Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Question about breeding Nidoran (female)

Quato

Question

Hey everyone,

so I am trying to get a Nidoqueen with Ice Beam without TM since this save of mine is not that far into the game yet.

So I am breeding and eventually got a Nidoran F with really good IVs and wanted to breed it with my Seel, which has Ice Beam.

However all my newly hatched Nidorans do not have Ice Beam as an egg move. I am quite confused since they can learn it by TM so they should also be able to get it through breeding.

Please someone help :)

( I use Seel lvl 47 with a Power Anklet and only move Ice Beam + Nidoran F with a destiny knot and only move growl)

2 answers to this question

Egg moves are different from TM moves. Generally speaking, tm moves cannot be learned through breeding, only egg moves can be done so. You can check bulbapedia or the like for different mons’ egg moves (and ice beam isn’t nidoran f’s egg move)

24 minutes ago, Axelyx said:

Egg moves are different from TM moves. Generally speaking, tm moves cannot be learned through breeding, only egg moves can be done so. You can check bulbapedia or the like for different mons’ egg moves (and ice beam isn’t nidoran f’s egg move)

Ah okay thank you.

I just looked it up, turns out I was just a bit outdated, TM moves do not pass on anymore since gen 6.