the game files? I booted the game in debug mode but it only shows Compile Text, Compile Trainers, Compile Items, Compile Moves, Compile Data (No Maps) and Compile Data. And every time I hit compile data the game crashes. 

You need to put the PBS folder inside your game folder before you select one of those options

10 hours ago, PetiteSnowman said:

I put the PBS folder in the game folder and it's still still crashing whenever I hit compile data.

Does the PBS folder contain all the files that it came with? And are you sure you're using the correct game's PBS? If yes, you should share the error message you're gettiing

Just now, Karvanha said:

Does the PBS folder contain all the files that it came with? And are you sure you're using the correct game's PBS? If yes, you should share the error message you're gettiing

Yes, I used the newest Rejuvination's PBS files. I downloaded both the game and the PBS files from this site. And here's the error log: 

[Rejuv 13.0.4]
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/types.txt, line 1
# See the documentation on the wiki to learn how to edit this file.

Compiler:2151:in `block in pbCompileTypes'
Compiler:595:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:589:in `each_line'
Compiler:589:in `block in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:586:in `open'
Compiler:586:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:2136:in `pbCompileTypes'
Compiler:3903:in `pbCompileAllData'
PokemonDebug:817:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:301:in `loop'

Edited by PetiteSnowman

5 hours ago, PetiteSnowman said:

Yes, I used the newest Rejuvination's PBS files. I downloaded both the game and the PBS files from this site. And here's the error log: 

[Rejuv 13.0.4]
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/types.txt, line 1
# See the documentation on the wiki to learn how to edit this file.

Compiler:2151:in `block in pbCompileTypes'
Compiler:595:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:589:in `each_line'
Compiler:589:in `block in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:586:in `open'
Compiler:586:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:2136:in `pbCompileTypes'
Compiler:3903:in `pbCompileAllData'
PokemonDebug:817:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:301:in `loop'

Yeah, Rejuvenation's compiler at the moment is really bad and scuffed. If you have discord, I can send you my types.txt file to replace in your PBS folder if that's the only file with issues. I remember I had this problem with metadata.txt before I replaced it with the PBS files downloaded from this site, so I'm not sure what's wrong with yours.

8 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

Yeah, Rejuvenation's compiler at the moment is really bad and scuffed. If you have discord, I can send you my types.txt file to replace in your PBS folder if that's the only file with issues. I remember I had this problem with metadata.txt before I replaced it with the PBS files downloaded from this site, so I'm not sure what's wrong with yours.

Yes I do have Discord. It has the same name and pfp as this account. I just posted about my issue in the Rejuv mods section.