Any way to change the controls?

RedRobin705

• Global Mods

There's currently no way to change controls, apologies for that. A couple years ago someone asked and I asked if they could ask Ame how, and Ame did respond, but I haven't gone forward with doing it because of

• task-specific procrastination. I don't know why, but sometimes there's a specific task that I just can't find the energy or motivation in myself to bring me to do. I don't know what my brain's criteria for it is. Similarly, sometimes I'm too shy to ask a specific question to a specific person, which is why someone else had to ask Ame for me as I'm shy about asking Ame about game development stuff 
  • fear of bug reports related to switched controls. I feel like this might've happened with Reborn? but I'm not sure/don't remember the details, I just vaguely feel like there were a couple bug reports that couldn't be solved or weren't universal that were related to peoples' changed control settings, but I could be remembering wrong

If you have rpg maker, you can open the Game.rxproj file and go to the scripts. Find the section PSystem_Contrtols and find this part:

image.png.7b85ef7347569faa9c7e454a388d71dc.png

I added the small red rectangles just as an example. Those buttons are the J for LEFT movement, K for DOWN, L for RIGHT and I for UP. If you don't like those keys you can always check the ASCII Table and find those that work better for you. If you decide to do so, make sure you use the Hexadecimal (Hex) representation of the key you want.

If you don't have rpg maker, or you are having trouble making this work, send me your Scripts.rxdata file located in your Data folder and I will do it for you. Name me the keys you want to use though :)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, groniack said:

If you have rpg maker, you can open the Game.rxproj file and go to the scripts. Find the section PSystem_Contrtols and find this part:

image.png.7b85ef7347569faa9c7e454a388d71dc.png

I added the small red rectangles just as an example. Those buttons are the J for LEFT movement, K for DOWN, L for RIGHT and I for UP. If you don't like those keys you can always check the ASCII Table and find those that work better for you. If you decide to do so, make sure you use the Hexadecimal (Hex) representation of the key you want.

If you don't have rpg maker, or you are having trouble making this work, send me your Scripts.rxdata file located in your Data folder and I will do it for you. Name me the keys you want to use though :)

I don't have RPG Maker, so here's the file (WASD for the movement keys, K for A, L for B, J for run, and I for the registered item)..... Thanks for the help!

Scripts.rxdata

Here is your file. Place it where you found it in your data folder!

Your new keys are these:

W -> Up

A -> Left

S -> Down

D -> Right

J -> Run

K -> A

L -> B

I -> Use registered item

Other changes I made because some of the keys you requested where already taken:

C -> is now used for quicksave

X -> is used now to toggle auto run

Z -> is now used as the X button, can't remember what that did in Spork :)

So yeah, test it out and tell me if everything works as you wanted. I will probably see your message tomorrow because I will be traveling today! I hope it works well!

Scripts.rxdata

59 minutes ago, groniack said:

Here is your file. Place it where you found it in your data folder!

Your new keys are these:

W -> Up

A -> Left

S -> Down

D -> Right

J -> Run

K -> A

L -> B

I -> Use registered item

Other changes I made because some of the keys you requested where already taken:

C -> is now used for quicksave

X -> is used now to toggle auto run

Z -> is now used as the X button, can't remember what that did in Spork :)

So yeah, test it out and tell me if everything works as you wanted. I will probably see your message tomorrow because I will be traveling today! I hope it works well!

Scripts.rxdata 729.4 kB · 0 downloads

It works pretty well! Thanks! Though in certain menus, like the options menu, the menus that pop up when picking options in dialogue, the PC menu and the menu you get when pressing B, instead of going up, W brings the cursor all the way down to the last option on the menu. It appears Q and W brings the cursor to the first and last choices on a menu, respectively. W still works as the UP button in battle and when moving your character though, so that's pretty much the only issue.....

35 minutes ago, RedWolf705 said:

It works pretty well! Thanks! Though in certain menus, like the options menu, the menus that pop up when picking options in dialogue, the PC menu and the menu you get when pressing B, instead of going up, W brings the cursor all the way down to the last option on the menu. It appears Q and W brings the cursor to the first and last choices on a menu, respectively. W still works as the UP button in battle and when moving your character though, so that's pretty much the only issue.....

Alright! I might have forgotten to replace something then. I won't be able to look at it today probably, but I will have it ready as fast as possible!

• Thanks 1

Scripts.rxdata

Here you go! I fixed that issue. Now if you want to go up a page the key is still Q and if you want to go down a page the new key is 1. You can use the W and S keys as intended now! I hope there are no other issues 😂

Again, if anything is weird again, tell me! Have fun with your new controls!

• Thanks 1