Shiny Volcarona?

aux Cord

I was just doing a playthrough of Spork (I just had to do a Space/Sky themed playthrough with a Cosmog Starter), and I decided to use a Volcarona (specifically, a shiny Volcarona) as a Sun Pokémon. But rather than being the golden-yellow I was expecting, it was instead this blue-purple.

SPOILER_unknown.png

Is this a haha bug, or a feature? I'd not seen a Shiny Volcarona/Larvesta in Shiny Scouting, and you usually put the changed shinys there.

• Global Mods

A space/sky themed run with Cosmog as a starter sounds cool!

That's really strange that Reborn's shiny Volcarona is there, especially since Larvesta is the canon shiny. I'll replace it with canon shiny Volcarona in the next reupload, but for now, here are the canon shiny sprites:

637s.png

637sb.png

You would just need to download them into Spork -> Graphics -> Battlers and replace the existing shiny Volcarona sprites.

• Like 1

Maybe I'll do a post chronicling my victory when I get there- I just beat Grape for the first time, so I've still got a bit of a ways to go.

And thank you for the sprites, and the prompt reply, ICSW! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Only took about a year for me to get back into this run- but pride month always gets me in a Spork mood.

The inclusion of the Exp. All is one of the biggest QoL features, but it also allowed me to sweep through the game after I updated to get it shortly after the Underwater Hotel. I ended up having around a 10 level advantage over everyone by the time I got to ICSW's castle (where I picked up when I started back up the other night), and maintained that through the rest of the game.

My team was as follows:

• Carina - Solgaleo (Starter) [The Sky and the Cosmos are One]

My dearest beloved, the reason I started this challenge was in celebration of being able to start with a Cosmog. Unfortunately, they started with Hidden Power (Ghost), which made everything an uphill battle up until I filled out more of my team. I evolved them immediately into a Solgaleo as soon as they hit level 43 (Thank you, Sun Stone!), which was around the 7th gym.

• Stella - Clefable [The Mage from the Moon]
My first partner, caught in the EV training room of the hotel. While I finally had a Pokémon that could hit normal types (in theory), in practice she didn't get any good moves for that for several levels, though she carried because Cute Charm is so beautifully broken when everyone is Pan. Later in the game she tended to level up faster than the rest of the team, so often she took a vacation in the pc for a few levels before coming back.

• Ansi - Starmie [Alien Starfish]

Named after the Ansible from Ender's Game, they were the third member of my team after I escaped the hotel full of normal types, and the last Pokémon to join my team until Ailora Meadow. They were also my main damage dealer for the longest time.

• Penumbra - Umbreon (Retired) [The Moon]
Apprentice of Darkrai, Penumbra was a long running member of the team, and one of the only guys. He was swapped out for his mentor Darkrai after I got to the Dream Shrine, though.

• Helios - Volcarona [The Sun]
Praise the sun! I spent a long time in Tinder Forest looking for him. He is transgender. He started putting in a lot of work once he evolved.

• Sigilyph - Sigilyph (Retired)
Somewhat of a stretch, but he got Cosmic Power, Gravity, and most importantly: Fly.

• Umbra - Darkrai [The Moon]

Penumbra's mentor: Master of Darkness and putting people to sleep instantly and then yelling at them because they didn't learn Dark Pulse until right before the E4. I really appreciate that Dark Void was buffed to higher accuracy than Hypnosis.

• Cometeor - Minior [Shooting Star]

Name borrowed with love from another fangame I like, Uranium. I do also have a Shiny Minior in Pokémon Moon who shares this name. I used debug to give them Fly, though around Angela I picked up the TM for Acrobatics and since I was doing less backtracking by then... Shell Smash is a very fun move, and I used Stealth Rocks beforehand to get some free damage on most trainers.

And then some screenshots! My Hall of Fame, My stats from HoF, and then an extra picture of Cometeor because they were in Shield's Down mode when I beat Agne and didn't look as resplendent as usual.

Might start up a run with some Hisui Mons now that they've been added, but for now I'm satisfied.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

capture.png

• Like 2

• Global Mods

Starting with Hidden Power Ghost when the first battle of the game is against a Normal-type and the first Gym is also Normal sounds like one of the most challenging introductions to a run, but fortunately you were able to get two other teammates quickly enough, so hopefully the early game wasn't too intense. 

I liked seeing the connections you made between the team members and the theme of the run. It seems like Umbreon was both a team member and your zodiac sign, since Darkrai's information in the post seems to indicate you got it before the E4? That's also neat you were able to make a connection with them with Penumbra being Darkrai's apprentice! 

An interesting thing I noticed about your Hall of Fame team is that you have two Pokemon related to the moon, two Pokemon related to stars, and two Pokemon related to the sun, column for column! I don't know whether they're intentionally organized that way or if it's a coincidence, but I thought it was cool!

Congratulations on completing the space/sky run and happy Pride Month! 

Early game was definitely a bit "intense"- even with three Pokémon, only Ansi had any good attacking moves for a while. I recall Stella relied on Sweet Kiss for damage for several levels- I think around 10 or 12 is when she got Double-Slap which was her first damaging move. Jim was definitely one of the bigger hurdles because I only had two Pokémon for his entire team, and Double-Slap does not have much PP. It got better as they all leveled up, and Gina was the last gym leader where I really felt Carina's dead-weight.

Yeah Umbreon was my sign for this playthrough. I chose the sign based on my actual birthday for my first playthrough, chose Leafeon in my second because "heals on every map" seemed really good (it was), and this playthrough I chose Umbreon specifically for Darkrai due to the Lunar association. Espeon for Cresselia would've also been a good pick, but Psychic Types were plentiful options for me (Between Starmie, and Espeon's Sun Association, and Solrock and Lunatone, and Solgaleo and Lunala, and Elgyem and Beheeyem, the list goes on of all Extraterrestrial/Space Pokémon who are psychic types) so really my team was built around maximizing every other type that I could.

I'll be honest the team lining up like that was a complete coincidence. I wouldn't have even noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Very auspicious.

Thank you, and happy Pride!

• Like 2