Floette-Eternal

MangoJush

After my recent status I was curious if it's possible to add in this form of Floette into Reborn? Because apparently Floette-E still 'exists' as data up to Ultra Sun and Moon, and considering Reborn follows that same foundation, technically speaking, Floette-E could be a thing. I was just wondering whether it's possible to mod in the form itself or if it's actually coded into Reborn too. If not, what are the tools I need to add it in myself?

No, it is not implemented.

Normally, adding multiple forms is relatively easy:

• Register the form in PokemonMultipleForms.rb (that was the old method). MultipleForms.rb Use the other forms as an example .

You don't need to define every method (ie. if there is no ability change, do not add the "ability=>{...}" section; if you arent going to change the pokedex, omit the "dexEntry" section). There are more methods (for instance, to define mega forms), check other examples to learn them.

Now, each form gets assigned a number (as you can see with  the "pokemon.form==XXX" checks), and floete gets a form for each color, so make sure you assign a unique number to it (or not, you wont kill the game by overwriting a form).

(Btw, it's in Ruby, the programming language)

(Also, you don't need the PBS in these cases.)

I think, then, you should test if everything went correctly: the game doesn't crash and you can set correctly the form with debug.

• Finally add the sprite (it is optional). Now here is some complexity. Battle sprites are at Graphics/Battlers/. However, sprites are now packed into sprite-sheets; Cass made a post about it. They are in blocks of four for each form (all in the same image), add a new block with the new sprites.

If you want you can do the sprite thing first and it seems to work too.

Note that her signature move, Light of Ruin, is not implemented either. Also, you might want to add an encounter? that's a bit more involved.

• Like 1

oh wow, i wasnt expecting such a comprehensive reply, thank you so much! i only have like... barely any programming literacy much less ruby so forgive me if i may follow up with some additional questions once i get to it.

i had initially thought that the pbs files would be required which made me hesitant at first but learning that i dont need that is honestly the most surprising thing. adding sprites would be very easy in my experience as i've already done that plenty of times in reborn with my custom character sprites haha. it's just the modding that i'm not familiar with. i presume adding the light of ruin move would be a lot more complicated thanks to the animations, no?

i'd like to say again thank you very much for taking the time to write all of this, i hope i can repay you in some way for all this effort!!!!

41 minutes ago, MangoJush said:

oh wow, i wasnt expecting such a comprehensive reply, thank you so much! i only have like... barely any programming literacy much less ruby so forgive me if i may follow up with some additional questions once i get to it.

i had initially thought that the pbs files would be required which made me hesitant at first but learning that i dont need that is honestly the most surprising thing. adding sprites would be very easy in my experience as i've already done that plenty of times in reborn with my custom character sprites haha. it's just the modding that i'm not familiar with. i presume adding the light of ruin move would be a lot more complicated thanks to the animations, no?

i'd like to say again thank you very much for taking the time to write all of this, i hope i can repay you in some way for all this effort!!!!

Yes, completing a move is a bit more complex. I haven't done that in honesty; you might want to ask around the discord for help with that, it is more likely for someone to answer.

27 minutes ago, Nullspace said:

Yes, completing a move is a bit more complex. I haven't done that in honesty; you might want to ask around the discord for help with that, it is more likely for someone to answer.

i can make do with the lack of light of ruin for now haha, but for some reason the game just doesn't register my alternate form of floette. the sprite works but even after using minior's block since it's a multiformed, randomized pokemon with a stat change, the game just doesn't register floette eternal's new stats. here's what i wrote if you'd be willing to check what i did wrong.

MultipleForms.rb

[spoiler]

PBSpecies::FLOETTE => {
    :OnCreation => proc{rand(5)},
    :FormName => {5 => "Eternal"},

"Eternal" => {
        :BaseStats => [10,10,10,10,10,10]
    }    
},

[/spoiler]

PokemonMultipleForms.rb

[spoiler]

MultipleForms.register(PBSpecies::FLOETTE,{
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next rand(5)
},
"getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next if pokemon.form!=5
   next [10,10,10,10,10,10] # Eternal
},
"onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
   pbSeenForm(pokemon)
}
})

[/spoiler]

Sorry, I just messed up something; reborn 19 uses a new script, MultipleForms.rb, as you have done. The other section in PokemonMultipleForms.rb is actually commented out, it does nothing.

Looking quickly through it, you also need to remove this

FormCopy = [
	[PBSpecies::FLABEBE,PBSpecies::FLOETTE], # this line must go

Because it will overwrite whatever change you do to floette with the data of flabebe (see the end of MultipleForms.rb).

I have tested it and it seems to work, then, for me.

"Eternal" => {
    	:BaseStats => [74,65,67,92,125,128],
    	:DexEntry => "The flower it's holding can no longer be found blooming anywhere. It's also thought to contain terrifying power.",
	}
}, 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nullspace said:

Sorry, I just messed up something; reborn 19 uses a new script, MultipleForms.rb, as you have done. The other section in PokemonMultipleForms.rb is actually commented out, it does nothing.

Looking quickly through it, you also need to remove this

FormCopy = [
	[PBSpecies::FLABEBE,PBSpecies::FLOETTE], # this line must go

Because it will overwrite whatever change you do to floette with the data of flabebe (see the end of MultipleForms.rb).

I have tested it and it seems to work, then, for me.

"Eternal" => {
    	:BaseStats => [74,65,67,92,125,128],
    	:DexEntry => "The flower it's holding can no longer be found blooming anywhere. It's also thought to contain terrifying power.",
	}
}, 

ooohhhhhhh, now i understand! i was very confused why floette was the only one not working out of all the edits i've done when i've tested it by making forms of other pokemon like beheeyem. i assumed it was because of the rand(5) thing that made it all sorts of confusing. i had no idea that the bottom line in the file was the cause of it.

you're truly a lifesaver!!! i've confirmed now that it works too after removing that line above. if you ever need a sprite done or something along those lines, feel free to hit me up! it's the least i can do

• Upvote 1