Mabinogi!

Skeleton

I need to reel in some people for Mabinogi, so I can possibly start a guild with you guys.

So I guess some of you know mabi because of all that dumb Nexon shit.

Yeah Nexon sucks.

But I can't stop playing the game.

SO!

Let me tell you about Mabinogi.

When you first start you have to pick between 3 races:

Human

fNP5n.jpg

Elf

004B9-d19a6d54-c2c6-4be6-99fa-eab809680c

and Giant

mabinogi_giant.jpg

Every race can do different things! Humans, for example, can do most skills. They can hold 2 swords and wield a big sword, too.

Elves have some restrictions. They are bad with swords, etc. They cannot hold 2 swords at the same time and can't wield a big one either. But they are great magic users and archers. They have special archery skills humans don't get. Also they run faster than humans and giants and they can hide from enemies with a special skill.

Giants have them too. They can hold 2 swords, wield a big one easily, but can't use bows at all. Their mana pool is also a bit small so it's hard to be a Giant Mage. They're slow and can't hide.

When you create your character you have to pick an age. The height and skills differ with every age. You can be 10 to 18 years old. You can age further, though. But you can rebirth as any age. If you're 20 and rebirth as 12, you can't rebirth as 17 the next time though. (assuming you're under cumulative level 100 and can rebirth every day). If you're over cumulative level 100 (Maybe 200? I know they changed it.) You can't rebirth every day. If you're still under it you get free potions, nao soul stones and heart stickers every day.

Also it would be good to let you know, the elves and giants are in a war. I don't really know why, but if you, an elf, enters the giant village (which you have to do at the start of the game) you will get attacked by the guards if they see you. You can't fight back, they're basically invincible. That's why, for elves, it's easy to do that mission with your hide skill.

Now if you did all the start stuff, you have to do goddess missions. There are fucktons of those. It's a whole storyline and saga and everything and it's confusing to me. :D

I'm not gonna tell all that I'm not even that far.

Oh yeah they also have guns as a skill. You can shoot people. :D

I prefer the archery skill and bard skill. I have a lot of scrolls to play with.

Anyway I hope you're gonna play Mabi, and if you do, make sure you pick the Alexina server! That's where I'm on. Also people are nicer on there than any other server. Also you should probably PM me so I can add you. u v u

Just play it ok I'm lonely.

ALSO LAST BUT NOT LEAST YOU CAN GET MARRIED AND ADOPT RANDOM PEOPLE. But it costs money.

Sorry if I'm confusing. OTL

I used to play the shit out of this game. One of my older accounts had a level ~600+ human on it, but I've sine lost it. I've also got an account with an Elf around 100 with an Ostrich and an Ice Dragon. Odds are I'll start playin' it again, since I need to finish my Falcon quests. :c

• Administrators

Plot twist, Erick is the leader and explains why he used to be so BIOS flash-y

In seriousness I've never played it but compared to Maplestory I don't think it could possibly be any worse. I've thought about playing but honestly being made by Nexon is a huge red flag. I feel the same way about Dragon Nest (ICE AND WES)

@ Erick- 600+? I heard of there being no actual level cap so can I get some perspective?

...I used to play this game too much.

But.

Nexon managed to turn me off with its inability to fix server bottlenecks.

I remember when the server went to hell. First the gold duping then the outright hacking. However, since Nexon's cracked down on it, it's a much better place.

Plot twist, Erick is the leader and explains why he used to be so BIOS flash-y

@ Erick- 600+? I heard of there being no actual level cap so can I get some perspective?

I had just learned how to do it and really wanted to try it out. :c

And yeah, no level cap. But the game makes sure that it's got challenging enough stuff around, so that the game doesn't become a 1-hit fest for people who are 500+.

One dungeon actually recommends that you be 1k before taking it on solo. It's doable with 8 people, though if you can somehow find a pass for 8.

Add me on Alexina: Cactusjuice

obby i'm still a noobcake tho <3

Edit: Also, the guards don't attack you anymore. They patched that a looooong time ago.

I'm gonna try to patch Mabi again today, so add me on Alexina too: Rinbird.

And I see. Well I still used hide just in case because 3 of my character are elves. >>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...