First team I've actually put thought into...

Chevaleresse

Go easy on me, but still give advice. Keep the title in mind.

227.gif373.gif376.gif359.gif392.gif405.gif

227.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Spikes

- Roost

- Toxic

- Brave Bird

Pretty standard AFAIK. I went for Toxic to encourage swaps instead of Whirlwind forcing it, and Brave Bird to have additional options as well as avoiding being screwed by Taunt.

373.gif@ Dragon Fang

Trait: Moxie

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Aerial Ace

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Dragon Claw

Trying to get STAB and a decent amount of coverage with this set, along with something to deal with evasion (which I HATE HATE HATE). Otherwise, just going for a sweeper.

376.gif@ Choice Scarf

Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 192 Atk / 188 SAtk / 128 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Flash Cannon

- Meteor Mash

- Psychic

- Zen Headbutt

A bulky sweeper Metagross with 4 STAB options to choose from.

359.gif@ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Detect

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Night Slash

An Absol that's in my team because I really love the Pokemon. I figure that I can use Detect to mess with the opponent's attack plans, with Pressure hopefully exhausting the PP on the opponent's stronger moves. Sucker Punch and Night Slash are pretty self-explanatory. Swords Dance if the opportunity comes up to use it.

392.gif@ Fist Plate

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Flare Blitz

- Close Combat

- Overheat

- Earthquake

Trying to get plenty of coverage here with Infernape's good offense, and since it's already squishy, I won't really care about the defense losses. Overheat is for any particularly annoying physical walls that come up.

405.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Rivalry

- Discharge

- Thunder Fang

- Crunch

- Ice Fang

Same idea as the previous ones.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Spikes

- Roost

- Toxic

- Brave Bird

Salamence (M) @ Dragon Fang

Trait: Moxie

Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Aerial Ace

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Dragon Claw

Metagross @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 192 Atk / 188 SAtk / 128 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Flash Cannon

- Meteor Mash

- Psychic

- Zen Headbutt

Absol (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Detect

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Night Slash

Infernape (F) @ Fist Plate

Trait: Blaze

- Flare Blitz

- Close Combat

- Overheat

- Earthquake

Luxray (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Rivalry

- Discharge

- Thunder Fang

- Crunch

- Ice Fang

Threats:65.pngAlakazam-257.pngBlaziken-286.pngBreloom-609.pngChandelure-113.pngChansey-91.pngCloyster-534.pngConkeldurr-132.pngDitto-149.pngDragonite-196.pngEspeon-598.pngFerrothorn-445.pngGarchomp-649.pngGenesect-94.pngGengar-472.pngGliscor-130.pngGyarados-612.pngHaxorus-485.pngHeatran-635.pngHydreigon-593.pngJellicent-385.pngJirachi-135.pngJolteon-381.pngLatios-448.pngLucario-68.pngMachamp-376.pngMetagross-620.pngMienshao-233.pngPorygon2-579.pngReuniclus-479-4.pngRotom-W-373.pngSalamence-212.pngScizor-560.pngScrafty-597.pngSerperior-227.pngSkarmory-80.pngSlowbro-73.pngTentacruel-639.pngTerrakion-642.pngThundurus-468.pngTogekiss-248.pngTyranitar-637.pngVolcarona-547.pngWhimsicott-145.pngZapdos-251.pngCelebi-555.pngDarmanitan-214.pngHeracross-630.pngMandibuzz-195.pngWuagsire-302.pngSableye-561.pngSigilyph-235.pngSmeargle-121.pngStarmie-245.pngSuicune-454.pngToxicroak-640.pngVirizion-450.png530.pngHippowdon+Excadrill-248.png645.pngTyranitar+Landorus-38.png3.pngNinetales+Venusaur-460.png365.pngAbomasnow+Walrein-186.png230.pngPolitoed+Kingdra-186.png272.pngPolitoed+Ludicolo-186.png134.pngPolitoed+Vaporeon-113.png227.pngChansey+Skarmory-212.png479-4.pngScizor+Rotom-W-593.png598.pngFerrothorn+Jellicent-

Personally I'd go for Multiscale Dragonite for bulk over Metagross, but not ideal since you have Mence. Are you going to use any Mega evos? Mega Absol has Magic Bounce which might be useful since from what I can see you have nothing to deal with hazards. On that note you could try Mega Blastoise who can Rapid Spin and also has great bulk as a sweeper.

Different story if this is for Gen V, of course.

Edited by Khayoz

This is a rather terrible team in my opinion.

Firstly, as said, Absol needs Absolite.

Secondly, pretty much everything you have is mixed. You're wasting a lot of moveslots. Metagross in particular is an appaling waste. Salamence has 2 STAB physical Dragon moves. Pick 1. If Aerial Ace is there purely to counter evasion, use Roar [always hits now].

Salamence should not have Dragon Fang. There are FAR better items, which is why nobody ever wastes an item for a 10% power boost. Something like Yache berry would be far better.

Again, drop the stupid item on Infernape.

Get rid of Luxray alltogether. It's bad anyway, and you're trying [and failing] to run it as a mixed sweeper.

While we're at it, get rid of Metagross. It shouldn't be on any team in XY due to it's large amount of common weaknesses, and your one is particularly bad.

Edited by Secundum

Secondly, pretty much everything you have is mixed. You're wasting a lot of moveslots. Metagross in particular is an appaling waste. Salamence has 2 STAB physical Dragon moves. Pick 1. If Aerial Ace is there purely to counter evasion, use Roar [always hits now].

Salamence should not have Dragon Fang. There are FAR better items, which is why nobody ever watses an item for a 10% power boost. Something like Yache berry would be far better.

Get rid of Luxray alltogether. It's bad anyway, and you're trying [and failing] to run it asa mixed sweeper.

While we're at it, get rid of Metagross. It shouldn't be on any team in XY due to it's large amount of common weaknesses, and your one is particularly bad.

Definitely a harsh comment, but I have to agree. It seems to me that you have a lot to learn,KingMurdoc... Hopefully you have found the right place to improve, there are people around here, including myself, who can give you a lot of tips to get into the competitive mentality...

But harsh words like those are not going to help, Secundum, even if you are 100% right...

Guys. This is a fifth gen team I imagine. There isn't a single 6th gen Pokemon, move, item, or ability. I think mence should had Dragon Dance or a speed boosting nature though, his speed isn't that great on his own. as for metagross, his speed is kinda low to abuse scarf but it does have the surprise factor going for him. Just keep in mind that he can learn bullet punch, and agility. Also ditch the sp.atack based moves on metagross, he's got a great physical move set and his sp.attack really isn't that great. That being said you don't really have any full on special attackers, and you probably should. On infernape i'd recommend taking out a move for mach punch, for priority, and maybe a life orb over fist plate, or a fighting gem. I love all the ideas you put into your team though, its very creative and I don't think its terrible.

Salamence should not have Dragon Fang. There are FAR better items, which is why nobody ever watses an item for a 10% power boost. Something like Yache berry would be far better.

Get rid of Luxray alltogether. It's bad anyway, and you're trying [and failing] to run it asa mixed sweeper.

really, it pretty mutch is crucial if you want to fix your team

on "threats" you should add Magnezone, as skarmory's whirlwind is basically all you have to stop oposing physical sweepers of setting up and then blowing your entire team

Edited by SJMistery

So basically:

Overall: stop with the mixed pokemon, and be less bad with items. (My knowledge of items isn't particularly strong.)

Absol: Go for Absolite instead of Focus Sash.

Salamence: Roar over Aerial Ace. Drop either Outrage or Dragon Claw for something else.

Metagross: Either drop it entirely or go for a physical moveset, likely not using Scarf. Possibly swap for Multiscale Dragonite.

Skarmory: No issues?

Infernape: Drop Overheat for Mach Punch.

Luxray: Drop it for a special attacker of some variety.

That sound about right?

So basically:

Overall: stop with the mixed pokemon, and be less bad with items. (My knowledge of items isn't particularly strong.)

Absol: Go for Absolite instead of Focus Sash.

Salamence: Roar over Aerial Ace. Drop either Outrage or Dragon Claw for something else.

Metagross: Either drop it entirely or go for a physical moveset, likely not using Scarf. Possibly swap for Multiscale Dragonite.

Skarmory: No issues?

Infernape: Drop Overheat for Mach Punch.

Luxray: Drop it for a special attacker of some variety.

That sound about right?

If you swap Metagross for Dragonite you might as well drop Salamence as well because having two Dragon/Flying types on your team is a no-no :)

If you swap Metagross for Dragonite you might as well drop Salamence as well because having two Dragon/Flying types on your team is a no-no :)

Yeah. I like Metagross, so I'll hold onto it. Could you help me out with items? Since I've never really played against anyone except other single-player, uh, players, I never paid a whole lot of attention to them. Exp. Shares were the only ones I cared about.

Yeah. I like Metagross, so I'll hold onto it. Could you help me out with items? Since I've never really played against anyone except other single-player, uh, players, I never paid a whole lot of attention to them. Exp. Shares were the only ones I cared about.

Salamence - Choice Scarf, Metagross - Leftovers is what I would do. But scarfing a Metagross could catch some people off and work the battle to your favour.

Murdoc, a good item can make the differance between victory and defeat, so they're probobly the most important aspect of the game [after the species of mon, obviously].