6SC1- Creating missing 6th gen sprites

Amethyst

• Administrators

Following up to the gathering topic, here's where we're at: we are not permitted to use the sprites that Smogon, Showdown or Pokemon Online will be using. I've also personally spent a lot of time digging through various corners of google, deviantart and other places, and have compiled a collage of sprites we can begin to work with as well as spriters from the aforementioned project who offer their sprites for free-use with credit.

Between these things, we have all of the front sprites at least started. However, because back sprites are considerably less popular to produce, the only ones in existence for many Pokemon are the ones made by that project.

Which means, we have to make the rest ourselves. We're on our own from here out.

backsprites.png

The following Pokemon need backsprites to be created for them:

• Quiladin
  • Braixen
  • Diggersby tho
  • Pyroar-M
  • Pyroar-F
  • Pangoro
  • Aeigslash Blade
  • Aegislash Shield (I've left the existing aegisprites in just for reference)
  • Malamar
  • Binacle
  • Barbaracle
  • Tyrantrum
  • Goomy
  • Sliggoo
  • Goodra
  • Pumpkaboo

Creating a Pokemon sprite from scratch isn't easy, especially for a newbie spriter, but it's something I can do. Even easier for me is editing an existing sprite. So, even if it's bad, or just an outline, if anyone wants to get started trying to make these, the jumping-off point will be helpful.

Additionally, my job will be greatly eased if I can just do a pixel-over of these things. Therefore, if anyone can find high quality screenshots, official or fan art of Pokemon in good back-sprite poses, please post them here. It will be extremely helpful.

Note, true to Gen 5 style, these pictures and sprites must be full-body.

• Administrators

Well, yeah. I did some searching and didn't find anything for Quiladin so I'm going to raise a Chespin and try my best to sprite it based off of my own game. If that's a pattern that keeps up I may ask to trade someone for their Barbaracle, Goodra, Pyrorars or Tyrantrum (even if just temporarily)

but I'm not 100% sure how well it'll work since the stupid camera angle changes so much