Reborn Challenge Pack!

Cervys

Since the next Reborn Episode is still a bit away, here's a little collection of challenge mods to provide a new, generally more difficult experience while playing what we already have! Some of these are inspired by challenges that are already out there and were simply adapted to Reborn, while others were just random ideas I had. I can't guarantee that combining multiple ones of these is going to work flawlessly or at all, since I haven't tested the combinations. 

Download: Reborn Challenge Pack

If you have other ideas for challenges, feel free to tell me! If they're sufficiently different from the ones already here and not too much work to implement, I'll probably do so!

6Mon:

Spoiler

You can only ever have 6 Pokémon. Every time you get a new Pokémon when your team is full, you must either release one of the Pokémon in your party or let the new Pokémon go.

AfterBattleRandomizer:

Spoiler

After every trainer battle, the species of every Pokémon in your party is changed to a random one. 

AllBudew:

Spoiler

Everything and everyone is Budew. The challenge here is to figure out what the hell is going on at any given moment. Definitely a nightmare.

LevelDown:

Spoiler

Pokemon lose EXP instead of gaining it. They can't go below level 1 and won't de-evolve, but they also won't grow stronger through battles.

TeamThief:

Spoiler

After every trainer battle you win, exchange your team for the one your opponent just had.

TypeRand:

Spoiler

Pokémon's types are randomized. They are not consistent across species, meaning two different Woobats will have different types. Dual-type Pokémon will still have dual types, while single-type Pokémon only have one. To mitigate the likely lack of STAB moves, every Pokémon is compatible with every TM. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ayo, been a bit - decided to try budew run. Pretty easy, but fun (also eggmove mons are broken lmao - murkrow with bravebird is hilarious, since, well, now you have a brave bird budew)
Points of improvement - Budew can currently evolve into roselia (and later on Shiny stone)
Oh, and also, the budew thing.. dies in vanhanen castle. After beating radomus, you're hard stuck in this scene
 image.png.96867802c55654f761297c757981c2e9.png
And there's nothing you can do about it

Correction: It fucks up when you have speedup enabled, I think. Tried without it and now I can progress

Also, the run is now done
image.png.01ca97d3ec73c8642c8dd12a8b280e02.png