How to grind for heartscales in Pokemon X and Y

Magus

First get the old rod, it is Ambrette Town, in the Aquarium ( a guy gives it to you by the golden magickarp)

Next get thief (it is given to you in Cassius's house in Camphrier town)

In route route 8, go fishing with the old rod and use thief to steal the heartscales.

If a pokemon has compound eyes, the rate of getting items from wild pokemon goes up (Butterfree is a good user and he learns thief too)

You can use the heart scales to relearn moves in Dandemille town.

Linoone Pickup/Covet army...

You can get than just the scales that way.

But the Luvdiscs are near-guarenteed to have heart scales, while with your plan you'd have to wait for ages until you got something that wasn't something else.

But the Luvdiscs are near-guarenteed to have heart scales, while with your plan you'd have to wait for ages until you got something that wasn't something else.

Covet steals held items ya know, its the normal type Thief. My plan just adds the pick up loot to the stealing.

After trying to fish in different places, it appears to me that Ludvisc is the Magikarp of this game... Whenever you fish, wherever you fish, if you use the Old Rod Ludvisc is all you get! And in fact, thanks to my Thief Greninja I have accumulated 8 Heart Scales so far, and I am still grinding for more... I am going to make me some nice movesets as soon as I get to the Move Relearner town!

I really wish it was a bit earlier in the game, or at least the UN learner...

But if it was that early, then there'd be no moves you'd want to learn; usually the moves people want to learn are the innate lv1 final evo moves such as King's Shield that otherwise can't obtained, and you don't get fully evolved guys for quite a bit.

Also forgot to look up Covet sue me

I really wish it was a bit earlier in the game, or at least the UN learner...

Yeah. Then one could just teach an hm move to someone on your team whenever you run across areas where you need and not feel really bad cuz you're stuck with it for so long.

I just found out that on the Pokemon-GL website, you can exchange "pokemiles" to receive Heart Scales, along with rare candies and Max Revives!

You receive pokemiles by carrying it in your pocket, backpack, purse, or whatever....

This honestly sounds like a 10x easier method to receive heart scales imo

Just looked- I suddenly have 1432 when the last time I looked didn't have quite enough for a max revive. But then again I did quite a bit of GTS trading last night and some wonder trading to get rid of some random pokemon I didn't want (like spares from safari catching sprees). I guess they're finally making it worth while to wonder trade and GTS is a lot better now that you can look through so many more offers if you don't feel like trading away your legendaries for some random version exclusive.