Love my League Team, but it needs improvements for postgame

Tusraki

Hi its my first post on this forum, looking to hear from the seniors here.

I was able to beat the Elite Four & the Champion on my first try ever with this team, but SPOILERS BELOW:

----SPOILERS BEGINS HERE----

I've had to use a Stall while Reviving strategy ever since Lin's other team in the New World. Now in the postgame, I'm still forced to use that strategy to defeat Crescelia & the 3 Genies team, so I'm really hoping for some advice on how to improve my current Pokemon team.

----SPOILERS ENDS HERE----

My team:

image.thumb.jpeg.037d987d8cf58f372cafec3967484a55.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.836228e8d428b4e8e66fbc5d5e992dd5.jpeg

I would usually start with Prankster Whimsicott, stunning any enemy setters. Then I would use Tailwind & switch. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7f40db4b922b3a8996b071c0383ff7e9.jpeg

Hidden Power Ice. Built as an all-rounder with Sp.D to take hits, has been very reliable & saved me in Amaria's gym.

image.thumb.jpeg.c2cf9a2be654488c88d7be710b6ca821.jpeg

My Mega Wallbreaker. I'd usually win any Double Battle when starting with Whimsicott & Charizard-Y.

image.thumb.jpeg.8f008baa67a9626e783e9c5ed7d55b04.jpeg

Z-Move Clangorous Soulblaze is an excellent wallbreaker.

image.thumb.jpeg.1c4aa01b9e2e440815dd702d50223f1c.jpeg

Moxie + Choice Band Krookodile has been an absolute monster. I was able to beat the Glass Gauntlet on my first try ever thanks to him (That gauntlet was INSANE btw). 

Sucker Punch was the one cheat move I allowed myself, while Toxic was just there ever since Pulse-Clawitzer. That was the only battle my team was unable to defeat b4 Lin.

image.thumb.jpeg.a900790b439c355508774f715191e471.jpeg

My Physical Defensive Tank. He had been really reliable in taking & dealing damages but in postgame all he's been doing is tanking while I frantically revive the others.

I'm open to any suggestions, including changing any Pokemon to Legendaries. Thanks for reading. 

Overall your team members is quite solid, and I don’t think you have to change members, but I’ll give some suggestions for the sets. Are your mons EV trained btw?

Whimsicott

Nature Power (pairs with prankster very well, swap moves depending on the fight)

Rotom

Hydro Pump > Water Pledge (increase damage output, unless you wanna change fields)

Volt switch > Thunderbolt (for pivoting, but thunderbolt can be used for dmg)

Will-o-wisp is a great move too, cripples the enemy heavily. Swap depending on fights.

Charizard

Heat Wave > Flamethrower (HW is generally better for doubles, useable in singles as well)

Roost can be used for longevity but it depends.

Aegislash

Shadow Sneak > Sacred Sword (STAB priority is better, and zard already haves fighting coverage)

Additionally, I will build Aegislash to be a Specially Defensive sweeper (252HP, 252SpD), because King’s Shield already lowers the enemy’s attack stat. Alternate between Kings shield and SD to maximise leftovers recovery, and when you’re at +6ATK you’re good to go.

Kommo and Krookodile’s sets are good IMO.

When you wanna change sets, you can go to the Moveset Saver at the nightclub (the one beside arclight), he’ll save your mon’s current set at no cost, so when you’re experimenting you can just revert them back.

If you’re using toxic stall, you can teach your mons protect as well, so you can stall for another round.
Also, in postgame there’s a lot of new world fields, try using the magical seed and you might get unexpected results. (Seed + power trip Krookodile?)

Thats my suggestions, just take anything you want~ and have fun with the game xD

On 9/24/2022 at 2:28 AM, Tusraki said:

I just feel that my team rn doesn't have any counters to a crazy boosted Legendary. 

Some of the post-game uses "cheaper" strategies than the League. Spore, Rest stalling, PULSE2-style EV maxouts, the odd Trick Room, etc.

I recommend noting down the important TMs that you can switch out on the fly to help focus your coverage and team redundancy. Modularity really is the biggest advantage you can have. Also get the Remote PC and plenty of batteries.