Improvements for my team?

Aspex

I just got the badge from Luna and I'm wondering if this team is good enough to enter Agate City. I have some other decent Pokemon but they're lower-leveled as the following is my primary team:

Crex (Toxicroak) (F) @ Toxic Plate  
Ability: Dry Skin  
Level: 62  
- Poison Jab  
- Sucker Punch  
- Drain Punch  
- Dark Pulse  

Budex (Roserade) (M) @ Rose Incense  
Ability: Poison Point  
Level: 64   
- Giga Drain  
- Growth  
- Synthesis  
- Toxic  

Flarex (Blaziken) (F) @ Charcoal  
Ability: Speed Boost  
Level: 65  

- Bulk Up  
- Double Kick  
- Blaze Kick  
- Brave Bird  

Marex (Ampharos) (F) @ Quick Claw  
Ability: Static  
Level: 64  
- Power Gem  
- Thunder Wave  
- Discharge  
- Confuse Ray  

Anura (Flygon) (F) @ Soft Sand  
Ability: Levitate  
Level: 70  
- Earthquake  
- Stone Edge  
- Outrage  
- Crunch  

Growlex (Arcanine) (F) @ Charcoal  
Ability: Flash Fire  
Level: 61  
- Crunch  
- Heat Wave  
- Close Combat  
- Flare Blitz  

(Perhaps you're wondering why the nicknames are the nicknames. My in-game player name is Aspex so I just named the Pokemon the first few letters of the evolution I got it at plus the "ex" at the end of Aspex)

I'm looking for a better moveset for Roserade and how to get the new moves. I haven't used it in a while now since the moveset I have on it covers few types :( I got some other late-game TMs from trading, but none for Roserade yet.

I also believe I'm lacking in tanks and support and have too many physical attackers.

Thanks!

Okay so as far as your Roserade goes, absolutely replace Giga Drain with Petal Dance. It's an absolute nuke and can sometimes even kill resists. Also throw Nature Power on it, that shit's broken in Reborn.

I don't know what you got from the mystery egg, but it's probably worth using. Your Arcanine and Toxicroak cause excessive typing overlap. I would replace Toxicroak for a Drapion, soon to be swapped with a Bisharp, or a Crobat, as your team lacks decent options for dealing with Fighting and Psychic types. As such, I would consider Noivern as well. Bulky waters are great to have, and water is overall a great typing, so I'd suggest picking it up. Also grab a Rotom from the power plant, as it'd give you a good water type, once you can access Rotom forms. As for the other pokemon ABSOLUTELY grab a Ribombee. It's silly how overpowered it can be. I suggest a movepool of Pollen Puff, Dazzling Gleam(not Moonblast, since it gets boosts from many fields, and hits both targets in doubles), Sticky Web and a screen of your choice per battle. It can also serve as a backup Nature Power user.

I can also see that you haven't been to the move relarner. On your Blaziken get Hi Jump Kick instead of Double Kick, and consider Flare Blitz. It's not necessary, but it can help you get by.

On your Flygon, since Doubles exist, replace Stone Edge with Rock Slide, and grab Dragon Dance, since it single-handedly solves some battles(Crunch ain't that necessary with better Team coverage). Your Roserade can replace Synthesis with NatP, and with all that you'll get by easier.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, bobirobi20 said:

Okay so as far as your Roserade goes, absolutely replace Giga Drain with Petal Dance. It's an absolute nuke and can sometimes even kill resists. Also throw Nature Power on it, that shit's broken in Reborn.

Absolutely to both of these.

I really like Drapion and Crobat suggestion. Both have very good movesets and will help with typing overlapping (as mentioned). I prefer Crobat because its faster and it took a position on my team for a while. When U-turn is available, it can be really helpful as a scout. Drapion fits your team better because you don't have a Dark mon, even if Flygon has Crunch, it isn't STAB.

Blaziken is unanismously the strongest mon in reborn. I use it on my team and I'll share the moveset I use:

Adamant Blaziken @ Wide Lens

Ability: Speed Boost

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves

- Bulk up

- Blaze Kick

- Hi Jump Kick

- Thunder Punch / Brave Bird

Bulk up to enhance the mon if needed. Blaze Kick and Hi Jump Kick are STAB and will never miss with Wide Lens. Thunder Punch you'll get after Reborn City Restoration, it'll be the best coverage, but you can use anything here, Brave Bird is a good option. If you want Blaziken to be mega, then the moveset should change a little with the addition of Blazikenite and Flare Blitz.

I also use Roserade on my team. The mon is fine, good stats and all, but it will shine when you bred it to have good moves. Here is my moveset:

Timid Roserade @ Miracle Seed / Amplifield Rock

Ability: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves

- Toxic Spikes / Grassy Terrain

- Extrasensory

- Magical Leaf

- Hidden Power / Dazzling Gleam

Toxic Spikes and Extrasensory you'll get through breeding, Toxic goes for setters and Extra for coverage. Grassy Terrain + Amplifield Rock really pulled me through some fights. Magical Leaf + Technician ability will have 90 of Power plus its inability to miss. If you go for a good IV breeding, Hidden Power Fire or Ice will really have a good coverage for your mon. Dazzling Gleam can be useful in some fights, but it's not that reliable.

You might want to consider changing Arcanine. Same type as Blaziken and almost same moveset. I'd recommend Psychic, Fairy or Ice Mons so you have more options on your team. A-Ninetales seems to fit good on your team. Gardevoir would be a good option too.

Hope it helps.

See ya~