Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia Mod

BurstNeon

Hello!
I've made a mod that adds these two Primals for Reborn (E19). I'm not very good at balancing so I might've made them too OP or not OP enough...
They also come with special abilities. This is my second ever try at making a mod, so there will likely be bugs and crashes that I haven't seen in my testing. I might not really know how to fix them either but I will try my best! I also wanted to make a Primal Giritina but I couldn't find any sprites for it and my own skill at making sprites is pretty awful.

So anyway, they each need their respective orbs for them to transform at the start of the battle. (Adamant Orb for Dialga, Lustrous Orb for Palkia).

Primal Dialga

Ability: Temporal Shift

HP = 120
Attack = 120
Defense = 135
Speed = 100
Sp. Attack = 170
Sp. Defense = 135

Temporal Shift causes some charge up moves to only take one turn when using them. Those certain moves are the one that causes the user to skip a turn to rest. So essentially, you can spam Roar of Time or Hyperbeam. The cost here is that it will drain an extra PP, so your Roar of Time (PP: 5/5) will become Roar of Time (PP:3/5) each time you use a move like that. Additionally, since Dialga represents time, so all priority moves will fail (like Queenly Majesty).

Primal Palkia (has a good ring to it)

Ability: Spacial Strike

HP = 120
Attack = 130
Defense = 110
Speed = 100
Sp. Attack = 180
Sp. Defense = 140

Spacial Strike causes every move to hit its opponent, even if its in a semi-invulnerable turn (Fly, Dig, Bounce etc.) which makes sense since Palkia represents space. Additionally, critical hits will also land easier (basically Superluck) to go with Spacial Rend.

The sprites were made by JustARandomDragon, TheMalevolentOne17 and Doggo.

EDIT: Fixed bugs relating to Palkia and Spacial Strike.
EDIT2: So JustARandomDragon remade the Primal Dialga (and Palkia! Very pretty!) sprites (no longer blurry!) and I decided to put the mod into the scripts because of all the bugs that happened. I believe every bug should be fixed, more or less. There'll probably be some, just have to keep testing to find out. On the third page of the pokemon summary, you won't find the ability name or description for either of primals, that one I figured wasn't really neccessary so I left it like that. Either way, since this replaces script files, it's not going to compatible with other mods. mostly mods that have or replace different script files. Either way, have fun with both the primals.

Primal_DP.zip

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, BurstNeon said:

Hello!
I've made a mod that adds these two Primals for Reborn (E19). I'm not very good at balancing so I might've made them too OP or not OP enough...
They also come with special abilities. This is my second ever try at making a mod, so there will likely be bugs and crashes that I haven't seen in my testing. I might not really know how to fix them either but I will try my best! I also wanted to make a Primal Giritina but I couldn't find any sprites for it and my own skill at making sprites are pretty awful.

So anyway, they each need their respective orbs for them to transform at the start of the battle. (Adamant Orb for Dialga, Lustrous Orb for Palkia).

Primal Dialga

Ability: Temporal Shift

HP = 120
Attack = 120
Defense = 135
Speed = 100
Sp. Attack = 170
Sp. Defense = 135

Temporal Shift causes some charge up moves to only take one turn when using them. Those certain moves are the one that causes the user to skip a turn to rest. So essentially, you can spam Roar of Time or Hyperbeam. The cost here is that it will drain an extra PP, so your Roar of Time (PP: 5/5) will become Roar of Time (PP:3/5) each time you use a move like that. Additionally, since Dialga represents time, so all priority moves will fail (like Queenly Majesty).

Primal Palkia (has a good ring to it)

Ability: Spacial Strike

HP = 120
Attack = 130
Defense = 110
Speed = 100
Sp. Attack = 180
Sp. Defense = 140

Spacial Strike causes every move to hit its opponent, even if its in a semi-invulnerable turn (Fly, Dig, Bounce etc.) so its basically a better No Guard which makes sense since Palkia represents space. Additionally, critical hits will also land easier (basically Superluck) to go with Spacial Rend.

The sprites were made by TheMalevolentOne17 and Doggo.

Primal_DP.zip 147.31 kB · 4 downloads

Checked out this mod, and it looks really awesome! 
Only issue I've seen with it so far is that the models appear to be blurry/low quality.

Edit: Also Spacial Strike causes critical hits 100% of the time. 
Edit 2: Upon further testing, Protect also no longer works with this mod (somehow), and will allow the user to be hit regardless of protect being used or not. 

12 hours ago, Dred said:

Checked out this mod, and it looks really awesome! 
Only issue I've seen with it so far is that the models appear to be blurry/low quality.

Edit: Also Spacial Strike causes critical hits 100% of the time. 
Edit 2: Upon further testing, Protect also no longer works with this mod (somehow), and will allow the user to be hit regardless of protect being used or not. 

Thanks!

I can't do too much about the blurry sprites unfortunately, but I was able to fix up the bugs you were talking about (hopefully).

Hello, I've recently downloaded this mod, I love Primal Dialga and thought this mod would be ideal and awesome for me, but it seems to be rather buggy, I do believe it may have to do with the abilities affecting the data, moves such as protect, king's shield etc and also moves that multi-hit like Dragon Darts etc, and two turn moves such as fly don't work properly, I was hoping there would be a fix soon, because this mod is so awesome with Primal Dialga and even Palkia, I would suggest maybe have a version with already in-game abilities, something fun such as Speed Boost or something related to time in some way, atleast meanwhile fixing the custom abilities, thank you for reading, I hope the bugs get resolved soon, thank you for your content!

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, BurstNeon said:

Thanks!

I can't do too much about the blurry sprites unfortunately, but I was able to fix up the bugs you were talking about (hopefully).

I spent a bit of time fixing the blurriness on the dialga battlers (by remaking them). I also did some minor color edits and realigned them a bit, though the alignment's still not perfect. I haven't tested them ingame, but they should work. 

483.png

Edited by JustARandomDragon

On 9/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, JustARandomDragon said:

I spent a bit of time fixing the blurriness on the dialga battlers (by remaking them). I also did some minor color edits and realigned them a bit, though the alignment's still not perfect. I haven't tested them ingame, but they should work. 

483.png

Thanks! Updated the mod with your sprites and they look great. If you ever end up doing the same for palkia, it'll be very appreaciated! I tried and did not do the palkia sprite any justice

On 9/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, BurstNeon said:

Thanks! Updated the mod with your sprites and they look great. If you ever end up doing the same for palkia, it'll be very appreaciated! I tried and did not do the palkia sprite any justice

I ended up finishing the palkia sprite remakes today. I ended up making 2 versions: One which has nearly the exact same colors as the original, and one which uses two palettes I found on google images.

484 (Legacy).png

484.png

Edited by JustARandomDragon

On 9/19/2022 at 9:23 PM, JustARandomDragon said:

I ended up finishing the palkia sprite remakes today. I ended up making 2 versions: One which has nearly the exact same colors as the original, and one which uses two palettes I found on google images.

484 (Legacy).png

484.png

I absolutely love the palettes you chose, it makes Palkia looks so good! Thanks for your hard work!

• 1 month later...

Last time I tried this mod, even though I was on a different save file, the thing about ignoring protect and other moves like that seemed to be in effect all of the time. This also happened for the primals themselves. Their protects wouldn't work either. Would be an awesome mod otherwise though. Love the sprite design.