Gamepad compability?

CaptainMetal

So far I've always played the Fangames using JoyToKey for my Gamepad. Recently though I played Xenoverse and this game by defualt had gamepad support. I checked with the reborn-z.exe and when pressing F1 I got the same window to assign buttons. When I assigned a controller key like "up" it recognized me pushing the button, but ingame it still didn't do anything. Is this something that can be fixed by me or would the devs actively need to change something in the game for native gamepad support? JoyToKey usually works but sometimes I notice some slight lag that makes little QT events more difficult (Starlight Divide was a nightmare)

Controller compatibility is something RGSS as a whole needs. 

I use JoytoKey as well and it can be quite a pain in the ass.

If I move the controller or set it down just the wrong way it cuts out. Either unplugging it from the laptop or opening and closing the lid activates it again.

Even more bothersome sometimes when I close my laptop and reopen it to move between the living room and my bedroom the buttons can reassign themselves. Though, I've noticed this mostly with Phoenix Rising and Insurgence I've experienced it with Rejuvenation and Empire as well. 

In Reborn as I've recently gotten back into it to complete some side quests, I've had the new experience of it cutting out mid-play (i.e mid-battle). 

You get what you pay for though and I am using the free version of JoytoKey and ultimately it's worth it, the controller is much easier on my hands than using the keyboard.