6SS1- Determining Shiny Alterations

Amethyst

I think Gardevoir and Gallade were already made and discussed in detail on one of the first pages of this thread ..

And, I love the Reborn-Metagross! But as you said, maybe try out how it would look to recolor all the white parts into gold

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn´t read all 18 pages, sorry. Either I missed those out or I didn´t see them, sorry ^^"

I looked back and I saw a few of those alterations. Looks better than mine xD

Alright, then I´m going to make the white parts gold then :D

(Hey, at least I can help a little bit here. Quite happy bout that xD)

Oh, and I made a Beldum and a Metang and I wanna know if those are alright as they are now ^^"

or should I use the same colors from the shiny-sprite that is in the game folder already?

...Or maybe something between those two -__-

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

It´s so cute :D But maybe a bit more contrast? It almost looks like it´s the same color.

Either all that is true or I´m not really a fan of colors dem bright blues xD

Maybe change peak and claw color as well? And why not white instead of bright blue? :) I mean if you wanna make a snow birdie (Don´t listen to me, it´s my very personal taste and people are probably going to disagree with me. Just my opinion, maybe everyone else will like it and I am the weird guy who doesn´t like that color xD)

I also notice the upper edge of it´s head, those dark pixels, are the same dark blue as the default Taillow. Try to make it a darker or grey-ish bright blue, if you want to make it bright blue.

By the way, which program are you using for it? If it´s paint you´re using, why not switch to Gimp? Also freeware and makes transparent backgrounds, it´s also easier to play around with all the colors, draw pixel by pixel and make contrasts and so on ;)

*asshole-mode off*

I hate criticising people, because after it I feel like an ass xD Keep trying, you´re gonna be better ^-^

Why are there Whynaut icons? I have simply written "Why-not" O_o

Oh, also made the entire Metacross evolution-family now. Anyone got any ideas for improvements?

It's pretty annoying, I kind of wish she'd make the wynaut text :whynot: or something lol. I'm back at school now, no more photoshop readily available from here.

I personally prefer the Reborn metagross with silver/metallic/white/etc/whatever pieces instead of gold.

Alright. I´m always afraid to give feedback, because when I do people sometimes react pretty butthurt and defensive ^^"

The green eyes are a nice idea. Now they look like the synthesis-ending from mass effect happened lol

So you guys want me to make them either white or gold? I think I can´t make 50% gold and 50% silver/white/metallic.

But I have to say the gold looks a bit too shiny, so maybe make it white or desaturate the gold a lot.

Alright, redone the spikes and gave Metang reborn colors as well :)

Now it looks all greyish and blacky, except for the eyes and the reborn insignia. Looks alright to me ^^"

And there is the chandelure evolution-line, with Shade´s Chandelure I saw on his trainer card ;D

Flames are the same color as it´s shiny pre-evolutions, while the rest of them is still like the normal versions.

And now I made sewaddle, swadloon and leavanny - Autumn-style orange/red with the bright green body from shiny sewaddle ^.^

Let´s make Darkrai a bit darker... and there´s a bit more blue now ^^" It´s more like a Bluerai now ;)

Maybe I should remove the blue, make it less saturated... But I like the dark blue. Didn´t know what I should do with the hair, so I made those blue as well ^^"

But I guess with dark-blue, blue-ish glowing hair and red eyes, it looks kinda evil ;D

I shouldn´t call them shinies anymore, because they don´t shine >_> They don´t have bright and shiny colors, rather the opposite.

Well, there´s my darky Bisharp and Pawniard ;)

First I tried to reverse the colors, make inside white and hands black, but meh...

ended up looking like this because I liked it ^^"

Anyone made a dark Tyranitar yet? If not, there we have the entire family ;)

I read Ame´s suggestion on the first page regarding Tyranitar, making it black and red and that, so I did as that suggestion said xD It´s not pitch black, but if I did that you couldn´t see the holes on it´s body armor.

And Roselia, Budew and Roserade? Bc I cans!

Didn´t change much. Followed the suggestion and made it´s roses black-ish, but then I made the skin a bit paler and the dark-green parts a bit darker. I also ended up making Roserade´s hair red, because why not? ^^"

Probably a matter of taste, I think y´all won´t like it, but hey, now we have two roses on its hands and one red rose on its head ;)

Drifloon and it´s evolution Drifblim. Both are black now and with reborn-insignia-colors replacing the yellow parts ;) Didn´t change the cloud color, cuz I didn´t know what to do with it ^^

Black heracross, male and female ;3

Since nobody posts anything here for some reason, I´ll just add my shinies via edit.

Well, I´ll make shinies from time to time when I have nuthin else to do xD

Damn, that´s long! (Heh, that´s what she said ^^"). Well, that happens when nobody posts here and I make shinies when I feel like making some :D

• 3 weeks later...

i used the regular charizard sprite for this not the shiny one

which means you can go into the folder and change the original for this one

loTergK.png(click it to save the photo)

what do you guys think also what sprites do you guys base your shinnies on

Edited by codelancelot

thats cool but i think it might look cooler (no dbz pun) if his back was another color

Yeah Typhlosion is based off of the Honey badger which is why I wanted to make his back grey-ish, but I admit it doesn't really look that good; what do you suggest?

Yeah Typhlosion is based off of the Honey badger which is why I wanted to make his back grey-ish, but I admit it doesn't really look that good; what do you suggest?

maybe just plain white and black, or maybe purple and black ,or some kind of light or darker blue and black , or maybe even just a black back silver or white tummy (yeah i said tummy) with a darker flame like indigo or cyan and blue eyes

maybe something like this, yeah its not much better either

post-47651-0-56310700-1397065206_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

- - - Hold the phone. Unown- acceptable as is? Hopefully this is only because Unown is a pain to edit. In which case- I got you all covered. ;D

lhr9HfW.png

I'm currently in the process of making all their backgrounds transparent. Which is going to take *forever*, but once im finished I'll pack them up in a zip or a rar and post them here, so that nobody has to individually download :)

I could turn up that crystal onix's contrast.

Speaking of increased contrast. Do you think you could increase the contrast on the golden parts of the Piplup line you have there? It'd be better IMO.

BEFORE

CrystalOnix_zpsc814c673.png

CrystalOnixBack_zps5df046fb.png

AFTER

CrystalOnix2_zps58b61ca0.png

CrystalOnixBack2_zpsaf8cbb56.png

Mind if I touch that up a bit? I just drew 5 crystally things so Ive got a bit of practice (for a while)