Route 2 no powder vial

aoc

I just started playing ep19 from my old save file where I was at Route 2 and 8 badges. For some reason I don't have a powder vial and the npc that gives you the powder vial keeps telling me to "ask again if you need a refresh." Is there any way to fix this or am I softlocked?

3 hours ago, aoc said:

I just started playing ep19 from my old save file where I was at Route 2 and 8 badges. For some reason I don't have a powder vial and the npc that gives you the powder vial keeps telling me to "ask again if you need a refresh." Is there any way to fix this or am I softlocked?

in E19 the powder vial is given to you by the ringmaster of the circus so i dont know if you can re-aquire it normally, you can always try speak to the ringmaster or visit the room with Samson and Ciel and see if it triggers anything

ok, i tried talking to everyone in that room, the ringmaster just tells me about the rules of the challenge and another gym leader. samson ciel cain and aya just talk about story stuff... strange

17 minutes ago, aoc said:

ok, i tried talking to everyone in that room, the ringmaster just tells me about the rules of the challenge and another gym leader. samson ciel cain and aya just talk about story stuff... strange

isnt the powder veil sold by the npc at reception in front of the tent? I think it was for me, i beat reborn (Again) only recently. Pretty sure it was one of these guys. Also did you go to route 2? There is some dialogue before entering it so a npc might also give it to you there. You might want to post at troubleshooting-save file for somebody to check is your save file corrupted maybe. 

Screenshot_13.png

It WAS sold by that guy but it's changed in ep 19 to be given to you by the ringmaster.

It was warned that for Ep 19 you either need to be at the very very end of Ep18 or start a new game because many things were changed.

Unfortunately OP you saved at an incredibly unlucky point. Your only choice is to start a new game or debug the item in. But I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to explain how to debug and even if we can, there's no telling what issue that could cause.

20 minutes ago, DecShep said:

It WAS sold by that guy but it's changed in ep 19 to be given to you by the ringmaster.

It was warned that for Ep 19 you either need to be at the very very end of Ep18 or start a new game because many things were changed.

Unfortunately OP you saved at an incredibly unlucky point. Your only choice is to start a new game or debug the item in. But I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to explain how to debug and even if we can, there's no telling what issue that could cause.

2 hours ago, aoc said:

while i dont know if it's against the rules or not to explain how to debug stuff in since as long as ya enjoying yaself it shouldnt really matter how ya play your save, i will more than happily debug the item in to see if this fixes the issue for you if you attach the save file

11 hours ago, DecShep said:

yeah i think i'm just going to start a new game. i want to try the updated early game anyway and being stuck in the circus forever isnt exactly the most fun thing in the world. thank you for the help anyway

8 hours ago, aoc said:

yeah i think i'm just going to start a new game. i want to try the updated early game anyway and being stuck in the circus forever isnt exactly the most fun thing in the world. thank you for the help anyway

you can trade your pokemon to a new account also, i did that when my old file was corrupted. Since i also had ice beam and energy ball tm from early game i slapped that on many pokemon also :) 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, Tina said:

you can trade your pokemon to a new account also, i did that when my old file was corrupted. Since i also had ice beam and energy ball tm from early game i slapped that on many pokemon also :) 

update: i made it back to where i am on route 2! the powder vial also works thankfully.

how would i trade pokemon from one account to another? some 2 computer shenanigans?

yay.png

10 hours ago, aoc said:

how would i trade pokemon from one account to another? some 2 computer shenanigans?

No, just open up the launcher twice. In one select one of your save files, and in the second the other. Then proceed with two different online account.

It's quite easier to do than to explain :). 

Maybe turn off the volume 'cause the double music could be weird.