Best way to enjoy Reborn

Corso

The title might be misleading but I couldn't come up with something more clear than that in less than 3 lines. I also hope this is the right section (maybe On the Hunt? Idk). 

Anyway possible mild spoilers ahead, please be careful.

So I've been reading this helpful post on reddit, and I'm probably going to follow the R-Determination path, create the backup for the good path and re-start from there. "This way you only have to play the game 1.3 times to get the all the main storylines." says the post. I also know that if you're friends with people at the end of the game they appear in some postgame stuff. My question is: will I be able to reach the required relationship points with everyone with this 1.3 playthrough?

More specifically: I've read that dead characters won't appear in that postgame event, so is there someone who stays dead in both paths?

If yes, I believe I have to make 2 separate runs with another "bad" path and the "good" path: in this case, which bad path would you recommend?

And finally, is there a list of best choices to get all relationship points (thinking of crucial choices like the ruby ring etc.)? I know there are guides to know what points you get, but keeping track of all characters can be a little too hard, especially considering that some have very few occasions to get points.

I know I'm asking a lot so thank you for your kind consideration.  

Edited by Corso
I can't type

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can get all the lore by doing the 1.3 playthroughs as you mentioned (which means splitting at the end of main game and having to redo only the postgame).

4 hours ago, Corso said:

I also know that if you're friends with people at the end of the game they appear in some postgame stuff.

The 'stuff' that they appear in is the character endings, which are little cutscenes that play during the credits and show you what each character is going to be doing in the near future after you're done with the game. You can just look up a video on YouTube that shows all of them to see the ones you didn't get. So I wouldn't really worry about relationship points, but if you still want to try to get as many as you can, this guide might be helpful: 

4 hours ago, Corso said:

I've read that dead characters won't appear in that postgame event, so is there someone who stays dead in both paths?

No, any character that stays dead in both paths does not have a character ending. And iirc, there are no character deaths exclusive to either the Lin or the Anna route, except

Spoiler

Lin herself in the Anna route.

Edited by Karvanha
  • Thanks 1

Ok so from what I understand I wouldn't be able to get all the endings in the 1.3 playthrough because the backup is created at E4 and there are a lot of mutually exclusivev choices before that, so I think I'll follow Lukatales' suggestion and make a backup before Sigmund. And to think the solution was right under my nose (I might have visited that post in the past lol), sorry for bothering you. If only that guide was in chronological order too Now I just have to decide on the minor choices like losing to Bennett, getting caged etc...