Game unable to find save files

btarallo

Hi, I bought a new laptop and Reborn is unable to find my previous save content. I added all previous saves to C:\Users\My name\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn. However the game data seems to be pulling from somewhere else. 

I created a new game and saved it. However the file cannot be found in the folder indicated above. I searched for the save file and also could not find the rxdata with the new user when searching file explorer for all items for "rxdata". 

Is it possible that it is trying to track the data from my D drive? I added the ssd from my old computer to this one so it does have a file path to the Saved Files with my previous computer name which I believe is the same name. However, I cannot search the user files on the previous drive of D:\Users\My name\Saved Games because the C drive booted up Windows. Any thoughts?

reborn.png

3 hours ago, btarallo said:

I created a new game and saved it. However the file cannot be found in the folder indicated above. I searched for the save file and also could not find the rxdata with the new user when searching file explorer for all items for "rxdata". 

Reborn is looking for files named Game, Game_1, Game_2, and etc. The reason its not detecting the others is because they aren't named correctly.

If you want to load up one of your old files you just rename it to one of those. Or grab the Game.rxdata from your old laptop and move it to the new one*.

*For clarity, the file will only be called "Game". The .rxdata is the file type that the actual game uses for saves.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your responses. To confirm, I just need to move the Game2.rxdata file to my new folder and open up that file? I attempted to move it over and now when I open that file it still just opens the progress I had on the new laptop instead of the old laptop data. Any thoughts? I have the Game-### saves as well and tried opening those. Same results. 1546877253_RebornSave.thumb.png.3ee3f6c5b690f88ba1baa13dc788aeec.pngstead of what I had on my old laptop.