Modding Abilities?

Charon

I'm doing some personal modding for abilities/moves/Pokemon etc. in Rejuv and E19 Reborn, but I'm having trouble finding where I'm supposed to change the actual effects of abilities. The PBS file Abilities.txt is just the text description of abilities instead of the actual data, and I just can't figure out which Script/Data/PBS file would hold those, can anyone tell me?

• 3 weeks later...

To make Custom Abilities, you first need to give it a definition in the abiltext.rb file, and an ID in the PBAbilities.rb file - this will create the ability without any effect. To add an effect to ability, you can add it to one of the scripts file. For example, in a Move altering ability, you could add it to PokeBattler_Battler.rb or PokeBattler_Move.rb if you'd like. The Primal Dialga/Palkia mod has a good example, if you'd like to see that. To add it to a Summary display(where you would normally view the pokemon's ability, stats, etc ingame), you would need to edit PokemonSummary.rb. I may be wrong in some of these, but there are many mods that can provide a more clear example than my description. Hopefully, this helps! Good luck with your testing ^_^ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, at least for the moment probably gonna stick with modifying Pokemon and modifying/adding moves, since those files look just a bit above my hobby-coding paygrade. Gonna take me quite a while to parse out what I want to do and how to code it, even with the wiki helping me figure things out.

EDIT: Because it amuses me, here's the list so far of move modifications/new moves:

Triple Kick: BP increased to 20
Arm Thrust: BP increased to 25
Comet Punch: BP increased to 25
Power-up Punch: BP increased to 45
Mega Punch: BP increased to 90
Shadow Punch: BP increased to 75
Wild Charge: BP increased to 100
Razor Wind: Type changed to Flying, BP changed to 95, Accuracy changed to 100, now one-turn
Poison Tail: Power increased to 60
All Elemental Fangs (including Poison Fang): BP increased to 70
Water Shuriken: BP increased to 20

##New Moves##

Tyrant Fang: Basically just a Dragon-type version of Crunch (signature move of Tyrantrum). "The user clamps down with its’ fangs and savages the target. It may also lower the target's Defense stat."

Alpha Screech: 75 BP Dragon-type, Special Sound move, lowers SpAtk. "The user lets loose a deafening scream, proclaiming their superiority to the world. Also lowers target's Sp. Atk"

Divebomb: Flying, BP 90, acc 95, “The user soars high into the air and swoops down on the enemy at high speeds.”

Shocking Swipe: 80 BP clawing move, basically electric shadow claw. "The user slashes with lightning-infused claws. Critical hits land more easily. May Paralyze target."

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, Charon said:

Hm, at least for the moment probably gonna stick with modifying Pokemon and modifying/adding moves, since those files look just a bit above my hobby-coding paygrade. Gonna take me quite a while to parse out what I want to do and how to code it, even with the wiki helping me figure things out.

EDIT: Because it amuses me, here's the list so far of move modifications/new moves:

Triple Kick: BP increased to 20
Arm Thrust: BP increased to 25
Comet Punch: BP increased to 25
Power-up Punch: BP increased to 45
Mega Punch: BP increased to 90
Shadow Punch: BP increased to 75
Wild Charge: BP increased to 100
Razor Wind: Type changed to Flying, BP changed to 95, Accuracy changed to 100, now one-turn
Poison Tail: Power increased to 60
All Elemental Fangs (including Poison Fang): BP increased to 70
Water Shuriken: BP increased to 20

##New Moves##

Tyrant Fang: Basically just a Dragon-type version of Crunch (signature move of Tyrantrum). "The user clamps down with its’ fangs and savages the target. It may also lower the target's Defense stat."

Alpha Screech: 75 BP Dragon-type, Special Sound move, lowers SpAtk. "The user lets loose a deafening scream, proclaiming their superiority to the world. Also lowers target's Sp. Atk"

Divebomb: Flying, BP 90, acc 95, “The user soars high into the air and swoops down on the enemy at high speeds.”

Shocking Swipe: 80 BP clawing move, basically electric shadow claw. "The user slashes with lightning-infused claws. Critical hits land more easily. May Paralyze target."

Can you provide info on how these changes were done ?

On 10/13/2022 at 12:50 AM, Reflow718 said:

Can you provide info on how these changes were done ?

Literally just modifying the PBS files, copying segments from other moves as needed (or just the move outright). I'll just paste the changes/moves themselves since I don't really care who uses them, just change the number at the front for the new moves as needed for whatever game you're adding them to, and be sure to add them somewhere on the movelists of the pokemon you want them to have if you're not using debug to add them.

I also added Meteor Blow to actually have a higher-powered physical fire move that doesn't have recoil, Black Fog purely to have a Special Dark-type attack with a BP above 80 that wasn't a signature move, and Liquid Kunai was just to add another Ninja Thing to Greninja's arsenal.

##Move Changes##

Spoiler

70,WILDCHARGE,Wild Charge,0FA,100,ELECTRIC,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abef,"The user shrouds itself in electricity and smashes into its target. It damages the user."

75,THUNDERFANG,Thunder Fang,009,70,ELECTRIC,Physical,95,15,100,00,0,abef,"The user bites with electrified fangs. It may make the target flinch or paralyze it."

113,ARMTHRUST,Arm Thrust,0C0,25,FIGHTING,Physical,100,20,0,00,0,abef,"The user looses a flurry of open-palmed arm thrusts that hit two to five times in a row."

114,TRIPLEKICK,Triple Kick,0BF,20,FIGHTING,Physical,90,10,0,00,0,abef,"A consecutive three-kick attack that becomes more powerful with each successive hit."

142,FIREFANG,Fire Fang,00B,70,FIRE,Physical,95,15,100,00,0,abef,"The user bites with flaming fangs. It may also burn the target or make it flinch."

178,SHADOWPUNCH,Shadow Punch,0A5,60,GHOST,Physical,0,20,0,00,0,abefj,"The user throws a punch from the shadows. The punch lands without fail."

248,ICEFANG,Ice Fang,00E,70,ICE,Physical,95,15,10,00,0,abef,"The user bites with freezing fangs. It may flinch or freeze the target."

280,MEGAPUNCH,Mega Punch,000,80,NORMAL,Physical,85,20,0,00,0,abefj,"The target is slugged by a punch thrown with muscle-packed power."

281,RAZORWIND,Razor Wind,000,95,FLYING,Special,100,10,0,00,0,befh,"The target is battered with blades of razor-sharp wind. Critical hits land more easily."

319,COMETPUNCH,Comet Punch,0C0,25,NORMAL,Physical,85,15,0,00,0,abefj,"The target is hit with a flurry of punches that strike two to five times in a row."

435,POISONFANG,Poison Fang,006,70,POISON,Physical,100,15,50,00,0,abe,"The user bites the target with toxic fangs. It may also leave the target badly poisoned."

436,POISONTAIL,Poison Tail,005,60,POISON,Physical,100,25,10,00,0,abefh,"The user attacks with its tail. It may poison the target. Critical hits land easier."

601,POWERUPPUNCH,Power-Up Punch,01C,45,FIGHTING,Physical,100,30,100,00,0,abefjm,"Striking opponents makes the user's fists harder. Hitting a target raises the Atk."

608,WATERSHURIKEN,Water Shuriken,0C0,20,WATER,Special,100,20,0,00,1,bef,"The target is hit with throwing stars two to five times. It always goes first."

##New Moves##

Spoiler

699,TYRANTFANG,Tyrant Fang,043,80,DRAGON,Physical,100,15,20,00,0,abe,"The user clamps down with its' fangs and savages the target. It may also lower the target's Defense stat."
700,ALPHASCREECH,Alpha Screech,045,50,DRAGON,Special,100,20,100,04,0,befk,"The user lets loose a deafening scream, proclaiming their superiority to the world. Also lowers target's Sp. Atk"
701,SHOCKINGSWIPE,Shocking Swipe,000,80,ELECTRIC,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abefh,"The user slashes with lightning-infused claws. Critical hits land more easily. May Paralyze target."
702,DIVEBOMB,Divebomb,000,90,FLYING,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abef,"The user soars high into the air and dives into the opponent at massive speeds."
703,METEORBLOW,Meteor Blow,00A,90,FIRE,Physical,95,10,30,00,0,beg,"The opponent is slammed with a limb with such titanic force the air itself catches fire. May leave the target with a burn."
704,LIQUIDKUNAI,Liquid Kunai,000,80,WATER,Special,95,15,30,00,0,bef,"The user launches a blade of compressed water that explodes when it hits the enemy. This may also make the target flinch."
705,BLACKFOG,Black Fog,000,100,DARK,Special,90,5,0,00,0,bef,"The user condenses its' malicious thoughts into physical form, bathing the enemy in a thick haze of fear and hatred."

On 10/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, Charon said:

Literally just modifying the PBS files, copying segments from other moves as needed (or just the move outright). I'll just paste the changes/moves themselves since I don't really care who uses them, just change the number at the front for the new moves as needed for whatever game you're adding them to, and be sure to add them somewhere on the movelists of the pokemon you want them to have if you're not using debug to add them.

I also added Meteor Blow to actually have a higher-powered physical fire move that doesn't have recoil, Black Fog purely to have a Special Dark-type attack with a BP above 80 that wasn't a signature move, and Liquid Kunai was just to add another Ninja Thing to Greninja's arsenal.

##Move Changes##

Reveal hidden contents

70,WILDCHARGE,Wild Charge,0FA,100,ELECTRIC,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abef,"The user shrouds itself in electricity and smashes into its target. It damages the user."

75,THUNDERFANG,Thunder Fang,009,70,ELECTRIC,Physical,95,15,100,00,0,abef,"The user bites with electrified fangs. It may make the target flinch or paralyze it."

113,ARMTHRUST,Arm Thrust,0C0,25,FIGHTING,Physical,100,20,0,00,0,abef,"The user looses a flurry of open-palmed arm thrusts that hit two to five times in a row."

114,TRIPLEKICK,Triple Kick,0BF,20,FIGHTING,Physical,90,10,0,00,0,abef,"A consecutive three-kick attack that becomes more powerful with each successive hit."

142,FIREFANG,Fire Fang,00B,70,FIRE,Physical,95,15,100,00,0,abef,"The user bites with flaming fangs. It may also burn the target or make it flinch."

178,SHADOWPUNCH,Shadow Punch,0A5,60,GHOST,Physical,0,20,0,00,0,abefj,"The user throws a punch from the shadows. The punch lands without fail."

248,ICEFANG,Ice Fang,00E,70,ICE,Physical,95,15,10,00,0,abef,"The user bites with freezing fangs. It may flinch or freeze the target."

280,MEGAPUNCH,Mega Punch,000,80,NORMAL,Physical,85,20,0,00,0,abefj,"The target is slugged by a punch thrown with muscle-packed power."

281,RAZORWIND,Razor Wind,000,95,FLYING,Special,100,10,0,00,0,befh,"The target is battered with blades of razor-sharp wind. Critical hits land more easily."

319,COMETPUNCH,Comet Punch,0C0,25,NORMAL,Physical,85,15,0,00,0,abefj,"The target is hit with a flurry of punches that strike two to five times in a row."

435,POISONFANG,Poison Fang,006,70,POISON,Physical,100,15,50,00,0,abe,"The user bites the target with toxic fangs. It may also leave the target badly poisoned."

436,POISONTAIL,Poison Tail,005,60,POISON,Physical,100,25,10,00,0,abefh,"The user attacks with its tail. It may poison the target. Critical hits land easier."

601,POWERUPPUNCH,Power-Up Punch,01C,45,FIGHTING,Physical,100,30,100,00,0,abefjm,"Striking opponents makes the user's fists harder. Hitting a target raises the Atk."

608,WATERSHURIKEN,Water Shuriken,0C0,20,WATER,Special,100,20,0,00,1,bef,"The target is hit with throwing stars two to five times. It always goes first."

##New Moves##

Reveal hidden contents

699,TYRANTFANG,Tyrant Fang,043,80,DRAGON,Physical,100,15,20,00,0,abe,"The user clamps down with its' fangs and savages the target. It may also lower the target's Defense stat."
700,ALPHASCREECH,Alpha Screech,045,50,DRAGON,Special,100,20,100,04,0,befk,"The user lets loose a deafening scream, proclaiming their superiority to the world. Also lowers target's Sp. Atk"
701,SHOCKINGSWIPE,Shocking Swipe,000,80,ELECTRIC,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abefh,"The user slashes with lightning-infused claws. Critical hits land more easily. May Paralyze target."
702,DIVEBOMB,Divebomb,000,90,FLYING,Physical,100,15,0,00,0,abef,"The user soars high into the air and dives into the opponent at massive speeds."
703,METEORBLOW,Meteor Blow,00A,90,FIRE,Physical,95,10,30,00,0,beg,"The opponent is slammed with a limb with such titanic force the air itself catches fire. May leave the target with a burn."
704,LIQUIDKUNAI,Liquid Kunai,000,80,WATER,Special,95,15,30,00,0,bef,"The user launches a blade of compressed water that explodes when it hits the enemy. This may also make the target flinch."
705,BLACKFOG,Black Fog,000,100,DARK,Special,90,5,0,00,0,bef,"The user condenses its' malicious thoughts into physical form, bathing the enemy in a thick haze of fear and hatred."

Thanks for this, I also got it working, and made some of my own.

Now going for more advance is there a way to change the default animations of the "new moves" we created ?

Like using animations that's already in the game

13 hours ago, Reflow718 said:

Thanks for this, I also got it working, and made some of my own.

Now going for more advance is there a way to change the default animations of the "new moves" we created ?

Like using animations that's already in the game

I have no idea on modifying animations myself. I usually end up playing with them off most of the time, and I haven't really looked into guides for doing so.