Need help defeating Blake

PokeProf.Ishan

So, I have been trying to defeat Blake for a long time and all of my strata have failed.

I decided to not change my team cuz changing team every battle seems kinda disrespectful. Here's my team. I've got pretty low iv Pokemon so maybe that's also a problem. Edit: They are all Lvl 75.

Gligar/ Ground, Flying

Jolly

252 Attack , 252 Speed

Acrobatics

U turn

Sky Uppercut

Swords Dance

Houndoom/ Fire, Dark

Timid

252 Speed , 252 Special Attack

Flamethrower 

Dark pulse

Sucker punch 

Nasty plot

Rotom/ Electric, Ghost

Timid

252 Special Attack, 252 Speed

Discharge

Hex

Dark pulse

Uproar

Empoleon/ Water, Steel

Modest

252 Special Attack , 252 HP

Drill peck

Aqua jet

Metal claw

Hydro pump

Dragalge/ Dragon, Poison

Modest

252 Special Attack, 252 HP

Dragon Pulse

Hydro pump

Toxic

Sludge wave

Medicham/ Psychic, Fighting

Jolly

252 Attack , 252 Speed

High Jump Kick

Zen Headbutt

Bullet punch

Accupressure

Please help.

Edited by PokeProf.Ishan

Gligar is a dead weight, and even if it was a Gliscor (and... I don't know why it isn't by now...), because all of Blake's Pokemon carry Ice and Water attacks; except Sandslash but its' Rock Slide on Snowy Mountain field is Rock-Ice, which means x4 damage to Gligar. You would want to teach it Tailwind... but the move tutor is in New Reborn City, bummer...

Looking at your team, your best deal would be to teach Houndoom Heat Wave to change the Field to Mountain, because on it, Blake has a massive advantage with Mamoswine's Snow Cloak, Walrein's Ice Body and Sandslash's Slush Rush active... but the move tutor is in New Reborn City, because of course they are...

If you have bought the Data Chip from the 7th Street, you can change Rotom's form in Ametrine, but if not, welp... I'm not saying normal Rotom is bad, but other forms would be better for that fight.

Those calculations are made assuming all your Pokemon have 0 IVs in all stats - if you have more, good for you. 

From what I've known, Blake tends to lead with Gyarados and Mamoswine, so levitating Rotom would be a very good choice. But the partner for it... All of your team members are either Physical attackers, or weak to Ground, so automatically they will be either weakened, or at the risk of taking big damage. You could send Rotom with Houndoom to bait Earthquake, then switch it to Gligar so both Pokémon will take no damage. Also, Rotom should outspeed and OHKO Gyarados with Discharge, with Gligar taking no damage.

I predict Weavile being next because it has STAB to take out BOTH of your own Pokémon, so switch Rotom for Medicham or Houndoom, and Gligar for Empoleon; who aren't weak to Dark and Ice attacks. Now, quite a problem - Mamoswine will KO both of your Pokémon with Earthquake, and Houndoom cannot OHKO it with Flamethrower because Snowy Mountain halves the damage of Fire attacks, and Medicham won't OHKO it with High Jump Kick if it doesn't have Pure Power. If Empoleon was completely healthy and had a decent amount of IVs in HP and Defense, there's a chance it might survive Earthquake, and its' Hydro Pump would OHKO Mamoswine easily (...assuming it hits, and with Snow Cloak, it only has, like, 64% chance to do so). Plus Weavile hits hard and outspeeds your entire team. 

There are two possible outcomes to that situation, and it comes to prediction: will Mamoswine use Earthquake or not? If it does, both of your Pokemon faint, but Weavile is OHKOed well. If you think he's going for Earthquake, switch for flying/levitating Pokemon. If it doesn't, focus on it - High Jump Kick should OHKO it, and Hydro Pump deal massive damage to Weavile... assuming both attacks connect, and Weavile doesn't KO Medicham which is very possible. In best case scenario, Mamoswine should faint and Weavile be weakened, with both of your Pokemon being damaged but still standing, in worst case scenario... both faint with Mamoswine and Weavile being completely healthy. In worst case scenario, you wouldn't win due to being KO'd seemingly easily by those two. If you switch to flying ones, 

But if you manage to defeat them, the next would be either Starmie or Walrein - Starmie is fast and hits decently hard on the special side with Blizzard and Thunder (which never misses on the field), plus can set up hail and Light Screen which handcuffs most of your team. Rotom would be a good one to take it down; more preferably if it was in its' Heat Form (overall, my preferred version of Rotom for this battle - with Rock attacks being Rock-Ice, it will only have one weakness in Water, but all of Blake's Water Pokémon are weak to Electric), because in the normal form, it's still slower and not as bulky, it could be OHKO'd by Blizzard in default form. In Heat Form however, Rotom would win, defeating Starmie with two Discharges, or even one with slight support, especially from Houndoom. Walrein, however, is a bitch - super bulky, especially defensively, and each turn it's gonna heal 1/8 of its' Max HP due to Leftovers and Ice Body. Preferably, if one of your Pokémon faints, send Dragalge and Toxic-stall it... Sorry, with this team this is the only answer...

Blake's ace - Alolan Sandslash - is dangerous to take down, with Slush Rush active, but Medicham beats it in one-on-one confrontation (it has to be healthy, though, so don't let it faint early)

This fight won't be easy - the result may vary wildly depending on luck. Preferably, you could replace one of your Pokémon (Gligar would be the best to bench because it's useless in that battle), and pick a Pokémon with preferably Fire Pledge (starters), Heat Wave or Incinerate, and if you don't have any, those with Eruption, Flame Burst and Lava Plume would work as well - just one usage of those moves changes the Field to Mountain (but the first three are more preferred by me), which makes Blake far more manageable. Fortunately, only Starmie can change the field back to Snowy Mountain (with one use of Blizzard or having Hail on the field for three consecutive turns), so if you manage to faint it before it does, you'll have easier confrontation. If it sets up Hail, better change the weather, if you can, or have the Pokémon melt the snow yet again... after some time because Starmie has Icy Rock. 

My preferred Pokémon of choice is Vulpix - you can get it by trading away Stunfisk, and it will know Heat Wave right away, plus Drought will come in handy - not only then, but in the entire playthrough.