What does new game plus do?

StrangledFish

Since I've played the game awhile ago in E18. I'm pretty sure the most optimal route is screwed over for me now that people know what the relationship points actually do. So now I'm wondering what kind of things New Game Plus carries over. I've heard it has some puzzle skips but I don't know much else. Do I keep my dex progress and my entire PC? Or does it work differently.

And would it be better if I do post game first and then NG+ or is NG+ locked after post game or something?

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, StrangledFish said:

Since I've played the game awhile ago in E18. I'm pretty the most optimal route is screwed over for me now that people know what the relationship points actually do. So now I'm wondering what kind of things New Game Plus carries over. I've heard it has some puzzle skips but I don't know much else. Do I keep my dex progress and my entire PC? Or does it work differently.

And would it be better if I do post game first and then NG+ or is NG+ locked after post game or something?

New Game+ only allows you to skip puzzles, things such as dex progress, Pokemon, etc, cannot be transferred over, Pokemon are able to with the use of mods however.
New Game+ is automatically applied to new save files once you have completed a specific quest that is available for it. It does not skip important bits of dialogue, or story however.
The following puzzles can be skipped if you have previously completed them before, or have a save file that has:

Spoiler

- Chess Puzzle
 - Adventurine Forest/Route 1 Puzzle

- Starter Egg/Earthquake TM Quest
 - Magic Square Puzzle
 - Pokedex Quest
 - Victory Road Gem Logic Puzzles
 - Postgame Tree Puzzle

In the end, it falls under your choice if you want to skip the puzzles, generally it is recommended you do them, but you won't be missing out on too much if you decide to skip them. 

• 5 months later...