How to make Blissey hit harder?

Moonhawk424

Hi!

So I'm a brand new player, and very new to this style of Pokemon playing. I'm absolutely loving the game! I think I lucked out a bit on my Happiny, which has some great EVs and I think is going to be really helpful for me at the stage I'm at in the game (just got badge 4, gearing up to badge 5) - especially as a 'mon for soaking up damage.

would like her to have at least one big damage move - but since the Move Tutor and TM purchasing is largely walled off with the exception of status and strategy moves, my options are super limited. Anyone have any advice?

Atm I've got a level 43 Blissey, Bold nature, Ability: Serene Grace, Moveset: Sing, Sweet Kiss, Take Down, Heal Pulse. Holding a Zoom lens to boost the Sing/Sweet Kiss accuracy.

I'd prefer not try breeding a new line since I don't know how the EVs will turn out, but I know it's the only way to get a move like Seismic Toss.

Thank you in advance!

I recommend teaching it charge beam (with serene grace it gets boosted odds to raise special attack) and echoed voice/round (You can teach it hyper voice later in the game) for stab. Blissey's got horrible attacking stats but decent special attack stats. I also recommend going to the move reminder for soft boiled.

Once you get access to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (which isn't until much later) I recommend teaching it those moves as well.

Also zoom lens doesn't raise accuracy, wide lens does!

I concur with most of what the above person said. Special is definitely the way to go for Blissey and either Echoed Voice or Round is sure to do more than Take Down, plus Serene Grace Charge Beam is actually guaranteed to give a Special Attack boost every time so it's great for setting up. And you are right in thinking a Zoom Lens raises accuracy (20% if you moved after the target, which works for a tank like Blissey) as well as Wide Lens (straight 10% boost), they might've been thinking of the Scope Lens which raises your critical hit rate instead.

Also I think the term you're looking for is IV, not EV. EVs are the values from 0 to 252 for each stat (capped at 510 total) that you raise by defeating other Pokémon whereas IVs are the values from 0 to 31 in each stat that are determined when the Pokémon is generated.

• Thanks 1