6I1- Defining the new Items

Amethyst

• Administrators

Here, we'll be adding to the existing item data list all of the relevant new items 6th gen has introduced

For a list of these items, and some descriptions, please visit this page:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/newitems.shtml

However, we will be not be including the following items from the list in Reborn:

• Adventure Rules
  • Amaze Mulch
  • Boost Mulch
  • Dowsing Machine
  • Elevator Key
  • Holo Caster
  • Honor of Kalos
  • Lens Case
  • Looker Ticket
  • Power Plant Pass
  • Prof's Letter
  • Rich Mulch
  • Roller Skates :c
  • Sprinklotad
  • Surprise Mulch
  • TMV Pass

...Basically, don't include anyting that's Kalos-specific.

These items will need to be defined in the document according this page:

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Defining_an_item

Let's go through the Abomasite as an example. I'm choosing Abomasite because most of these items are Mega Stones, and the properties of one can easly be copy/pasted to the others- then only the ID, name and description needs to be changed for each. Even though I'm skipping it for now, the Ability Capsule does need to be added.

First, the ID. We're going to see what the ID of the last item was, and add 1 to that. The last one was the Yureyu key at 536, so Abomasite will be

Next, the internal name. The internal name is just the item's name but ALLCAPSNOSPACES

537,ABOMASITE

Then the name that the player sees. Gentler, this time:

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,

What pocket will the item go into? See the previous page for what each number means. At a glance, I believe most of the items we're currently adding, except those berries, will go into the general, pocket 1:

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,1,

How much can the item be sold for? The wiki says to put 0 if the item cannot be sold. I don't know if I want any or all of these items to be purchasable or not, so, just temporarily, please put '999' in this section for every item, to remind me to decide and set this later.

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,1,999,

Next: The description of the item. Take note of what it says on the wiki about using quotes, apostrophes, or even commas. To be safe, it's probably best to just wrap the description in quotes.

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,1,999,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Abomasnow hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle",

The next two sections are Usability in, or out of battle. Definitely check the wiki for what each number here means. However, in this case, Abomasite is neither usable in or out of battle, so both of these values will be 0.

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,1,999,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Abomasnow hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle",0,0,

Last section! (Since the true last section listed on the wiki is only for TMs, we can ignore it). This lists any other special properties the item has. Again, check the wiki to see what each means, but Abomasite has none of the listed properties, so this will be 0 as well.

537,ABOMASITE,Abomasite,1,999,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Abomasnow hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle",0,0,0

And that's that!
Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions!

Ok it should be finished, i also added "Strange Souvenir" and "Intriguing Stone" eventhough i have no idea what they actually do... i tried finding out what they do but welp.. if they aren´t supposed to be added i ll add them out and correct the ID #...

Checked the descriptions of certain items, and added the full stops Serebii were missing for some reason.

EDIT: So Serebii didn't copy them down exactly. I changed the ones I knew were game text. Also, don't you think Luminose Galette sounds a little Kalos-specific?

Edited by Jacze

• Administrators

Whoops. I over looked the strange souvenir thing... Could you go ahead and remove that one? Very sorry.

As for the intriguing stone, I actually just looked up what it does in XY- but I think I can find a purpose for it later in Reborn. Leave that one in. As for the Galette- yeah, it's true, that's unnecessary. Buuuuut if you look further up, we actually have all of the region-specific full heals (rage candy bar, lava cookie, old gateau, castellia cone) soo... I guess it'll be there for completion, or if I ever decide to do something with them.