My Untiered Mons Only Run (E4 & Champion)

Axelyx

Okay so this might not be the flashiest run (I've seen some extremes like mono pikaclones), but my Untiered Mons run has finally completed the main game! so I think it deserves to be shared hehe

TLDR I made a video (with detailed commentary) version of my run here!! Drop a view if you are interested, and I highly recommend you to do so HAHA

Overall

Definitely had some tough moments, but cheese and stall took it through (stall OP). It's not impossible though, these Mons just need more strats and preparation (and trial and error). Brute-forcing without smart tricks is impossible, for me at least.

Also, it took me one try to reach this team. Shoutout to my conventional team of Meowstic, Floatzel, Torterra, Turtonator, Rotom-Fan and Glaceon, you guys are the best <3 

My Team

Spoiler

1425439579_Screenshot(93).thumb.png.dc88125f49b4013bb9b83bb7b0d4a616.png

Electrode (Marshmallow)

Role: My lead of choice. It's main job is Taunt & Light Screen, but it hits quite hard against Heather and Elias' Noivern as well! With Volt Switch, it can also serve as a nice pivot.

Ability: Aftermath (Nice chip damage)

Stats: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe (Swapped SpA for HP during Anna), Timid

Moves: Light Screen, Taunt, Volt Switch, Rotation HP Ice, Protect

Items: Light Clay, Magical Seed

Ditto (Blob)

Role: To deal with the OP Mons! When in doubt, just copy the enemy and consider your job done XD However, Blob needs to choice lock into a move afterwards, so I need to be careful with it's usage.

Ability: Impostor

Stats: 252 HP

Moves: Transform (Duhh)

Item: Choice Scarf

Silvally (Type:Lol)

Role: My special attacker of choice, which helps to soften up teams. It's relatively wide movepool makes for quite a lot of combinations, eg Steel + Fire + Normal. I opted for a special set because Untiered had less good special attackers with types good for the E4. Also, I normally didn't let it hold type memories, since field-boosted attacks are equivalent to STABs, so other items were more useful. Also because Silvally-Steel is in NU

Ability: Multitype

Stats: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, Timid

Moves: Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Hyper Voice, Tailwind, Protect, Toxic, Work Up (I was a fool to forget teaching it Parting Shot)

Item: Expert Belt, Focus Sash, Magical Seed 

Torterra (Todos)

Role: My trusty physical setup sweeper! After some support and enemy-softening, Todos gets the KO for the team. Also, direct attacks without setup also works at times.

Ability: Shell Armor (Prevents crits while setting up)

Stats: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, Jolly (Swapped Atk & Spe to HP & SpD at Lin 1)

Moves: Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Nature Power, Seed Bomb, Rock Slide, Rest, Protect

Items: Coba Berry, Leftovers, Magical Seed

Bastiodon (Wall Sina)

Role: My 2nd option for OP Mons! Metal Burst + Sturdy can help take out one difficult enemy mon. Then, Custap Berry allows it to use bulldoze to de-buff the enemy. Also provides Wide Guard support during Bennett & Laura.

Ability: Sturdy

Stats: 252 HP, 252 SpD, Quiet (Idk why)

Moves: Metal Burst, Wide Guard, Protect, Bulldoze, Body Slam, Iron Head, Toxic

Items: Custap Berry

Rotom-Fan (Ferris)

Role: To inflict status and then pivot into a sweeper. Also sets up weather if needed. Also my secondary screen-setter. Also deals a lot of damage in the Lin 2 fight. Also very annoying to the enemy.

Ability: Levitate (WHY Gamefreak)

Stats: 252 HP, 252 SpD, Timid (Swapped HP & SpD for SpA & Spe in Lin 2)

Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Air Slash Reflect, Snatch, Sunny Day, Thunder

Items: Leftovers, Chilan Berry, Magical Seed

Ranking the Battles (Easiest to Hardest)

1. Heather (3/10)

After speedy Electrode prevents Crobat from using tailwind, it's basically a breeze through. I won through a combination of Rock Slide, Thunder and Mega Salamence Ditto.

2. Bennett & Laura (4/10)

The main strat is to just change the weather (and the field), then use Heat Waves, Rock Slides, Hyper Voice and an occasional Air Slash. Not much to say when you can change their field. 

3. Anna (6/10)

Firstly, prevent Aurora Veil using Taunt. Then the rest is to find a chance for Torterra to boost and sweep. In particular, I used screen support and abused the fact that AI uses Wish+Protect on Sylveon when it can't OHKO me, creating an opening for me to boost.

4. Lin 1 (7/10)

Same as Anna, prevent the disgusting veil and find a chance to sweep. The biggest opening was her scarf Garchomp, EQ forced it to switch when I sent in Rotom, so its switch out made me paralyze her Gardevoir. Here I had to change my Torterra's EVs to be as specially defensive as possible, then with screens up, I used Gardevoir for boosting.

5. Lin 2 (9/10)

The key here was to abuse Sucker Punch, Magical Seeds and recharge turns. Her Honchkrow will use Sucker Punch on weakened Mons, so I just took my chance and switch in a Mon with Magical Seed, resulting in an omniboost with no recharge turn (In my case, Silvally). I also had to be careful with Unaware Clefable though, as it ignored my boosts, so I used toxic to stall it (stall OP). 

I used Bastiodon to deal with the ARC-PULSE, by using metal burst. However it was not enough to kill (stupid me forgot screens were still up), so I had to resort to toxic stall once more (#stallOP).

6. Elias (10/10)

Okay hear me out, ExtremeSpeed Dragonite is f*king OP. My first team lost here. It basically 2HKOs my whole team bar Bastiodon (which had no offensive capability), so there was no safe switch-in. I resorted to PP stall his ESpeed, had to sash my Silvally, use a ton of protects, burn it and set up reflect, force it to switch out after depleting its PP, then burn the next Mon coming in. After that, it was a matter of using Ditto to copy Elias' super OP Mons and give him a taste of his own medicine. Also, his Ditto couldn't transform because he faced my transformed Ditto, which was hilarious af.

And that's my post to share my Untiered Mons run! Thank you for reading XD and feel free to share your thoughts with me!

I believe there surely will be other better strats, but this is what I came up with :P

• Upvote 1