Suggestions on my team

Kooks

I have currently finished episode 19, but since episode 18 was like three years ago I'm doing sidequests before episode 20 comes out. I'm grinding my team rn, my level cap is 95, and my pokemon have a level average of around 93. I have a shit ton of pokemon in my box, so any pokemon suggestions will be fine. I'm thinking of a team consisting of Malamar, Aegislash, Garchomp, Alolan Raichu, Primarina and Incineroar. The team I currently have is quite decent, but I like the idea of having these pokemon above, and I think they would fare well. Criticism accepted. But don't be toxic mouth. Unless I make a stupid decision with my team. Then I guess I deserve it.

Go ahead and judge me

rn my team is:
Empoleon (wave incense) [Torrent]
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Aqua Jet
-Flash Cannon

Arcanine (Charcoal) [Intimidate]
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Flare Blitz

Scrafty (Leftovers) [Shed skin]
-Crunch
-High Jump Kick
-Drain Punch
-Dragon Dance

Roserade (Black Sludge) [Poison Point]
-Giga Drain
-Grassy Terrain
-Toxic
-Venoshock

Golurk (Spell tag) [Iron Fist]  ((this is to buff shadow punch (60 dmg) and heavy arm))
-Heavy Slam
-Shadow Punch
-Heavy Arm
-Earthquake

Gardevoir (Twisted Spoon) [Synchronise]
-Calm Mind
-Psychic

-Trick Room
-Moon Blast

Edited by Kooks

13 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Sorry te be a toxic mouth, but Episode 19 isnt even out yet. We still is on 18.

anyways, to help your team

your team that you mentioned above (with incineroar) would do so mo=uch better than this one

have a good day, toodles!

ty! rip mega gardevoir (recently got gardevoirite) but I guess z move incineroar and mega garchomp is cool too

One problem- I have no counters against normal types
Should I just rely on fighting type moves?
also a have a mistake, and its that I have two psychic types, malamar and raichu.

PS: Electric-FIghting types don't exist

Edited by Kooks

On 9/17/2021 at 2:12 PM, Kooks said:

I'm thinking of a team consisting of Malamar, Aegislash, Garchomp, Alolan Raichu, Primarina and Incineroar.

Malamar with Contrary and Superpower could do well against normal types. If you want to switch it out instead - since it shares types with both Raichu and Incineroar - Breloom might be an interesting pick: it's always been one of the most busted mons in singles thanks to the infamous spore + focus punch combo and would complete the classic fire/water/grass core for you along with Incineroar and Primarina. It also helps by resisting ground, which 3 of your mons are weak against. Otherwise Heracross is another fun option and provides you with a different mega if you want.

Overall, aside from Raichu and Garchomp - the latter of which gets a speed decrease if you use the mega - the team seems pretty balanced but kinda slow. I am not sure if you are planning to EV train or not, but either way my advice would be to try and get multiple forms of speed control - Trick Room especially.

Have fun training!

On 9/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, Pippolazzo said:

Malamar with Contrary and Superpower could do well against normal types. If you want to switch it out instead - since it shares types with both Raichu and Incineroar - Breloom might be an interesting pick: it's always been one of the most busted mons in singles thanks to the infamous spore + focus punch combo and would complete the classic fire/water/grass core for you along with Incineroar and Primarina. It also helps by resisting ground, which 3 of your mons are weak against. Otherwise Heracross is another fun option and provides you with a different mega if you want.

Overall, aside from Raichu and Garchomp - the latter of which gets a speed decrease if you use the mega - the team seems pretty balanced but kinda slow. I am not sure if you are planning to EV train or not, but either way my advice would be to try and get multiple forms of speed control - Trick Room especially.

Have fun training!

Yes, in fact I do ev train!
I've been taking literal notes, because the current team mentioned in my very first post of this thread covers all types but has mediocre mons
I've settled with Chesnaught, Garchomp, Gardevoir, Incineroar, Gyarados, and Magnezone

This seems like a good coverage team, thinking of adjusting Garchomp to something more practical.
all pokemon will have 252 speed evs (except chesnaught, it'll prob have 252 hp ev and 252 attack with 4 def)

EDIT: Then again, Breloom is another grass fighting type, and it'll get better speed than chesnaught, but chesnaught will be bulkier. So... which grass fighting?

Edited by Kooks

45 minutes ago, Kooks said:

I've settled with Chesnaught, Garchomp, Gardevoir, Incineroar, Gyarados, and Magnezone

This seems like a good coverage team, thinking of adjusting Garchomp to something more practical.
all pokemon will have 252 speed evs (except chesnaught, it'll prob have 252 hp ev and 252 attack with 4 def)

Looks solid, although I personally wouldn't bother with speed EVs on Magne and Inci since they both come off a 60 speed BST and they likely won't outspeed many threats... You'd probably be better off increasing their bulk instead. I'm using Magnezone and Mega Garde on my main team and I can confirm they are both very good.

As for Chesnaught vs Breloom, I think Breloom is far superior - again, Spore - but ultimately you should just go with your favorite and the one you think will be a better fit.

16 minutes ago, Pippolazzo said:

Looks solid, although I personally wouldn't bother with speed EVs on Magne and Inci since they both come off a 60 speed BST and they likely won't outspeed many threats... You'd probably be better off increasing their bulk instead. I'm using Magnezone and Mega Garde on my main team and I can confirm they are both very good.

As for Chesnaught vs Breloom, I think Breloom is far superior - again, Spore - but ultimately you should just go with your favorite and the one you think will be a better fit.

fat almond juggernaut versus a kangaroo mushroom
I would go for the kangaroo mushroom
What evs for the incineroar?

6 minutes ago, Kooks said:

What evs for the incineroar?

I'd just keep it simple and go for a 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 anything else. With Intimidate and an Assault Vest on it's gonna be bulky as hell on both sides and hit hard as a truck. If you want to outspeed some things you can drop some from atk and put them on speed, but consider that you'll need at least 84 EVs with 31 IVs to be faster than uninvested base 70 mons.

33 minutes ago, Pippolazzo said:

I'd just keep it simple and go for a 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 anything else. With Intimidate and an Assault Vest on it's gonna be bulky as hell on both sides and hit hard as a truck. If you want to outspeed some things you can drop some from atk and put them on speed, but consider that you'll need at least 84 EVs with 31 IVs to be faster than uninvested base 70 mons.

well that sucks. AHHHHHHH 
I thought incineroar would be much faster
Sorry for changing my mind so many times **internal screaming**

okay okay, hear me out. Gyarados, Magnezone, Gardevoir are all confident choices. 
Blaziken, Krookodile, and Serperior 

Seems like a party of overused mons though. I switched up garchomp (I USED 11 RARE CANDIES ON THIS) because earthquake tm doesn't exist even in late game (garchomp can only learn earthquake via tm)
Idk if this is solid or not. Maybe iinstead of serperior I keep roserade for more fairy coverage. Abomasnow is tempting.

EDIT: Blaziken [speed boost], Krookodile [Moxie], Serperior [Contrary], Abomasnow [Snow Warning], Roserade [Poison Point]

EDIT: OOOO ALOLAN EXEGGUTOR SOUNDS INTERESTING. Grass and Dragon type sounds interesting, taking normal dmg from fire attacks, 4x weakness to ice though, weakness to fairy and flying and dragon.

Edited by Kooks

35 minutes ago, Kooks said:

well that sucks. AHHHHHHH 
I thought incineroar would be much faster
Sorry for changing my mind so many times **internal screaming**

okay okay, hear me out. Gyarados, Magnezone, Gardevoir are all confident choices. 
Blaziken, Krookodile, and Serperior 

Seems like a party of overused mons though. I switched up garchomp (I USED 11 RARE CANDIES ON THIS) because earthquake tm doesn't exist even in late game (garchomp can only learn earthquake via tm)
Idk if this is solid or not. Maybe iinstead of serperior I keep roserade for more fairy coverage. Abomasnow is tempting.

EDIT: Blaziken [speed boost], Krookodile [Moxie], Serperior [Contrary], Abomasnow [Snow Warning], Roserade [Poison Point]

Well it's not like being slower is inherently bad, especially if it's compensated by good typing, abilities, stats and movepool. No wonder Incineroar has been dominating the competitive scene (especially in doubles) since its HA release, and Magnezone - which has the same speed stat - is equally busted in storymode. 

We'll eventually get Earthquake and the other missing TMs in e19 (I myself am running Venusaur despite not having access to Sludgebomb yet).

Anyway for your other picks, Blaziken destroys the game on its own - even more so if you run Protect to get a free turn of speed boost in - Krookodile and Serperior/Roserade are all very good offensive options. Abomasnow is super fun but very slow and full of weaknesses and in a game like Reborn where every opponent has crazy coverage I feel like it would be deadweight most of the time, so it's the only one I wouldn't recommend. 

Again, ultimately it's up to your playstyle, if you like hyper offense go for it!

29 minutes ago, Pippolazzo said:

Well it's not like being slower is inherently bad, especially if it's compensated by good typing, abilities, stats and movepool. No wonder Incineroar has been dominating the competitive scene (especially in doubles) since its HA release, and Magnezone - which has the same speed stat - is equally busted in storymode. 

We'll eventually get Earthquake and the other missing TMs in e19 (I myself am running Venusaur despite not having access to Sludgebomb yet).

Anyway for your other picks, Blaziken destroys the game on its own - even more so if you run Protect to get a free turn of speed boost in - Krookodile and Serperior/Roserade are all very good offensive options. Abomasnow is super fun but very slow and full of weaknesses and in a game like Reborn where every opponent has crazy coverage I feel like it would be deadweight most of the time, so it's the only one I wouldn't recommend. 

Again, ultimately it's up to your playstyle, if you like hyper offense go for it!

huh. Well, I've had past experiences with Incineroar (gen 7 pokemon showdown + pokemon ultra moon) and I've gotta say it gets kind of tiring spamming darkest lariat to win every game. Blaziken pog. Alright I'll get a serperior (my roserade doesn't know petal dance).

Is it confirmed that we'll get an earthquake tm in ep 19? if so, I'm just hoping it isn't post-game after the storyline finishes.
Ty, I have now got a solid team
Blaziken, Serperior, Magnezone, Gardevoir, Gyarados and Krookodile.

once I get the tm for earthquake;

Krookodile will be replaced with Garchomp (Dragon type was my fav type, and it still is after fairy type got introduced in gen 5. Plus I LOVE GARCHOMP AND GROUND TYPES ARE MY SECOND FAV TYPE.)
Blaziken might be replaced with Incineroar since I dropped the dark type from Krook, and I don't want a dark grass type (shrifty cringe).

and Serperior will be replaced with Breloom.

EDIT: TY TY TY BUT EARTHQUALE TM IN EP 19 CONFIRMED????

Edited by Kooks

14 minutes ago, Kooks said:

EDIT: TY TY TY BUT EARTHQUALE TM IN EP 19 CONFIRMED????

Well, it's just a personal assumption, but sooner or later all missing TMs will have to be available and since e19 will be the last one, TM26 Earthquake will definitely be somewhere. TM02 Dragon Claw will most likely be the reward from Saphira's gym, which leaves:

TM04 Calm Mind

TM13 Ice Beam

TM14 Blizzard

TM25 Thunder

TM26 Earthquake
TM36 Sludge Bomb

TM38 Fire Blast

TM53 Energy Ball

TM72 Volt Switch

TM75 Swords Dance
TM89 U-Turn

Imo too many to be laying around in Charous Mountain and the remaining part of the map, so I can see a couple of them being rewards for optional quests and most of them being purchasable for a steep price from some special shop, especially since most of them can be thematically grouped together (e.g. the "OG super moves" TM14, 25 and 38 - and possibly EQ -, or the "competitive flavored" ones like 04, 72, 75 and 89). 

But in the end it's all speculation, we can only wait and see :P

9 hours ago, Pippolazzo said:

Well, it's just a personal assumption, but sooner or later all missing TMs will have to be available and since e19 will be the last one, TM26 Earthquake will definitely be somewhere. TM02 Dragon Claw will most likely be the reward from Saphira's gym, which leaves:

TM04 Calm Mind

TM13 Ice Beam

TM14 Blizzard

TM25 Thunder

TM26 Earthquake
TM36 Sludge Bomb

TM38 Fire Blast

TM53 Energy Ball

TM72 Volt Switch

TM75 Swords Dance
TM89 U-Turn

Imo too many to be laying around in Charous Mountain and the remaining part of the map, so I can see a couple of them being rewards for optional quests and most of them being purchasable for a steep price from some special shop, especially since most of them can be thematically grouped together (e.g. the "OG super moves" TM14, 25 and 38 - and possibly EQ -, or the "competitive flavored" ones like 04, 72, 75 and 89). 

But in the end it's all speculation, we can only wait and see :P

Huh. cool. But what if they don't include the tms? Theres a chance they won't. Big sad.

My favourite tms would be swords dance, earthquake, calm mind and Ice beam.