Predict the Next Person to Post

Gyaradoskiller

While you might be able to survive without sleeping, it'll wreak havoc on your psyche. It's better to risk being temporarily paralyzed than to risk permanent psychological damage, Juu.

It's not the fact that I couldn't move that was the scary part necessarily. There's a lot to explain about this but I have an irrational fear of dreams because they don't make sense. So when I realise I'm dreaming, my brain freaks out and thinks of the worst possible things. Usually I can just quickly wake up and possibly be a bit unnerved by what happened before I did, but this was like that, only I couldn't move or scream and I could feel my actual body but it wouldn't do anything and one of the "things" in my "dream" made a "sound" and I could actually hear it through my left ear, not just in my head. Basically I was entirely conscious while trapped in a hallucinogenic nightmare but enable to control my body.

I don't even think that's a good description but it was anti fun. The opposite of fun. And of course, when I looked up what had happened, there was a lot of mention of "a feeling of a presence in the room" which there absolutely was and that creeped me out to an extent that I'm not quite comfortable talking about.

But if I don't sleep, I'll start seeing things anyway which is just my "worst nightmare" so I guess I'm going to have to just sleep.

This is some fucked up nightmare on elm street shit.

Binesplade

Okay first of all hi, sorry for all the wrong guesses I went out yesterday without access to the internet an passed out when I got home for a significant 13 hours, how that happened I will never know but eh

and second of all I know you said stop talking about it but

I just woke up from sleep paralysis and literally cried. I'm never sleeping again, that was one of the worst experiences of my life.

this kind of thing's happened to me before as well but rather than it be during sleep it was when I was on the verge of sleeping like a weird limbo type deal, and I freaked the fuck out I couldn't move and I didn't even know if I'd ever be able to again, also I swear to god i could see someone staring at me through the window but I couldn't turn my head when I looked no one was there. In fact ironically I once had a nightmare where I had sleep paralysis that also freaked me the fuck out and woke me up to find that I had it except it didn't last as long as the first time so either I wasn't actually dreaming or it's just a weird coincidence. All of this really sucks because you know how much I like sleeping hence the 13 hour sleep I had last night.

Juu?

I haven't had Sleep Paralysis ever yet. Not many lucid dreams either, though I wish I did sometimes.

And I'm sure if you used Wake-up Slap on me while I'm asleep you'd just OHKO me and I'd be out anyway, so...please don't do that.

Micky?

I've wanted to learn to lucid dream, and I've actively tried a few times, but I invariably just forget or don't have time to get enough sleep or use the methods that help it come more easily. I'll get there one day. I did succeed once in 2012 (wow that was four years ago, I can hardly believe that) wherein I had a false awakening dream, and it just hit me after about ten seconds that it wasn't real. I immediately woke up though.

Anstane?

Best sleep is dreamless sleep. Trust me, I get little enough of it to value it all the more.

And why bother with dreams anyway, they're not of much use, if any. Your wakeful life should be your dreams, as a dream and a goal should be nothing different.

Spine?

I believe there are some benefits to lucid dreaming, Viri. In my opinion, a stable dream wherein I am self-aware would be an excellent opportunity for some self-reflection, or to gather some inspiration. It could lead to an altogether more productive and wholesome waking life.

Viri?