Suggestions for my EP19 team?

FayTAV

I just beat Serra and I am about to team up with Saphira to rescue the twins from the mountain, and I was wondering out of the Pokemon I have in my party and in my PC, which combination would make for the best team? and yes I know I have Pokemon I should not be able to have yet (WonderTrade is fun and I already have played through the game multiple times). Any Suggestions would be great! As well as getting Pokemon I do not have yet!! 

Edit: I do plan on using Hydreigon when it is evolved from the Zwelious btw. 

Team.PNG

Box.PNG

I suggest you replace Togekiss or Gardevoir with Krokorok since their typing overlaps. Probably Gardevoir since Togekiss will at least have aura sphere for the giant Steelix. You also have two fighting types and two flying types. I think Noel is coming up so two fighting types is not such a bad idea but I recommend swapping Togekiss  with Krokorok to have an answer to electric moves and it will help against Radomus too I'd think. Gardevoir can learn trick room which I think will be useful so I don't recommend dropping it in the long run. Krookodile's typing overlaps with Hydreigon so I dont suggest having both on your team. Two fighting types is not such a good idea for Radomus and Ciel down on the line, but Heracross is superb against Radomus so I don't recommend dropping it just yet. After Luna or Samson though I suggest finding a replacement for it (though moxie Heracross will still be useful against Terra). A bug type worthy of consideration I think is Escavalier since it will deal with Mewtwo without having to resort to focus sash provided they didn't change its moveset to have a fire type move. It also walls Ciel's Altaria though it will be dead weight against Charlotte. A leader I foresee having difficulties with is Amaria, since Blaziken will be useless against her and only Hydreigon (weak to ice) and Gyarados (which can't learn dive I think) will be good against her. A pokemon with Blizzard can help against her (and Charlotte too but an ice type will be useless against her fire types). A cheese strategy for her is to use a water absorb pokemon with freeze dry, I used Lapras and it worked great against everything bar her own Lapras. Also Shedinja with toxic but you probably have heard of that (it doesn't even have to be leveled up that one) . Anything with wide guard will do well against Charlotte and Hardy. A great duo I recommend is a sand stream mon with Excadrill, I used Hippowdon and it also counters Titania's hail, though I don't see how you could fit it in your team with Aegislash and Blaziken already weak to ground and adding Excadrill to the team too to have half the team weak to it. I think you'll be fine against Titania though, what with Aegislash Blaziken and Gyarados, just teach someone brick break, probably Blaziken. I suppose every kind of weather plus speed abuser will be likewise broken, though I haven't used anything other than sand. A mon with toxic or toxic spikes will be useful against Terra, another problematic leader cause of her terrain, or a mon strong against her ground types with the support of electric/misty/psychic/grassy terrain, I used Greninja personally but I doubt you have access to it unless you were lucky with wonder trading. I suppose Gyarados with moxie can do well too with both support from terrain and poison support to force out the Quagsire. Gardevoir can learn misty terrain via a heart scale. Roserade can learn toxic spikes and is easy to get  one with 31 IVs in speed because its base form Budew is a baby pokemon guarranteeing 3 perfect IVs. It can also learn grassy terrain via a heart scale. Using one layer of toxic spikes and surviving one attack to use grassy terrain would be ideal. Anyway a fast ice type with poison support shouldn't even need terrain theoretically. Leech seed or burn is also an option against her two tanks. Unfortunately pokemon like Hydreigon will be useless against her unless you go the terrain route. That's all I can think right now, there  are probably many amazing pokemon you can use that I forgot to mention. 

15 hours ago, RebornFan7 said:

I suggest you replace Togekiss or Gardevoir with Krokorok since their typing overlaps. Probably Gardevoir since Togekiss will at least have aura sphere for the giant Steelix. You also have two fighting types and two flying types. I think Noel is coming up so two fighting types is not such a bad idea but I recommend swapping Togekiss  with Krokorok to have an answer to electric moves and it will help against Radomus too I'd think. Gardevoir can learn trick room which I think will be useful so I don't recommend dropping it in the long run. Krookodile's typing overlaps with Hydreigon so I dont suggest having both on your team. Two fighting types is not such a good idea for Radomus and Ciel down on the line, but Heracross is superb against Radomus so I don't recommend dropping it just yet. After Luna or Samson though I suggest finding a replacement for it (though moxie Heracross will still be useful against Terra). A bug type worthy of consideration I think is Escavalier since it will deal with Mewtwo without having to resort to focus sash provided they didn't change its moveset to have a fire type move. It also walls Ciel's Altaria though it will be dead weight against Charlotte. A leader I foresee having difficulties with is Amaria, since Blaziken will be useless against her and only Hydreigon (weak to ice) and Gyarados (which can't learn dive I think) will be good against her. A pokemon with Blizzard can help against her (and Charlotte too but an ice type will be useless against her fire types). A cheese strategy for her is to use a water absorb pokemon with freeze dry, I used Lapras and it worked great against everything bar her own Lapras. Also Shedinja with toxic but you probably have heard of that (it doesn't even have to be leveled up that one) . Anything with wide guard will do well against Charlotte and Hardy. A great duo I recommend is a sand stream mon with Excadrill, I used Hippowdon and it also counters Titania's hail, though I don't see how you could fit it in your team with Aegislash and Blaziken already weak to ground and adding Excadrill to the team too to have half the team weak to it. I think you'll be fine against Titania though, what with Aegislash Blaziken and Gyarados, just teach someone brick break, probably Blaziken. I suppose every kind of weather plus speed abuser will be likewise broken, though I haven't used anything other than sand. A mon with toxic or toxic spikes will be useful against Terra, another problematic leader cause of her terrain, or a mon strong against her ground types with the support of electric/misty/psychic/grassy terrain, I used Greninja personally but I doubt you have access to it unless you were lucky with wonder trading. I suppose Gyarados with moxie can do well too with both support from terrain and poison support to force out the Quagsire. Gardevoir can learn misty terrain via a heart scale. Roserade can learn toxic spikes and is easy to get  one with 31 IVs in speed because its base form Budew is a baby pokemon guarranteeing 3 perfect IVs. It can also learn grassy terrain via a heart scale. Using one layer of toxic spikes and surviving one attack to use grassy terrain would be ideal. Anyway a fast ice type with poison support shouldn't even need terrain theoretically. Leech seed or burn is also an option against her two tanks. Unfortunately pokemon like Hydreigon will be useless against her unless you go the terrain route. That's all I can think right now, there  are probably many amazing pokemon you can use that I forgot to mention. 

I appreciate the response!! I definitely will keep Togekiss/Krook in the box and use them when necessary, I’m not worried about any gym battles up until Amaria. When I do reach that point I think the Lapras/Water absorb strat will be very helpful. Do you know how I can get an Excadrill/Tyranitar/Hippowdown for a sand team soon? I think a sand team with Aegislash and Blaziken would be very helpful against Charlotte although I usually just power through all the gyms until Amaria and then I have to actually plan a team. 

1 minute ago, FayTAV said:

I appreciate the response!! I definitely will keep Togekiss/Krook in the box and use them when necessary, I’m not worried about any gym battles up until Amaria. When I do reach that point I think the Lapras/Water absorb strat will be very helpful. Do you know how I can get an Excadrill/Tyranitar/Hippowdown for a sand team soon? I think a sand team with Aegislash and Blaziken would be very helpful against Charlotte although I usually just power through all the gyms until Amaria and then I have to actually plan a team. 

Also if anyone has a Tyranitar/Excadrill or their pre evos (preferred) they could trade me that would be amazing! 

7 hours ago, FayTAV said:

Also if anyone has a Tyranitar/Excadrill or their pre evos (preferred) they could trade me that would be amazing! 

Those are a far ways off. A better strat against Charlotte is a max speed EV Typhlosion with Eruption spam. Use her own field against her. Get speed control with Tailwind and you can sweep her easily. Besides, her Rotom puts a stop to your Excadrill EQ spam. If I recall, Rock Slide is a TM on Exca, right? It's not learned naturally? Since it's doubles, you need something that survives your own EQs while coming in to deal with Rotom. It can be done but is unnecessarily difficult, there are easier strategies to use against her. Lycanroc are also heavily recommended. If you want to cheese with Trick Room then Gigalith sweeps her, too.

Abuse Seeds to deal with Amaria.

2 hours ago, Siv said:

Those are a far ways off. A better strat against Charlotte is a max speed EV Typhlosion with Eruption spam. Use her own field against her. Get speed control with Tailwind and you can sweep her easily. Besides, her Rotom puts a stop to your Excadrill EQ spam. If I recall, Rock Slide is a TM on Exca, right? It's not learned naturally? Since it's doubles, you need something that survives your own EQs while coming in to deal with Rotom. It can be done but is unnecessarily difficult, there are easier strategies to use against her. Lycanroc are also heavily recommended. If you want to cheese with Trick Room then Gigalith sweeps her, too.

Abuse Seeds to deal with Amaria.

Yeah I have been saving my seeds till late game because early game gym leaders I do not need them, I may not even have to use a strat against Charlotte as in the past I kind of just wing it, I just enjoy sand teams so I was just wondering! If you have a Rockruff or a Roggenrola extra I would love to try those strategies! Or if you know where to find them!

11 hours ago, FayTAV said:

Yeah I have been saving my seeds till late game because early game gym leaders I do not need them, I may not even have to use a strat against Charlotte as in the past I kind of just wing it, I just enjoy sand teams so I was just wondering! If you have a Rockruff or a Roggenrola extra I would love to try those strategies! Or if you know where to find them!

You get Roggenrolla from 7th street, it's one of the stolen Pokemon. Rockruff can be found outside Agate Circus when you get there.

1 hour ago, Siv said:

You get Roggenrolla from 7th street, it's one of the stolen Pokemon. Rockruff can be found outside Agate Circus when you get there.

Thank you! I appreciate all the help, just beat Noel easily (I have 2 fighting types and a Aegislash LOL), Radomous definitely gonna be a good fight. 

Unless her movesets have been updated in E19, Amaria autoloses from Shedinja as soon as you take out her Swampert in singles and her Vaporeon in doubles, as they are the only ones that can touch it. You can get a Nincada by smashing rocks in the Byxbysion Wasteland. 

Edit: as for the team and general suggestions, considering Hydreigon as a starter instead of Togekiss, I think Rotom-mow in place of Heracross would give you the most utility: grass+electric coverage to fix water match-ups, will o wisp support against physical attackers, screens for defense, thunder wave/electroweb for speed control. Also, if you switch to the sand team you mentioned or pair it with any ground type, you can spam the classic discharge+earthquake in doubles since it has levitate.

You can get it right after Luna from the room in the back of Shade's Gym and change its form once you get to Ametrine City, in one of the houses.

Edited by Pippolazzo

Personally, looking at the team build out I would say the weakest point is that you have a LOT of sweepers but not many walls/tanks. I would consider dropping gyrados for walrien,  just to have a mon that can take some hits. Especially in the late game the battles can get very "who is faster" in the sweeping department and since you USUALLY fight on opponent-favoring fields it can make a big difference to have a pokemon that can survive 2 or 3 big shots. 

I also agree with the above saying that the type overlap can be not very helpful, I would consider maybe training up dragalge since it has a really high special defense stat and learns toxic spikes so he could be a decent hazard setter.