Tristian Question

HarrySax24

Spoiler

I'm currently prepping for the Celia Tournament/Rosetta battle.
That the Ordinary Badge still appears on my Trainer Card at this point and had unlocked a cap points to it being valid however Ava's inability to see it still has me questioning it. If she can't see it, the league officials probably won't be able to either and they won't validate a badge they can't see. 

While exploring Tristian's grandfather's abandoned house, Connor I believe it is mentions that there are Ordinary Badges scattered around the floor. 
If we still validly hold the badge, my best guess is that it's because either Connor or Ava grabbed us one after we passed out despite the dialogue not clarifying this. 

UPDATE:

Spoiler

I've now just beaten Aaron. 
Having gone through the Dreamscape arc, Tristen becomes even more confusing. 

The Dreamscape would have us believe that Tristian was considered to have "died" in Ayrith because Ayrith is a dream and he "woke up" but that still doesn't explain why Connor and Ava couldn't see the Ordinary Badge in our possession.

In retrospect nor is it established whether or not the others could see him when we enter Silver Ridge while partnered with him. 

True, he tells us that no one remembers him which conveniently excuses the absence of a fuss over a walking, talking, and battling dead individual if he is seen but there's a decent chance that he's a valid gym leader at the very least since he gives out a seemingly functioning badge.

How can a gym leader be forgotten even if he, unfortunately, wasn't memorable as a person? 

Particularly how can Ava, another gym leader not know who he is? I'm not sure she remembered him when she announced that he'd died as much as just put the pieces together with the information from the dairies into an educated guess.

I'm reminded of the film 'Just Like Heaven' starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. 
Reese Witherspoon's character is an anti-social doctor who spends so much time at work that her very existence went unnoticed by her neighbors but she was quite beloved at the hospital where she worked by coworkers and patients alike. 

Therefore, citizens are plausible but I don't understand the other gym leaders just "forgetting" who Tristen was, at least as the Normal-type gym leader regardless of how well known he was as a person. 

Shouldn't he at least have established a stand-offish reputation as the mysterious loner or reclusive gym leader?

do not trust the Dreamscape and the preceding is just one reason.

A world in which the twins are considered borderline saints for having been the ones to transcend folks into this world from an alleged "dream" is one of the other major red flags (*coughKuikicough*).