How to properly format fanfictions?

Memebot

After playing Rejuv, I can't stop thinking about.

I want to write about it, problem is that I'm not too familiar with the formatting on this site, I want to make it clean and presentable.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Memebot

10 hours ago, Memebot said:

After playing Rejuv, I can't stop thinking about.

I want to write about it, problem is that I'm all too familiar with the formatting on this site, how to make it clean and presentable.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you can format it as you like, but I personally try to make it easier for peepos to read my stuff by:

• Having the first post list/link all the chapters in spoilers so that they can click on the next one if they don't want to scroll through 15 pages lol
  • Have a "link to the next chapter" thing at the bottom of each chapter so that if peeps comment a lot, other peeps can still quickly skip those to go to the next chapter without scrolling.
  • Having different colors for the dialogue. This isn't so much for easiness to read, but because colors = fun!

That's what comes to mind on the top of my head :p happy writing~

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Candy gave you some useful advice.

What I wanted to add is that there are a few fanfictions on the forum. So you can look at them to try and find what you think works best. The site allows you to do some nice stuff with the layout (changing colors, fonts, sizes, alignments) so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something neat.

Also, we're not very demanding readers, so you can just experiment with your first chapters until you find a presentation that you really like. 

And above all, if you want to write, don't overthink it too much... 

Happy writing -- (that's Candy's formula, but I think it's a great find).