E19 team suggestions?

Foufoutos

Heya,

Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of the year as much as possible.

To say I am hyped for e19 is an understatement. Replaying the game this year was a magical experience. Making a new team from scratch, leveling and training each member, strategizing over crucial battles and crying in a dark corner after losing The Gauntlet AGAIN, hold a special place in my heart, along with my 'final' team I ended up with at the end of e18.

After thinking long and hard, I decided to start a new adventure on Reborn after the new episode releases, and enjoy the experience in its entirety! The plan is to  transfer all the 'cool' pokemon (as Lv.1s) to that new game and satisfy my inner child as much as possible. I would like to get some suggestions and thoughts. So far I got:

1. Blaziken (love)
  2. Feraligatr (+dragon dance=boom)
  3. Tyrantrum (just look at it)
  4. Garchomp (all the cools kids like it)
  5. Metagross (fairy killer)
  6. ???

Ground type can easily wreck this and Ice can be very dangerous. Fairy and Dragon types should be countered with Metagross. I am deeply concerned about the lack of Dark typing. I could always take my trusty Skuntank with me; open to suggestion. Also, I am thinking of dropping Garchomp in favour of Tyrantrum, in case there is a thing of too much dinosaurs.

Movesets, strategy and team synergy is a story for another day. I want to get a list of candidates before I start thinking of that.

Thanks to anyone for your time!

Hey,

Your team is full of (super) hard physical hitters, but you have no special attackers at all. That makes you very vulnerable to pokemon carrying Will-o-whisp or physical walls in general. So I would advise to use 1 slot for a strong special sweeper. My personal favorite is Porygon-Z with Nasty Plot/Recover/Tri Attack/Shadow Ball. Not the best per se, but almost no weakness, decent bulk and enough coverage to hit everything for at least neutral. I would also drop Tyrantrum for a pokemon having a more "support" role, but that's just because I like that in my teams, personnal preference (Vaporeon with wish+heal bell+scald could compliment very well your team IMO as it could tank on its on as well as helping your team with healing + remove status. Sylveon could have a similar role if you don't want to have 2 water types).

Have fun.

Thanks for the suggestions! Now that you mention it, I can see it myself. I used to carry a Gardevoir/Roserade in my last run as special attackers. Having a Porygon-Z was always in the back of my mind but usually I forgot about it. Think I will try it out!

I am really looking forward to crunching and stomping on everyone with the Tyrantrum and I would probably drop the Garchomp if I had to choose between the two. Also, my mind is flirting with the thought of a special water attacker instead of Feraligatr. Good thing there is plenty of time to think about it!

• 1 month later...

Hello! Short update in case anybody is wondering. I did quite a lot of swapping and considered numerous participants while trying testing on different teambuilder tools online. Haven't felt this nerdy in quite a while! In the end I scratched almost everything, except for my beloved starter. Blaziken and Porygon-Z will be the sweepers; can't wait to hit enemies with that x2 STAB tri-attack. Tyrantrum is going to be an all-rounder destroyer, as it should be. Gollisopod and Mimikyu can provide all sorts of back-up and Aegislash will be very fun to play with.

In summary, good resistances, great coverage and a one-way ticket for the hype train!!! 🚆

See you all at the final stop

Reborn.png

On 12/30/2021 at 12:01 AM, Foufoutos said:

Heya,

Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of the year as much as possible.

To say I am hyped for e19 is an understatement. Replaying the game this year was a magical experience. Making a new team from scratch, leveling and training each member, strategizing over crucial battles and crying in a dark corner after losing The Gauntlet AGAIN, hold a special place in my heart, along with my 'final' team I ended up with at the end of e18.

After thinking long and hard, I decided to start a new adventure on Reborn after the new episode releases, and enjoy the experience in its entirety! The plan is to  transfer all the 'cool' pokemon (as Lv.1s) to that new game and satisfy my inner child as much as possible. I would like to get some suggestions and thoughts. So far I got:

1. Blaziken (love)
  2. Feraligatr (+dragon dance=boom)
  3. Tyrantrum (just look at it)
  4. Garchomp (all the cools kids like it)
  5. Metagross (fairy killer)
  6. ???

Ground type can easily wreck this and Ice can be very dangerous. Fairy and Dragon types should be countered with Metagross. I am deeply concerned about the lack of Dark typing. I could always take my trusty Skuntank with me; open to suggestion. Also, I am thinking of dropping Garchomp in favour of Tyrantrum, in case there is a thing of too much dinosaurs.

Movesets, strategy and team synergy is a story for another day. I want to get a list of candidates before I start thinking of that.

Thanks to anyone for your time!

Honestly adding (mega) gardevoir to the team is an incredible choice, it literally sweeps everything with its MEGA coverage options and that incredible 125 (165) base special attack and that fairy/psychic type. honestly the only downside to it is the low defensive stats, other than that the speed and type is far superior to porygon-z and roserade. consider dropping mimikyu for gardevoir since you have 2 ghost types.

my personal set for gardevoir is as follows:

252/31 special attack + 252/31 Speed. bred for modest/timid nature and perfect ivs

Thunderbolt/mystical fire

shadow ball/calm mind

psychic

moon blast

@gardevoirite/life-orb/choice scarf (depends on whats available and what set you are running)

i know you have built your final team but like gardevoir is just amazing and i wanted to post something about this hella underrated sweeper. see you at the final stop

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OrangeOrb said:

Honestly adding (mega) gardevoir to the team is an incredible choice [...]

Mate I know exactly what you mean! I had a Gardevoir in my most recent run, and it was a beast of a sweeper with psychic, moonblast and calm mind. The number of times it saved me cannot be counted. However on this next run I wanted to have different mons and hence the absence of Gardevoir. Had that not being the case, I would definitely add it on my team. And to be fair, a level 94 Gardevoir will be chilling in my shared PC box so who knows ;)

7 hours ago, OrangeOrb said:

see you at the final stop

Enjoy the ride!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I did exactly same thing with the perfect team for new run when E19 will be available ^^ I took my time to hatch shiny pokemons (I used hatching mod to speed breeding cause without it, it wouldnt be possible) with satifying IV. It will be so nice to fully enjoy final version :) And in this case I have as my main team:

1. Salamence - I'm still hesitating between him and Charizard, cause Charizard is my favorite pokemon of all time and I can't imagine to play without him but honestly ... Salamence is such a badass...

2. Greninja - I love his Protean ability (who doesn't?) and speed. It was so useful so many times in game. He can also learn many different moves/can be many different types.

3. Electivire - one of my favorites pokemon. His look, his moveset, his type - all awesome.

4. Lycanroc - he's so inconspicuous, but powerful and (mostly) useful. He became one of my favorites pokemon ever since I've seen him on Hardy's gym.

5. Alolan Ninetales - I just can't resist to this creature. He's so cute ^^ and his shiny version - no words needed.

6. Metagross - My tank and fairy slayer :) and his shiny version is almost as awesome as A-Ninetales.

And in rotation:

7. Tsareena - she's a monster. Just like that.

8. Mimikyu - the same problem as 1. He or Gengar. Gengar is one of my favorites pokemon. I love him for his speed and abilities but from the other side I've never played with Mimikyu and watching him in game made me impressed.

9. Flygon - I've needed one, nice ground type. Lycanroc can learn ground moves but still he's rock type.

10. Komo-o - I'm not sure if I'm gonna use him often but I'm just curious about him. I've never played him and his shiny version is sweet :)

P.S. Sorry for my english and all mistakes I've made.

• Like 1

I share the same enthusiasm! I am currently IV training a ditto (thank you mods) and will use it to hatch the best IVs I can. Sounds very boring, but the anticipation for e19 make it sort of an enjoyable grind!

1. Salamence - I'm still hesitating between him and Charizard, cause Charizard is my favorite pokemon of all time and I can't imagine to play without him but honestly ... Salamence is such a badass...

2. Greninja - I love his Protean ability (who doesn't?) and speed. It was so useful so many times in game. He can also learn many different moves/can be many different types.

3. Electivire - one of my favorites pokemon. His look, his moveset, his type - all awesome.

4. Lycanroc - he's so inconspicuous, but powerful and (mostly) useful. He became one of my favorites pokemon ever since I've seen him on Hardy's gym.

5. Alolan Ninetales - I just can't resist to this creature. He's so cute ^^ and his shiny version - no words needed.

6. Metagross - My tank and fairy slayer :) and his shiny version is almost as awesome as A-Ninetales.

Sounds solid to me! Are you using any online team-building tools to settle on movesets, abilities etc. ?

Just now, Foufoutos said:

I share the same enthusiasm! I am currently IV training a ditto (thank you mods) and will use it to hatch the best IVs I can. Sounds very boring, but the anticipation for e19 make it sort of an enjoyable grind!

Sounds solid to me! Are you using any online team-building tools to settle on movesets, abilities etc. ?

It is boring but game is much more easier and less frustrating when you have good IV's. It is definetly worth the time you need to do this.

I use data from smogon - mostly for nature and to know which pokemon is special or physical attacker. I don't like status moves (maybe it's mistake), I always focus on attack moves. I'm just amateur :) But I play for fun and to enjoy my very best pokemon team. 

Have you choosen your last pick? ;)

• Like 1

I use data from smogon - mostly for nature and to know which pokemon is special or physical attacker. I don't like status moves (maybe it's mistake), I always focus on attack moves.

I used to go only for attacking moves before reborn. I still mainly do because I want to have good attack coverage; but a few non-offensive moves spice things up ;)

Have you choosen your last pick? ;)

I think I am going to try Porygon + Mimikyu and see how it goes, even though a Gardevoir is veeeeeery tempting. I will probably have one on standby. However, it feels like Gardevoir will replace both Porygon (special attacker) and Mimikyu (fairy type), so I also need to think of a 6th pokemon in that case.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, Foufoutos said:

Hello! Short update in case anybody is wondering. I did quite a lot of swapping and considered numerous participants while trying testing on different teambuilder tools online. Haven't felt this nerdy in quite a while! In the end I scratched almost everything, except for my beloved starter. Blaziken and Porygon-Z will be the sweepers; can't wait to hit enemies with that x2 STAB tri-attack. Tyrantrum is going to be an all-rounder destroyer, as it should be. Gollisopod and Mimikyu can provide all sorts of back-up and Aegislash will be very fun to play with.

In summary, good resistances, great coverage and a one-way ticket for the hype train!!! 🚆

See you all at the final stop

Reborn.png

Very powerful team but the big problem here is that you have almost no speed control and nothing over base speed 100

On 3/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, Mr.Badass said:

I know my team is ass. Just need to find an Aegisslash or tyranitar to make this team work .

Sounds like a 10-year old's wet dream, pretty much what I have in mind for my team :P Are you going to breed them to perfection?

On 3/7/2022 at 5:27 PM, Z.. said:

Very powerful team but the big problem here is that you have almost no speed control and nothing over base speed 100

That is true. The more I think about it, the more I want to drop porygon and mimikyu in favour of Gardevoir, which would leave one blank space in my team. Also, speed boost blaziken is easy to setup and outspeed almost anything.

1 hour ago, Foufoutos said:

That is true. The more I think about it, the more I want to drop porygon and mimikyu in favour of Gardevoir, which would leave one blank space in my team. Also, speed boost blaziken is easy to setup and outspeed almost anything.

The problem with Blaziken is that it needs one turn of free setup, so it can that speed boost and it kills itself very easily. Also are you talking about Mega Gard?

7 hours ago, Z.. said:

The problem with Blaziken is that it needs one turn of free setup, so it can that speed boost and it kills itself very easily. Also are you talking about Mega Gard?

Mega gardevoir is so cool but haven't decided yet. Even normal gardevoir is pretty good! The first member of the team has arrived! The dillema is, normal or shiny? I feel the latter looks supreme.

image.png.3754ddad10156ef4d0d150781b8421ad.pngimage.png.bdd398f341a33dfa1bc37b5f7441a936.png

On 3/18/2022 at 6:16 PM, Mr.Badass said:

It’s about synergy the team I posted earlier lack synergy and I believe the team is okay but won’t prevail against Lin due to lack of defensive utility . So I may need aegislash and tyranitar for the defense won’t collapse .

Why not have aegislash and tyranitar on top of the other 6 pokemons and rotate them throughout the game? I remember reading that we will receive more EXP in e19 so it will be easy to train extra pokemon. Also, you may add one 'twist' move on each of your pokemon instead of 4 damaging moves. For example metagross could carry stealth rock. You can look into bulbapedia for all moves each pokemon can learn. Or you could teach at least 3 different types of moves to each pokemon and have insane coverage. Really, experiment a bit and enjoy the game as much as possible :)