Text to speech for Reborn?

Gamulation

Hi.

I have no idea if this is the right topic to post this in, if not please let me know and remove it.

I've come to ask if something is possible. Is it possible to ad text to speech to Pokémon Reborn? This would allow blind and low vision players to read text and options without having to guess where everything is.

As a blind player I can say that this is very frustrating. Now. I have no idea about the limits of RPGMaker XP, but I thought it would be best to ask and if it's not possible then that's perfectly understandable, as this is not the most modern thing in the world.

I was wondering if it could be possible to get speech via this: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/tree/master/extras/controllerClient

This would let our speech program interact with the application and get text to then speak out loud. Again I have no idea if this is even possible. Would anyone be able to test to see if this is possible?

Thanks for reading and have a still awesome day!

• Administrators

Hi there! I'm impressed you're still trying! I wish we could have done more before the release, but hopefully the left/right hit sounds are working better for you now.

I passed this onto the team, and it sounds like while it's theoretically possible, it might be a little out of reach for the time being in terms of the difficulty of the integration vs other priorities. I'll keep this in mind though in case that changes in the future. Or perhaps someone in the community again can work on it as a mod?