Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Please help me beat Shade...

HotDiggityDog

Question

I can't beat this Shade guy, no matter what combination of Pokemon I try to use. PLEASE HELP!!! 😭😭😭

First Choice Pokemon:

Charizard lvl 38: Wing Attack, Fire Pledge, Dragon Rage & Fire Fang.

Stoutland lvl 39: Rock Smash, Retaliate, Crunch, Thunder Fang

Croagunk lvl 35: Venochock, Mud Bomb, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch

Grabull lvl 39: Bite, Lick, Headbutt, Rage

Pachirisu lvl 39: Thunder Wave, Spark, Electro Ball, Super Fang.

Golem lvl 38: Nature Power, Rock Blast, Bulldoze Stealth Rock

Other Notable Considerations:

Simisage lvl 37: Rock Smash, Leech Seed, Bite, Grass Pledge

Venomoth lvl 35: Sleep Powder, Signal Beam, Poison Powder, Psybeam

Ariados lvl 33: Struggle Bug, Sucker Punch, Infestation, Shadow Sneak

Dunsparce lvl 38: Roost, Rock Smash, Glare, Dig

Roselia lvl 38: Nature Power, Giga Drain, Petal Blizzard, Stun Spore

Togedemaru lvl 38: Zing Zap, Nuzzle, Electric Terrain, Discharge.

I'm sure people know Shade's Pokemon, Gengar takes out most my Pokemon and if Rotom doesn't finish them off, the next one does.

AGAIN, PLEASE HELP!!! 😖

9 answers to this question

Hello there
First thing don't use Croagunk or evolve it into Toxicroak (level 37 i think)
Get Granbull intimidate because it can be your best mon here..
Pachirisu can abuse T-Wave heal spam along with volt absorb..
Golem can use nature power gear grind along with sturdy (if you have that)
Togedemaru can use electric terrain and nuzzle to change his field..

Obviously getting your pokemons to level 40 will also help and your best places to grind are beneath the grand staircase (last floor unown) and below shades gym..

Healing items (ice creams and lemonades) are always your best friends..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HotDiggityDog said:

What a Huge Power Diggersby? Is it the one with a star next to it, that makes it shine when it enters battle? Don't know what that is for tbh, if you know please let me know... 😅

Huge power is an ability that Diggersby can have.  The star just means it's not using the default sprite for the pokemon; it's purely aesthetic.  

1 hour ago, HotDiggityDog said:

I got the Carvanha but the Electric Moves completely wipe it out and it doesn't have Crunch, it has Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Slash, and Destiny Bond.

It gets crunch at 40, IIRC.  Regarding getting wiped out by electric moves, if you have speed boost, a pretty good sequence is to paralyze the gengar with Pachirisu or another electric type, then let pachirisu faint, send in sharpedo, get the kill with crunch, and get the speed boost boost to outspeed subsequent pokemon.

Do the team aqua sidequest in Lapis ward; the second reward is a gifted Carvanha.  Sharpedo with speed boost and crunch has very good odds of sweeping (Shade's team is pretty unbulky and Sharpedo hits pretty hard (it'll OHKO rotom, gengar, and banette for sure and will probably ohko the dhelmise, leaving the rest of your team to deal with doublade/mimikyu, one of which Sharpedo can take out with destiny bond).  Since it's a gift pokemon, it'll also get increased exp, so grinding it up to 40 should be fairly quick.

(You can also join team magma, which I believe gets you a houndour, which will probably also perform well, but given that you've already got a good fire type in Charizard, a water type probably slots better into your team, and destiny bond sharpedo puts in solid work pretty much throughout the game)

• Like 1

Huge Power Diggersby with solid atk and speed IVs sweeps Shade 6-0 with nature power. Its immune to both ghost and electrical attacks. Nature Power first turns on the lights with Discharge and then begins wrecking everything with Gear Grind, which on Factory Field (lights on) gets a 2x damage boost.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, ()Sane said:

Hello there
First thing don't use Croagunk or evolve it into Toxicroak (level 37 i think)
Get Granbull intimidate because it can be your best mon here..
Pachirisu can abuse T-Wave heal spam along with volt absorb..
Golem can use nature power gear grind along with sturdy (if you have that)
Togedemaru can use electric terrain and nuzzle to change his field..

Obviously getting your pokemons to level 40 will also help and your best places to grind are beneath the grand staircase (last floor unown) and below shades gym..

Healing items (ice creams and lemonades) are always your best friends..

Thanks for the advice but I still can't manage to beat Shade. The healing items don't get used up by the Pokemon holding it for some reason, do you know why?

On 7/14/2021 at 7:17 PM, Darkhorse said:

Huge Power Diggersby with solid atk and speed IVs sweeps Shade 6-0 with nature power. Its immune to both ghost and electrical attacks. Nature Power first turns on the lights with Discharge and then begins wrecking everything with Gear Grind, which on Factory Field (lights on) gets a 2x damage boost.

I don't know this Pokemon, do you know where I can get it?

On 7/14/2021 at 4:33 PM, R.B said:

Do the team aqua sidequest in Lapis ward; the second reward is a gifted Carvanha.  Sharpedo with speed boost and crunch has very good odds of sweeping (Shade's team is pretty unbulky and Sharpedo hits pretty hard (it'll OHKO rotom, gengar, and banette for sure and will probably ohko the dhelmise, leaving the rest of your team to deal with doublade/mimikyu, one of which Sharpedo can take out with destiny bond).  Since it's a gift pokemon, it'll also get increased exp, so grinding it up to 40 should be fairly quick.

(You can also join team magma, which I believe gets you a houndour, which will probably also perform well, but given that you've already got a good fire type in Charizard, a water type probably slots better into your team, and destiny bond sharpedo puts in solid work pretty much throughout the game)

I got the Carvanha but the Electric Moves completely wipe it out and it doesn't have Crunch, it has Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Slash, and Destiny Bond.

7 minutes ago, Darkhorse said:

Bunnelby, Diggersby's first stage, can be found to the left of Corey's gym during the day

What a Huge Power Diggersby? Is it the one with a star next to it, that makes it shine when it enters battle? Don't know what that is for tbh, if you know please let me know... 😅