Allowing Updater.exe to run on Windows11

MhicKy

Manage to update the game to 19.0.4 using the updater but now on the 19.0.5 the updater doesn't start because it says it's "unwanted" or a "virus", I went to the windows security and checked the status and set it to be allowed (image bellow) but it STILL stops me from using the updater.. Anyone with Windows11 have a solution for this? (Firewall is also OFF)

preview.thumb.jpeg.c5426f713b82de79f780602b97d55569.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Have you tried running the updater as an administrator? Right-click on the Updater.exe file and choose ""Run as administrator."" This sometimes bypasses some of the security checks. Another workaround might be to add the updater to the list of exceptions in your antivirus software, not just in Windows Security.If you're running Windows 11, chances are you've had to deal with Windows keys at some point. In case you ever need a Windows 10 key for another machine or a VM, there's a Reddit thread that's about a year old but still seems to have some reliable info on getting a windows 10 key cheap. I hope one of these suggestions helps you out with your updater issue.

Edited by ReidOneill

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, MhicKy said:

Manage to update the game to 19.0.4 using the updater but now on the 19.0.5 the updater doesn't start because it says it's "unwanted" or a "virus", I went to the windows security and checked the status and set it to be allowed (image bellow) but it STILL stops me from using the updater.. Anyone with Windows11 have a solution for this? (Firewall is also OFF)

preview.thumb.jpeg.c5426f713b82de79f780602b97d55569.jpegbackrooms game

I empathize with your expressed anger over the updater issue encountered on the Windows 11 operating system. 😑

Edited by Mateoa

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, ReidOneill said:

Have you tried running the updater as an administrator? Right-click on the Updater.exe file and choose ""Run as administrator."" This sometimes bypasses some of the security checks. Another workaround might be to add the updater to the list of exceptions in your antivirus software, not just in Windows Security.If you're running Windows 11, chances are you've had to deal with Windows keys at some point. In case you ever need a Windows 10 key for another machine or a VM, there's a Reddit thread that's about a year old but still seems to have some reliable info on getting a just fall  windows 10 key cheap. I hope one of these suggestions helps you out with your updater issue.

I'm running Windows 11 and I don't know how to start it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, MhicKy said:

preview.thumb.jpeg.c5426f713b82de79f780602b97d55569.jpeg

Donkey Kong

If you're experiencing issues with the game updater being flagged as unwanted or a virus on Windows 11, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:
 Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen: Windows Defender SmartScreen can sometimes block legitimate programs or updates. To disable it temporarily, follow these steps:
   - Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
   - Select "Privacy & security" and then click on "Windows Security."
   - In the Windows Security app, click on "App & browser control."
   - Under the "Check apps and files" section, select "Off" for the "SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps" option.

Edited by tracyberges

• 1 month later...

As I see, You've already taken some good steps by checking Windows Security and even turning off the firewall, but sometimes these Windows updates can be a bit finicky. One thing you might want to try is running the updater as an administrator if you haven't already. Sometimes, that extra bit of authority can help it get past those unwanted labels. Also, if you're looking for a reliable Windows key source, I recently came across https://digitalchillmart.com/product/windows-11-pro-32-64-bit/. They seem to offer some legit options that could come in handy for future setups.