Devastating Bug

AverageJJbaEnjoyer

Yesterday I encountered an absolutely terrible bug that has possibly prevented me from ever playing Reborn again, and I don't know what to do. Last night, I was playing the game when suddenly my pc froze. This isn't an uncommon event for me, and has happened on a couple prior occasions while playing this fan game. I restarted my pc, which is usually my go-to solution for sudden freezes. When that happens, the game deletes my configs, and my save files go unharmed. But this time, I received a message that my save files where corrupted. Thankfully, I have several backups kept in a different folder, so I wasn't all that concerned. I tried opening the game anyway just to see, and got an error message resulting in an immediate crash. After that, I deleted all of the save files in my saved games folder and replaced them with my backups. However, when I tried to open the game again, I got the same error message. I tried removing my mods folder, but still, an error occurred on startup. It may be important to note that I was playing using Fervis' eeveelution mod. I was getting frustrated, so I deleted the game entirely and instead downloaded vanilla reborn ep19, but upon starting up this entirely new game, I got the same error message. Somehow, this "bug" transcended from my old file to my brand new file, and I couldn't resolve it. I tried clearing everything from my saved games folder, but still the same error message. I tried installing different, modded versions of the game, but still more crashes. I don't know what to do. It's as if my computer is now completely incapable of running this game. If someone can help me resolve this issue, that would be incredible. I love this game, and I don't want to have to powerwash my pc in order to play it again. Thanks. (I forgot to take a photo of the error, but I will later. For now, I'm trying to avoid thinking about Reborn.)

Here is the error message:

Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonSystem:33:in 'pbSetUpSystem'

idk:56 in 'startup'

Main:1:in 'block in <main>'

script yeetifier pro:307: in 'eval'

script yeetifier pro:307: in 'block in <main>'

script yeetifier pro:303: in 'each'

script yeetifier pro:303: in 'each_with_index'

script yeetifier pro:303: in '<main>'

-e:in 'eval'

• Global Mods
45 minutes ago, AverageJJbaEnjoyer said:

Yesterday I encountered an absolutely terrible bug that has possibly prevented me from ever playing Reborn again, and I don't know what to do. Last night, I was playing the game when suddenly my pc froze. This isn't an uncommon event for me, and has happened on a couple prior occasions while playing this fan game. I restarted my pc, which is usually my go-to solution for sudden freezes. When that happens, the game deletes my configs, and my save files go unharmed. But this time, I received a message that my save files where corrupted. Thankfully, I have several backups kept in a different folder, so I wasn't all that concerned. I tried opening the game anyway just to see, and got an error message resulting in an immediate crash. After that, I deleted all of the save files in my saved games folder and replaced them with my backups. However, when I tried to open the game again, I got the same error message. I tried removing my mods folder, but still, an error occurred on startup. It may be important to note that I was playing using Fervis' eeveelution mod. I was getting frustrated, so I deleted the game entirely and instead downloaded vanilla reborn ep19, but upon starting up this entirely new game, I got the same error message. Somehow, this "bug" transcended from my old file to my brand new file, and I couldn't resolve it. I tried clearing everything from my saved games folder, but still the same error message. I tried installing different, modded versions of the game, but still more crashes. I don't know what to do. It's as if my computer is now completely incapable of running this game. If someone can help me resolve this issue, that would be incredible. I love this game, and I don't want to have to powerwash my pc in order to play it again. Thanks. (I forgot to take a photo of the error, but I will later. For now, I'm trying to avoid thinking about Reborn.)

Corrupted save file. Load an old one.