Lowest BST Challenge Run

Aegisth

Been kicking around doing a challenge run, and I'm up to Cain 4 right before Radomus. Uploaded my progress up to Shade for people who want to follow along.

Run rules:

- Only allowed 6 Pokemon

- Must have the Lowest BST of all evolved Pokemon

- Wishiwashi, Shedinja, Smeargle, Ditto are banned because they're cheesy

- Set Mode

- Only Held Items

- Allowed to add in any Pokemon obtained post-Serra as a starter

- No duplicates

Team: Sableye, Delibird, Unown, Spinda, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc

The challenge is pretty straight forward. Wanted to grab the Pokmeon with the lowest BST, but there's some cheesy ones in there. I banned those as well to get the current team. Delibird does have Hustle, but it still sits within the six lowest BST Pokemon with it so I consider it valid.

Here's the playlist:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Z64 said:

man, this makes a lot of these fights look super easy. cool run idea!

I might release a video fall of my resets. Shade had sooo many resets in T2 and T3 from cursed body, not to mention all the resets before I figured my strategy and EV spread.

And Shade is nothing compared to the Aya resets (needs a freeze turn 4 that never thaws) and Aya is nothing compared to Serra resets.

Have another video for you all. This covers the Pulse Muk through Kiki. The Pulse Muk is the hardest boss in this. Figuring out what Unown HP type I needed to use and the order the three mons needed to go in was tough. The big unknown for a lot of these attempts was not being sure how much damage I'd realistically do to the Muk. At first, I focused my Unown on taking out the Eeveelutions, but eventually realized it needed to bring down the Muk's HP once it used to Discharge.

• Like 1

Aya was the next big stumbling block in this run, and there are very few ways this fight can go that brings us to victory. This strategy relies on freezing Drapion on T4, never missing any attacks, and Drapion can never thaw. It takes a while to even figure out this strategy (thank you Hope for the help!), and for a while I was trying to freeze Toxapex instead on T1. Didn't work.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, Aegisth said:

Aya was the next big stumbling block in this run, and there are very few ways this fight can go that brings us to victory. This strategy relies on freezing Drapion on T4, never missing any attacks, and Drapion can never thaw. It takes a while to even figure out this strategy (thank you Hope for the help!), and for a while I was trying to freeze Toxapex instead on T1. Didn't work.

I admire your tenacity my friend. This run looks like fun! How did you choose your team?