request: please readd the ability to change the speed up hotkey to the controls menu

ATHATH

In my E18 run, I had it bound to V, but now it's bound to alt and I can't change that anymore:

unknown.png

It's a minor thing for me personally, but it does mess with my muscle memory and it could be a big deal for someone who prefers moving with WASD or has some wack keyboard hand position preferences (due to, say, not having a left hand). Also, putting the speed up key in the controls menu would remind the player that it exists, which is probably a good thing.

addendum: okay, I'm not sure if this is new to e19, but the run button no longer works like the b button in menus and it's tripping me up

this was one of my pet peeves about rejuv, please please please don't force me to only use the menu button to back out of menus ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've seen in several threads, it cannot currently be rebound in this version due to engine limitations. (Below is from This Thread)

On 5/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, Amethyst said:

Hi, sorry, unfortunately we can't :c I know a lot of people have been requesting it but it's just a little out of practicality at this point as we'd need to be making changes to the base engine. If it becomes feasible for us to do in the future we absolutely will. 

Also:

2 hours ago, Katernin said:

Honestly i'm more annoyed that pressing M also causes speedup now.

I'm trying to rename a pokemon, not speedup!

This was fixed in 19.04, have you updated the game? Current patch is 19.07.

9 minutes ago, Eldritch-Crabbo said:

Also:

This was fixed in 19.04, have you updated the game? Current patch is 19.07.

oh neat

i haven't nicknamed a pokemon with an M in it again yet lol